It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Jealous of the United States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
And in my 40 years I can honestly say I've never felt this way before ... usually I kind of laugh and point at you guys and I know I'm not alone in that ...

But now my eyes have turned from dark brown to bright green!

You've all got Barack Obama.

I think you all don't know how lucky you really are.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Conspiracy theories aside...

We need someone to look up to. Barack Obama is that person.

Right now I'm putting all of my conspiratorial thoughts against the Government away in the back of my head for now and I'm supporting my next President.

Why?

I want our country to progress forward. For the last 8 years we've shown the world our angry side, and, now we get a chance to show the world with our intellectual side with Obama... and I really DO want Obama to advance his agenda. I hope his agenda will be for the benefit of society as a whole.

I am looking forward to the next 8 years.

During the last 7 years or so I was asleep. It was like I was in a trance. I got fed up with the world. Right now I feel like it's my time to show my support for the nation... not to be a sheep... but I want to prove to the world that our nation can still be the leader of the world, and, in a positive way that will help inspire others to follow us.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

i guess that's the most you guys can do right? you've been a bit let down in the past so you're reluctant to have a lot of faith in any one or thing?

but you know ... just in case you all don't want him. we'll have him!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
and i did hear you was all up for sale.

how much for barack?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

He's NOT for sale!

Barack Obama is not for sale to anyone... not the Russians... not to the Europeans... not to China... we aren't selling him to anyone. He belongs to us!

Maybe you'll get your own Obama someday. Who knows? Anything can happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think many here in America have very high hopes for President elect Barack, myself included.

He seems to have a true interest in making this a better country, or at least he is telling me the lies that I want to believe.

What is it that is making your eyes green? (seriously)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

all we've got is a donkey and look what the UK has ... that brown dude ... pfff!

we want your president elect ... come on ... don't pretend there's not a price on his head. what is it? we'll pay it!

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I think it may be a little premature to proclaim how lucky Americans are. He hasn't done anything yet. What about him makes you feel the U.S. is so fortunate?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
I think many here in America have very high hopes for President elect Barack, myself included.

He seems to have a true interest in making this a better country, or at least he is telling me the lies that I want to believe.

What is it that is making your eyes green? (seriously)

the fact that you don't believe him or have much faith in him.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

I think it may be a little premature to proclaim how lucky Americans are. He hasn't done anything yet. What about him makes you feel the U.S. is so fortunate?

just the fact that you have him.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Call me pessimistic but i dont think he can or will be the great hope many expect.I reckon he will be like Clinton so charming and suave while he gooses you with a smile on his face.I hope im wrong.
What have you got against John raine?Got to give him credit for moving fast.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Maybe you'll get your own Obama someday. Who knows? Anything can happen.

Did I miss something? Her own Obama? Why would anyone want an Obama? Im not trashing him im just wondering what you all are basing your opinions on.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Call me pessimistic but i dont think he can or will be the great hope many expect.I reckon he will be like Clinton so charming and suave while he gooses you with a smile on his face.I hope im wrong.
What have you got against John raine?Got to give him credit for moving fast.

john mccain?

nothing.

nothing at all. in fact he seems like a nice guy and genuine too. he backs obama now and is going to endevour to support him. he isn't backing sarah palin at the moment but oh well ... that's politics, lol.

link   
reply to post by harvib

I'd say we're quite lucky to be rid of Bush and not have Sarah Palin as VP.

+15 more 
link   
reply to post by deepred

She means her eyes are turning from brown to green with ENVY.
I cant wait for a couple of years to go by so you delusional people can see that his campaign promises were a lie, just like they are all lies.
Im not a cynic and im not pissed because he be beat Mccain, who was just another lying politician, who would have been no better as a choice.
What gets me is for decades, these politicians have been telling the same lies to get elected and for decades most people here go through the same political amnesia and, forgetting that you were lied to during the last election and prepare yourselves for another campaign full of all new/ some old lies to believe in.

Trust me, your savior is going to let you down and he will just off as another ho-hum puppet leader and his only claim to fame will be being the first black man elected.

This country is unable to elect a leader with the strength, honesty and integrity that used to and the cause for that is either something else bigger than that office is calling the shots, or stupidity.
Which one is the cause though? thats a tough one, considering they are both very plausible.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
No John Key silly.Haha my bad i shouldnt assume people can recognise my Kiwi accent on here.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you know, I can't believe I will be saying this, but every leader serves their purpose for the country they reside over. I know Bush was a HUGE eye opener to many ppl here and in that, since we can't go back and change things, made ppl a lot more aware of the influence this country has on the world.

Ultimately, knowlege is the key and to gain that sometimes comes at a price. We paid that price, although, I don't think we are finished paying for it. Let's not forget Hitler's popularity. I am not comparing our president elect to Hitler, but rather saying that we don't know what will be brought forth from this yet.

I trust that things are as they should be and he has done nothing yet to make me believe or not believe in his ability to run this country in the right direction.

Jealousy does no good for those of us living in this country. Empty flatteries will neither testify to his abilities nor take away from them. You are jumping the gun here and you need to focus on what your people are learning from who is in charge on your side of the planet and just offer up prayer for us as much as you can.... we need it, as does the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

ahh ... but he's not my saviour is he?
he doesn't even live in my country!
i don't even need saving, lol!

he's just somebody i believe in ...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

i totally agree- all politicians do is lie to you to get elected and take their huge salary that OUR tax dollars pay for. obama IS NOT a godsend he will slowly take away our rights- such as guns- which clinton tried to do- who was another smiling face jerkoff. how many presidents have actually been impeached? 2 and clinton was 1. not convicted tho- he even lied straight faced to the public about it. i trust a politician as much as i do being locked in a cage with a starving grizzly bear

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
reply to post by Kr0n0s

i totally agree- all politicians do is lie to you to get elected and take their huge salary that OUR tax dollars pay for. obama IS NOT a godsend he will slowly take away our rights- such as guns- which clinton tried to do- who was another smiling face jerkoff. how many presidents have actually been impeached? 2 and clinton was 1. not convicted tho- he even lied straight faced to the public about it. i trust a politician as much as i do being locked in a cage with a starving grizzly bear

if you don't want him ... send him over to my country. we'll take him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join