It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof increased CO2 causes global "cooling"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by funny_pom

You just answered your question by yourself, thanks! That is exactly what I was referring to.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
All the money and time and effort spent on this theoretical thing called climate change.
Could feed every single human being on this earth.
Climates always changed.
They have changed worse in the past, before we had combustion engines and coal power plants.
There was nothing we could do about it then, and there is nothing we can do about it now.
However the powers at be would like you to think paying them some extra money in taxes, will fix a non existent problem.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by habeas corpuss

What you are forgetting is that we are polluting the planet. We are killing off thousands of species every year with our polluting lifestyles. It is not just about global warming or climate change. It is about saving what is left of the fragile ecosystem.

There have been 5 major extinction events in the history of the earth, all caused by nature. We are currently causing the sixth and it eventually may lead to the end for Homo Sapiens.

70% of biologists view the present era as part of a mass extinction event, possibly one of the fastest ever, according to a 1998 survey by the American Museum of Natural History. Some, such as E. O. Wilson of Harvard University, predict that humanity's destruction of the biosphere could cause the extinction of one-half of all species in the next 100 years. Research and conservation efforts, such as the IUCN's annual "Red List" of threatened species, all point to an ongoing period of enhanced extinction, though some offer much lower rates and hence longer time scales before the onset of catastrophic damage. The extinction of many megafauna near the end of the most recent ice age is also sometimes considered part of the Holocene extinction event.[4] Some paleontologists, however, question whether the available data support a comparison with mass extinctions in the past

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
err I think you missed the data on your own charts.........try this place its easier for the "environmentally challenged" to grasp..

lol

The same data that has been used to claim 'cooling' since a cherrypicked 1998, now shows warming since a cherrypicked 1999.

The trend is clear enough.

A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to wipe out most of the warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year's time. For all four sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.
www.dailytech.com...

Heh, so move the cherrypicking down to a single year period, lol. I like the 'wipe out 100 years of warming' bit...

They do know that the last year or so has been a La Nina? They compare Jan 07 to Jan 08, so I hope they decide to report the probable warming from Jan 08 to Jan 09...as it look like we already have warming of about 0.3'C for Jan 08 to Nov 08 for HadCRUT. That's almost half of 100 years of warming, lol.

Warming's back! Indeed, it looks like today is warmer than yesterday, no thermometer, just feels that way - I used the Melometer. So, I will make a very bold prediction...we will find warming from Nov 08 to Sep 09. I've actually measured the temps outside my house today and will compare!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by funny_pom

You just answered your question by yourself, thanks!

it was a rhetorical question, to give an introductory statement to what i was about to say, in response to your post.

Here be some notes from my Earth and Environmental Science class about the whole subject of cooling vs. warming:

basic ocean heat cycles

thermo-haline cycle

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
to hell with cooling...an increase in CO2, could cause suffucation, the amount of oxygen has been decreasing for some time. we need to reduce burning, that reduces oxygen.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

to hell with cooling...an increase in CO2, could cause suffucation

No - we wouldn't start noticing the effects of CO2 until it reached around 20% of the make-up of the atmosphere. At the moment, it only accounts for 0.03%. We couldn't actually burn enough fuel to get anywhere close.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
reply to post by jimmyx

to hell with cooling...an increase in CO2, could cause suffucation

No - we wouldn't start noticing the effects of CO2 until it reached around 20% of the make-up of the atmosphere. At the moment, it only accounts for 0.03%. We couldn't actually burn enough fuel to get anywhere close.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

You can't confuse the ignorant with facts...........99.99% of all atmo is NOT manmade CO2......a fact the ignorant refuse the see.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join