It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to wake up a hopeless sheeple: please help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Try to goad him into it by jeering at his manhood...tell him he's weak, tell him he is afraid to learn these new things because he would have to rethink his whole life plan/value system/self-assessment which would be hard, and the new world view would entail more work to do the next steps in...call him a female dog and a cat and a chicken...
Then he'll say "I ain't scared"
Then you say "Prove it to me by reading this"
Then he reads it
Then he says "So what"
Then you say "Tell me how and why what you just read is wrong"
If he can't prove it wrong, you say "Then why don't you act on this?"
OR
If he raises issues and objections with whatever propaganda/study-guide you have had him read, then that leads to other reading, pro and con, on that issue, and pretty soon the two of you are thinking critically and examining evidence together...
So, basically, call him names beforehand, reward him with love sex and praise when he goes in the direction you want...
(Don't women already know this, usually?)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Yay. Thank you for that. Why is it women try to remake their men into something other than what they are?

OP ... Hopefully you knew how your husband was before you got married, if not you should have... trying to remake him now is only going to make him resent you. But hey its your marriage, and if you really want to risk divorce... go ahead with your schemes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
guys are you classics. thanks for whole lot of recommendations and especially to XXXN3O, Kozmo, and Scientist, autowrench, & ex_misltech for saving me loads of googling.

But in regards to the following:

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Humm It's typical of a woman to try and change the man, maybe you should have checked out his literacy accomplishments before you decided to wed him... if it's that important of course.

Women

Darling, I have known him long enough to know that we are complete opposites in every way and i have no desire to change him whatsoever. This is an exercise to attempt to show someone i care about that one has to learn to read in between the lines especially when it comes to multinationals and the government. I remember running into people on ATS in August when a lot of members were not willing to tighten their purse strings only the premise that the government will fix it - and it was "she'll be right" attitude. This case is exactly the same... I am sure you know people like that too.

So wish me luck guys. hopefully i can atleast lead this sheeple (sherson ?) to water and encourage him to drink

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

oh come on. Is it wrong to try to open someone's eyes. As far as accusations of me trying to change my partner - as mentioned before i have no desire to. I know its my marriage and i just asked for material to inform a loved one.

But again, thanks for the input.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the singular form is "sherson"

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i wouldn't know if your significant-other is either 'hopeless' or a 'sheople'...

it may well be that he has screened all the world-view data that you hold dear, and he decided it was all sophisticated bunk...
but he's not going to try and change your mind on how you see the world around yourself.

being focused on other strategies, like cars & contemporary video gaming
while not getting engrossed in books...might be productive after all.

Obama (as the President-elect of the USA) while far removed from your Australian life circumstances, Obama has been successful in trying to structure his life experience after the character in the book "Stranger In A Strange Land"

electric cars:
'Volt" by GM, expected in 2010
"BYD" from China, due in 2009
'Hawk' concept car,
~google any one of those, & strike up a conversation,
your man is surely not 'clueless', nor as i could tell - a 'Sheeple'...

have a good time

<< 1   >>

join