It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney admits authorizing detainee's torture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Do you believe that an economic blockade of a country in order to remove a vicious dictator is torture?

Is is acceptable to bomb a house where a known terrorist is suspected of hiding, knowing that there may be civilians inside?

If a hijacked plane full of commercial passengers was headed for a children's hospital, would it be OK to shoot it down?

I just want to know what people think is acceptable.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that torture doesn't occur on POW's captured in or from any nation has no idea about the truth.

Are they trying to kill them? No they are looking for information as the prisoner is no good dead to the enemy no matter who their enemy is.

Water boarding has always been used chances are by every single nation that has had POW's because it is torture in the sense that the POW's body thinks their drowning when in fact they are not. It leaves no marks and is very effective in retrieving information. Most will out right lie if they have no information just to get them to stop.

Only time death would be considered, other than sheer hatred for the person or their beliefs, would be if there are concerns for food and water availability, because information is much more important.

Anyone believing that any nation follows the geneva convention to the letter is just sucking in the policy to make the governments treatment of POW's appear civil in the civilians eyes.

Questing that has to be asked is who interprets what cruel and unusual punishment/torture is? That is where the line gets real fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Remember when we used to be the good guys?

A star to you for what should be the rallying cry of the American people.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I just want to know what people think is acceptable.

How about the line be drawn at the precise point where you would allow such things to be done to your family...or brothers-in-arms?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

Malicious practice by big beautiful beehind.

They want to kill us. Oh, let me guess they are are sweet peace loving farmers.

My family will never be waterborded because my family will never be caught on a Middle Eastern battlefield point a gun at Americans.

You are a sad pathetic pseudo American.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join