It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Sonic Unleashed getting really low review scores?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I got it for the 360 a while ago and I really like it so far. It's arguably the best 3D Sonic ever and that's coming from an old school Sonic fan myself. I can't begin to understand what the reason that professional critics are giving the game really low scores. Most professional reviewers don't give this game above a 6/10.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What is in it that you can't do in any other game?

From what I can tell it's all just a big gimmick, no offence to fans but it's just my opinian.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
all games since the new-gen's have come out have been the same
all flash , no fun
There all either FPS's or Gimmicks
the only enjoyable games ive played this year is MGS4 and fifa (and ive been playing fifa for 10 years)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.escapistmagazine.com...

i think he explains his reasons for disliking this game pretty well

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I haven't played the game yet, though I played the hell out of old school sonic. I won't be checking it out simply because.... the lame gimmick. I mean a werehog, c'mon who ever thought of that idea should be taken out back and castrated.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ivzm

All of the reviewers who hate this game just point out camera problems and the Werehog for reasons not to like this game. But this game plays really well and it's the reviewers own fault for not knowing how to use the analogue stick to control the camera. Most of the times reviewers just complain about the responsiveness of Sonic and it isn't really that bad. Plus, werehog stages are pretty fun.

Hardcore gamer magazine liked it for the same reason I did... here is what they said and I agreed with it.

"Sonic Unleashed is a glorious return to true console form for Sonic. It is most certainly not the return that its most vocal fanbase was clamoring for, but oddly enough, it ends up being something better than that. Instead of the same old same old, Unleashed treads new, refreshing ground while respecting Sonic's roots at best..."

www.n4g.com...

They gave it a 4.5/5 yet the other reviewers only give it an average score. This so far is the only review I agree with. I ask again, why is this game getting so low review scores? Gamespot gave the game a 3.5 out of 10 and this game is Sonic going back to hsi roots. I don't see how you could dislike it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I ask again, why is this game getting so low review scores?

And i'll ask again, what can you do in it that you can't do in any other game???

I love the Zero Punctuation reviews. As crude as he is (which doesn't bother me in the slightest) he is always bang on the money.
Just watch it and you'll see why it gets bad reviews.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

It does get some good reviews. What does it do that no other game does?

It's faster than any other game out there. It has the speed element that other games don't. It also combines difficulty with the fast pace of the game and it doesn't let you just run through the levels.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Does it have a speed element that compares to Burnout Paradise?
That has some speed in it, plus you have to use your mind to plot your routes and be constantly aware of everything around you.

Zelda has done the were wolf thing pretty well so thats nothing new and every other Sonic game has probably touched alot of the other ground.

Why does he have stretchy arms weres the logic in that?

Now if he had a range of transformations that would work alot better for me.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

In the zero punctuation review he never said anything about the camera or sonic being unresponsive. In future I suggest you watch a video before you rebut to it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to www.belowtopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">post by ivzm

I'm talking about all of the interviews that give the Sonic Unleashed game a low score. Not just that particular one. It seemed like a lot of reviewers disliked the game for the same reasons and silly ones at that.

top topics

join