It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in southern Sweden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I awoke with a shock this morning at 6:20am as we were experiencing a 4.7 magnitude earthquake, maybe this was what the web bot was predicting as my bowels certainly loosened.
Here is a link to the USGS page that reports this,

neic.usgs.gov...

Also it is my birthday today so i got this as a special treat.

Peace
Stuballs

[edit on 16-12-2008 by stuballs77]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i just posted this over on the eq prediction thread.

not sure if this is a bot hit or not. this is very rare, though not huge.

STOCKHOLM: An earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale hit southern Sweden early Tuesday, the Seismological Institute at Uppsala University
said, but no damage was immediately reported.

The quake, which hit at 6:20 am (0520 GMT), had its epicentre some 59 kilometres (36 miles) southeast of Sweden's third-largest city Malmoe, the institute said.

Media reports indicated the shock was felt throughout southern Sweden and northern Denmark, including the Danish capital Copenhagen, as buildings and homes shook but no damage was reported.

Earthquakes of this magnitude are rare in Scandinavia.

"For Sweden this is a very big quake," Reynar Boedvarsson of the Seismological Institute told Swedish news agency TT.

"It's not dangerous for people but there may be cracks in building constructions," he said.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

now, this may not be it. however, with this being rare and they were calling for two quakes, one smaller than the other. maybe they picked this one up as the smaller one because of how rare it was. that was the biggest quake in 104 years.

or, maybe they completely failed. take it for what its worth. but im keeping my eyes open.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by perficio7]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stuballs77

Happy B-day! At least you'll remember this one for the rest of your life

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
happy birthday!

this year witnessed more earthquakes than ever, maybe the earth cellphone was altered to the mode of vibration.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
happy B-day

don't remember having a lot of eq in sweden!
they're not very common in that region are they?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GondelleX

No this is the most powerful one since 1904 and i believe the last noticeable one since the 80's. But please star and flag as i think it is more than a coincidence with the predictions

thanks
Stuballs

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wrong, its the most powerful one since 1986. Get your facts right and it was a 4.2..4.3.

top topics

join