It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprints Can Reveal Drug Use, Medical History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A careless touch could be all police or insurance companies need to determine not only your identity, but also your past drug use, if you've fired a gun or handled explosives, even specific medical conditions.

I can see this being used both for good and to intrude on privacy.
Kinda creey in a way that they can tell all of this information, from a single fingerprint.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
And of course the first drug mentioned was..

wait for it.....

Cannabis.

What a suprise. Pick on the most harmless of them all listed.
Of course this will be used more and more often 'for your own saftety'. Workplaces could become mine fields.

Thanks for the link OP.

And the defendant would never get a chance to use it against the crown prosecutor (or whatever) to be torn up by his own evidence, which you'd assume would be checked before being used. If not found in favour soon after sampling it would be a simple statement in the court room: 'we did not use the new fingerprint powder'.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Here in Tarrant County in Late 2003, I was in Tarrant County, Texas jail.They were the first to use Retina photos for identification and many prisoners balked and cried "Big Brother, I will never do that!" because at that time it was voluntary.
My argument to them was "the more Proof of my Identity, I have that is official reconized, the less likely of being set up or a mistake happens."
Here in the Dallas area there is a prosecuter who is well known across the nation letting people out of prison because previous DAs convicting them.So it is a major issue.The more tools law enforcment has the more officials can find the real criminals.
The danger of DNA and this new fingerprinting technique is: Once this becomes Indisputable, Will convictions become Automatic Without Trial because there will be No Need to waste "Taxpayers" money with a trial if the Evidence can be streamlined to cut costs.
Another danger is the potential for framing someone, Get their DNA and use it to implicate them.
The Forensics Labs over the country run into problems all the time.Houston is going through a major case where Thousands of convictions are being thrown out because of bad lab analysis.California is so backlogged with items to be tested in drug crimes they are getting thrown out before they can get to court because of Speedy trial Laws.Same thing in Colin County, TX just north of Dallas.

There is always a ripple effect in a Country governed by strict laws.Just like V does when he creates the V backdrop out of dominoes.....One thing leads to another.
There needs to be a Oversight

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Bruiex]

join