It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Proposal for an Autonomous State in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Having spent a few months reading several web forums, including ATS, it seems we have a group in the U.S. that feels it is persecuted by the media, local, state and federal governments; and the culture as a whole. These people think there is a giant conspiracy to punish them for their religious beliefs, turn their children into atheists and remove their religious ceremonies to back-rooms and secret meeting places. While polls show that they may actually be a majority in America, they prefer to see themselves as a persecuted minority. So a campaign needs to be started to carve out a multi-state area for them all to move to. They can then control the local governments and economies, fashion whatever type of educational system meets their needs,and best of all, control their local media! The only responsibility the federal government would have would be to handle international affairs for this entity. I propose we call this autonomous entity JESUSTAN. I don't see how this would fail to make everyone happy.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What happend to the idea of freedom of religion in the US? Its amazing, but I have seen that ideology has slowly degrade like rotting fruit on the kitchen table over the last 20 years.

Its a shame, and probably the founding fathers are not only turning in their graves, but shaking ther heads in shame too.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I agree. I also have seen this "persecution complex" in action. I lived in a small town in Florida where 3 out of 5 people went to one of the two Baptist churches; 100% of the school board and county commission came from the two churches, and the owner/CEO of the major employer was a deacon at one of the churches, yet they still claimed persecution. I have come to accept that it was simply their way of getting attention. As an aside, I found out that over half the public school teachers there lived outside of the district and most were either secular or catholic.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OWGNOW

Sarcasm ftw!! Me likey
If people on the far Right of this country would read the Constitution half as often as their Bible we'd all be better off.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by hawkeye1717]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkeye1717

It's not just the far right my friend, it's everyone.

Endless "compassion" as seen on the far left is just as bad and usually avoids the Constitution in the same ways.

Don't make it more partisan than it needs to be. Everybody needs to remind themselves what this country was founded on.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OWGNOW

LOL I love it! Jesustan! And then perhaps the people of Jesustan will split off into 2 or 3 factions because not all of them have EXACTLY the same beliefs and they can fight each other! Either over their religious beliefs or the imaginary lines on the surface of the earth!

And one of the factions will call on us (the ones that didn't join the Jesustan entity) to provide weapons and perhaps soldiers to fight off their evil enemy...

And pretty soon, we'll all be living in...

The Middle West!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, sadly that's the usual Modus Operandi.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Funny,

the same Christian fundamentalists, who ignore the first amendment, cry plaintive tears towards "them liberals" for "denying them" their second amendment rights

I vote in favour for changing the nation of "Jesustan" to "The hypocritical nation of self-righteous latter saints"

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What!?!?! It's not about religion! It's about LIBERTY! There should be an autonomous group, based on the ACLU, that encourages and DEFENDS Liberty by force! If that means that all of the freedom-loving people take over Washington State, Oregon State, California, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, N/S Dakota, Colorado, and Wyoming, and kick out all propoganda by the fascist elite, then THAT is what should happen!

I've just realized that this is not a Mason-Dixie line fight. It's a East-West fight, and the West was won by the strong hand of freedom-loving people, who WILL stand up against ANY tyranny, if so prompted.

The "East" being these fascists and the "West" being the libertarians!! The East is the "old" mindset, and the "west" is the NEW mindset, the mindset that man's most immense triumph was the triumph AGAINST the royal industrial militaries and their tyranny over other men.

VIVA LIBERTY! VIVA LIBERTY!! VIVA LIBERTY!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OWGNOW

Can't you just give them Texas? Might save a lot of hassle lol

The Second Line

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

????? It's about oil now. not religion. i thougth your post was pretty funny tho.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

LOL... The ACLU... They only defend freedoms that they agree with!

blog.aclu.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

????? It's about oil now. not religion. i thougth your post was pretty funny tho.

Sorry guys this is NO JOKE, a case just went to court Dec 17th on RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. Many US farmers and the Lakota Tribe have been discussing getting away from the US government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For today the state of Wisconsin at the behest of the USDA drags an Amish farmer named Emmanuel Miller to court for obeying his religious principles.

Perhaps this moment will begin to intimate how the USDA has been operating and why the head of the USDA has become not a political choice but actually life and death for American farmers.

Mr. Miller is due in court today, this Wed. Dec. 17th, at 3:00 pm, at the Clark County Court House, 517 Court St. Neillsville, WI, for his initial court appearance....

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It would actually be nice if only one group of people thought they were being persecuted, but sadly that's not the case. EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE, seems to be walking around with a chip on their shoulder, declaring that society or the man is riding their butts.

It would almost be funny if it weren't so tragic.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

It would actually be nice if only one group of people thought they were being persecuted, but sadly that's not the case. EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE, seems to be walking around with a chip on their shoulder, declaring that society or the man is riding their butts.

Perhaps that is because every time they turn around what they are doing is regulated or illegal. EVERYONE in the USA has broken laws or regs by the time they are in their twenties. In Ma it is illegal to put a store bought lettuce leaf in your compost pile!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OWGNOW
So a campaign needs to be started to carve out a multi-state area for them all to move to.

No. I don't think they value what they have here but the idea does have some merit. I propose giving them Antarctica instead. They deserve it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

It would almost be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Quite. Yet most persecuted persons that I've come across tend to immigrate to a country where they'll be allowed to live according to their wishes. Strangely enough, the Amish are quite content with riding their buggies and dressing in period costume. One doesn't hear demands for a portion of Pennsylvania so as to facilitate an Amish Republic in which they could practice Christian dairy farming unhindered.

I hear Paraguay has pretty lax immigration laws. A flood of Baptists would surely be welcome in easing the endemic corruption down there.

top topics

join