It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Team Delays Releasing Findings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Why would the president ellect want us not to know the real story about his association with Blagojefich?

Did you miss this part of your news story?

...at the request of federal investigators.

Didn't Bush appoint those?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
My take on it, (and I could be wrong) is that he does intend to release the information, but doesn't want to 'step on the toes' of federal investigators.

Releasing information during an ongoing investigation, could hurt that investigation.

My take is that they haven't figured out how to put a positive spin on what they have to release and/or they need more time for all o(bs)ama's people to get on the same page before going public.

Could not have said it better myself!! Don't you think they are getting weary
from all the "heroics" they have been performing in order to keep the public from finding out who Obama "really" is?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This Wall Street Journal Article Sheds a little bit more light on it.

While it confirms

In a written statement released by his office late Monday, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald confirmed that he asked for the delay, saying he wanted more time to conduct interviews.

"After the President-elect announced an internal transition team investigation, the United States Attorney's Office requested a brief delay of the release of a report of that investigation to conduct certain interviews," Mr. Fitzgerald said.

It goes on to say

But lawyers knowledgeable about such cases say Mr. Fitzgerald has no authority to compel the president-elect to stay silent on a matter that has clouded his transition and interfered with his policy messages.

"There is absolutely no legal impediment or injunction that Fitzgerald could put on them," said Stanley M. Brand, a Democratic lawyer with experience in such scandals. "They've decided not to talk."

Robert Luskin, a Washington white-collar defense lawyer who knows Mr. Fitzgerald well, said he doesn't doubt the prosecutor would have asked that Obama officials keep quiet until his investigation is further along. That is to prevent witnesses from tailoring their stories to what they learn others are saying. But, he said, Mr. Obama and his aides don't have to comply. They are using the prosecutor as a "fig leaf" to avoid answering questions just now, Mr. Luskin said. They could just as easily have decided that assuring the public about their actions is more important than acceding to the prosecutor's request.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Don't you think they are getting weary from all the "heroics" they have been performing in order to keep the public from finding out who Obama "really" is?

Oh, I know! He's the 44th president, got more votes than anyone in history and underneath his suave manufactured exterior, really looks like this!!!

No really. Really. And that's why we should be concerned.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How convenient!
Bury it!
Release the info during the busy Christmas time so that no one will notice.

Pay no attention to the self-probing man behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have this topic I think, well the story is very near the same and uses the same wordage here at this link...

My Thread

I guess they could be seen as different but they give the same info except the first paragraph is a bit different.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
How convenient!
Bury it!
Release the info during the busy Christmas time so that no one will notice.

Pay no attention to the self-probing man behind the curtain.

How convenient!
Don't read the article!
Release the info now while Blago can come up with a defense.

Pay no attention to the man running the investigation.

In a written statement released by his office late Monday, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald confirmed that he asked for the delay, saying he wanted more time to conduct interviews.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Article11

Don't you think they are getting weary from all the "heroics" they have been performing in order to keep the public from finding out who Obama "really" is?

Oh, I know! He's the 44th president, got more votes than anyone in history and underneath his suave manufactured exterior, really looks like this!!!

No really. Really. And that's why we should be concerned.

Do you have anything of real substance to add? We now know you are blind to anything your IDOL says or does!!

Name one accomplishment that Barry Husein O my messiah Obama has managed to achieve in his entire political career that elevates him to be POTUS???

Btw, as far as the picture, Obama would be so lucky to look like that!

Enjoyed your ignorant cheap shot!!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Name one accomplishment that Barry Husein O my messiah Obama has managed to achieve in his entire political career that elevates him to be POTUS???

Simple. He got more votes from American voters than anyone in history for the job.

Back at 'cha!

Do you have anything of real substance to add?

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Article11]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Btw, as far as the picture, Obama would be so lucky to look like that!

Enjoyed your ignorant cheap shot!!

Good, glad the irony wasn't lost on you.

Just imagine if some loser could hide on the Internet behind some hottie avatar and DEMAND the most popular and accomplished man in the Universe present his blood type for 'her' amusement.

How sad would that be?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Article11
Simple. He got more votes from American voters than anyone in history for the job.

Could you show me where again the American people vote for President and who was the last President to win because he had the most peoples votes?

If not this is ridiculous and misleading to say.

Ronald Reagan won the Biggest Election Margin ever in 1984 with over 520 Electoral College Votes. And since the Electoral College elects and not the Majority, hence a "Republic" and not a "Democracy" one must admit that Reagan has the largest Presidential Election margin ever.

I would have thought that all Americans understood this after 2000 when Al Gore got the most peoples votes but not the Electoral College votes and so he lost... (Well at least according to he way it is told, Florida aside my statement stands.)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Both are true.

Reagan got more votes from the rigged system made by slave and land owners, and your new President got more votes from American voters, and overcame the system.

I stand by my statement.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Article11

Overcame the system, are you insinuating that the Electoral College DID NOT ELECT Obama?

Are you seriously implying that the Popular vote, which is only taken for curiosity's sake and usually is not the REAL TOTAL as many mail in's aren't counted is the race isn't close enough, elected Obama?

I guess I am flabbergasted at such a notion as that but alas this is the shape the American People are in today when it comes to the Constitution, Civics, Law, Rights and the procedures of each...

No one even knows how our system works, how could they tell when it is broken?

I again say that I posted this OP's Post the day before at the link I provided. I won't be responding in this thread anymore...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Overcame the system, are you insinuating that the Electoral College DID NOT ELECT Obama?

No. It did. As you admitted it just takes many more Dems to get there than Rep's based on history.

Are you seriously implying that the Popular vote, which is only taken for curiosity's sake and usually is not the REAL TOTAL as many mail in's aren't counted is the race isn't close enough, elected Obama?

No, they decide the electoral college. Are YOU claiming they don't?

I guess I am flabbergasted...

I'm guessing that happens alot.

... at such a notion as that but alas this is the shape the American People are in today when it comes to the Constitution, Civics, Law, Rights and the procedures of each...

No one even knows how our system works, how could they tell when it is broken?

I again say that I posted this OP's Post the day before at the link I provided. I won't be responding in this thread anymore...

And I won't be reading your non-response as such. Thank you for giving up your voice. That choice is what America is all about. Good day and good bye.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hello "pot calling kettle"
Lol!!! Lol!!!
Please show me anything that says Obama is the most accomplished man in the universe?? Are you serious??

For the love of God, tell me what he has done? Not a damn thing!! Well with the exception of appointing his ole Chicago cronies to their new found "limelight" in his administration.

As for you calling me a loser?
I think you need to re-read your signature!! No believer I know behaves in that manner with perfect strangers.

People stoop to personal attacks when they've got nothing else to say. You have proven yourself in several of your post with other members.

Since your not capable of a decent debate, perhaps it would be best if you just move on.....permanently.

PS Glad you like my avatar. Thanks!!

[edit on 19-12-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hello "pot calling kettle"
Lol!!! Lol!!!
Please show me anything that says Obama is the most accomplished man in the universe?? Are you serious??

For the love of God, tell me what he has done? Not a damn thing!!

Got more votes than any human ever to run the free world...

And I'm guessing that's more than a few million more than you.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Since your not capable of a decent debate, perhaps it would be best if you just move on.....permanently.

You've asked the exact same question two or three times. I've given you definitive proof of what Obama has accomplished each time.

Perhaps since you can't read you should stick around.... permanently.

I like fodder.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

As for you calling me a loser?

WAIT! You mean this is YOU????

Just imagine if some loser could hide on the Internet behind some hottie avatar and DEMAND the most popular and accomplished man in the Universe present his blood type for 'her' amusement.

How sad would that be?

I. Had. No. Idea.

I'm sure there's a self help group for that.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join