It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS supermod conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Did anyone just see the tread about christmas trees in a debate? I've had 1 or 2 threads much nearer to a conspiracy moved to BTS and that tripe gets to stay on ATS? what's that all about?

i got fined a 1,000 points for telling someone to piss off but detritus like that is ok huh?

i see how it is. have fun talking about xmas trees with your little chumies.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't see how a christmas tree could be all that much of a conspiracy theory... unless they were sprayed with Anthrax or something...

erm... try linking the BTS thread... maybe that will shed light...

and...erm... typically calling out the mods/supermods on something trivial, but in a rather public manner such as this... doesn't lead to happy times mate...

let me know how that works out for ya

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
they're big boys. and uh... girls? i guess.

they can handle it. what with all that power over the ban button.

whoo whoo

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

The debate forum takes on lighter topics for the holiday skirmishes. We tackle many serious topics throughout the year and the skirmishes allow us to blow of a little steam. Though even if you go through and read these "lighter" debates a conspiracy angle usually surfaces within a couple of posts.

If we were to discuss these christmas debate topics on the open forums they would surely be more appropriate for BTS.

No big conspiracy here, we're just having some fun. You are welcome and encouraged to join the debate forum at any time.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe you should know this..

As a member, I was given a title writer.. And I have been back into a cornor becasue I mispell a word from time to time..
These guys have a job to do.. If you cross the line you pay the cost.

These mods, and super mods put up with alot from members, and others.
Such as your a mod!!! Your not allowed to be human in any way!
You must be perfect!!!

These guys are humans too.. remember that.. And try to understand..
Im sure they are not gunning you down, or picking on you..
Its a big site.. And well.. Its not easy job being a mod.
These guys from what I know are not even being paided to do this for us.

Its never easy being in a place of power.. And being assulted becasue you have a personal feeling or a personal thought..

But those in power.. Should always know.. Not to abuse that.
And if you feel you are being abused.. the public forum is not the place to express those feelings..
But then again its up to you.. Good luck with all that..

ducks out fast..
Ive learned not to make to many waves here... We all get passionate about many things.. We are again.. human after all.. Even Supermods.
They are not superhuman, or superheros/herions..
All but Worldwatcher.. now she is a superbabe!!! hehe out of this world.. Winnk

[edit on 16-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I would point out that I'm not a SuperMod, or even a Mod.

But I am enjoying my Christmas tree debate very much, thanks

You might also be interested in checking out the rest of the Holiday Skirmishes although there are in fact supermods in some of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What S-Dog and ADB said. Typically the debates are on much more serious issues but it was generally agreed by the 'Fighters' in the Debate forum to do 'lighter' topics revolving around the Christmas season. All of the Holiday Skirmishes, which is what they are called, are done like that on purpose and in the name of Christmas fun.

Sorry it's a sore spot with you.

And just as a side note, I think Oscitate and ADB are doing a great job and making it very entertaining, as it is meant to be. So there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
These mods, and super mods put up with alot from members, and others.
Such as your a mod!!! Your not allowed to be human in any way!
You must be perfect!!!

These guys are humans too.

Are we sure these guys are human?

I have some convincing evidence that they are really mutants, bred specifically for the purpose of modding by Skeptic Overlord and Springer...

Do you think that Intrepid's avatar is just any random drawing? :-o

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

heheh you know whats uncanny.. I helped him with that avatar..
Just ask him about it.. I worked on that avatar for him.. NO joke..

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Are we sure these guys are human?

Exhibit A:

Source

Soon after creating this avatar image, the member in question was made a Forum Subject Matter Expert, and subsequently promoted to Moderator.

Today, this moderator may be found, quite often, in the ATS Debates Forum, where he is in fact one of the creators of these so-called "Holiday Skirmishes".

Coincidence?!?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
i got fined a 1,000 points for telling someone to piss off .....

Oh dear.

See what you've written above? Well you hit the nail on the head with it.

A light hearted debate about christmas trees isn't being insulting to another member, is it?

This is ATS, not the comments section of Youtube.

Here, as is pointed out time after time after time Courtesy is Mandatory.

If you attack/insult other members, then you break the Terms and Conditions.

Simple as that. No conspiracy there. No bias. You agreed to abide by the T&C when you signed up. See this bit here? I'll bold the relevant part just so its clear

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

As has been pointed out, by the staff many times in other posts YOU are responsible for your posts

So...in summary, if you want to insult people, Youtube comments is probably the place to be (although I hear they are starting to crack down on stuff as well).

If you want civilised conversation, then ATS is the place to be.

And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for ya.....

Merry Christmas

(and to those folks who think we're not human, my central programming says I am, but I have no memory before 2005, and I can't leave this room for some reason.... ...... does not compute........)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Mozzy
i got fined a 1,000 points for telling someone to piss off .....

Oh dear.

See what you've written above? Well you hit the nail on the head with it.

A light hearted debate about christmas trees isn't being insulting to another member, is it?

This is ATS, not the comments section of Youtube.

Here, as is pointed out time after time after time Courtesy is Mandatory.

If you attack/insult other members, then you break the Terms and Conditions.

Simple as that. No conspiracy there. No bias. You agreed to abide by the T&C when you signed up. See this bit here? I'll bold the relevant part just so its clear

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

As has been pointed out, by the staff many times in other posts YOU are responsible for your posts

So...in summary, if you want to insult people, Youtube comments is probably the place to be (although I hear they are starting to crack down on stuff as well).

If you want civilised conversation, then ATS is the place to be.

And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for ya.....

Merry Christmas

(and to those folks who think we're not human, my central programming says I am, but I have no memory before 2005, and I can't leave this room for some reason.... ...... does not compute........)

That's all very well and good, however what about freedom of speech huh?

IMO people have the RIGHT to say what they wish regardless of oppressive little TOC.

Whether what a member says is morally right or wrong, it's up to them, as for the other members if you don't like is being said you don't have to take it to heart right?

typical though, you get banned/hushed up if a mod doesn't like what you say. It is an abusive form of power.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackMumba
IMO people have the RIGHT to say what they wish regardless of oppressive little TOC.

Have you considered buying a domain name, renting some servers, and starting your own website where this is true?

Because it is not true here – we agree to abide by the T&C when we sign up, and most of us are grateful for them, since they keep this site from deteriorating into an all-out flamewar.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

When you signed up to ATS you agreed to the Terms and Conditions.

ATS is a private forum, not a public institution. There is a difference.

By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you are bound by them. Simple as that.

And no - no one has the right to be abusive to anyone.

There may be sites out there that allow that kind of thing, but ATS doesn't.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
For the record, my detritus is among the best in the world.... though Memoryshock's is apparently better... at least until I get back to my old habbit of beating him on a regular basis.

Oh, and PS, take this or leave this as friendly advice from a member who's been here for almost 5 years (and in all honestly probably became a mod because of some kind of clerical error) but when you have a beef with the staff, a U2U or a complaint often gets very good results compared to slagging ATS in public. Honey and Vinegar and all that.

U2U me if you need something, seriously. If something's wrong there's more than a couple of us who will go to bat to get it fixed. Just keep a cool head and assume that we're rational human beings until you have evidence to the contrary.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

When you signed up to ATS you agreed to the Terms and Conditions.

ATS is a private forum, not a public institution. There is a difference.

By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you are bound by them. Simple as that.

And no - no one has the right to be abusive to anyone.

There may be sites out there that allow that kind of thing, but ATS doesn't.

Fair enough, but I clicked a button that said "Yes" or "Agree" doesn't mean everyone who clicks this agrees with the TOC in fact you will find lots of people who don't

IMO I have the right to free speech no matter what board I am on

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackMumba

Dude, if it's been said once it's been said a thousand times. This is a virtual place of business- it is private property. Simon, SO, and Springer do not have to invite ANYONE into it if they do not choose.

The SCOTUS has ruled time and time again that there is no violation of rights if you may reasonably choose not to take part in an activity which includes as a prerequisite additional regulation of your conduct.

So yeah, you've got free speech. Say what you want. That is your indisputable right. Just as it is the indisputable right of the owners of this site to make you leave their property for any reason they might see fit.

If you want to come into my house, you should be friendly to me, or at least not offend me. If you want to come onto ATS, don't offend against the minimal and reasonable rules set by the owners.

It's a member-driven community. You're a member. All things being equal, we'd prefer to have you here. But there are limits. Incredibly reasonable limits by comparison to what you will find at competing sites, I can assure you. If you went into a court room and said the things that our members and our staff say on a daily basis, you'd be in danger of being found insane. We say no harm no foul. We're good people and we don't push any one point of view or way of life or anything else on anyone. All we ask is don't poison the experience for others. Is that wrong?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
reply to post by BlackMumba

Dude, if it's been said once it's been said a thousand times. This is a virtual place of business- it is private property. Simon, SO, and Springer do not have to invite ANYONE into it if they do not choose.

The SCOTUS has ruled time and time again that there is no violation of rights if you may reasonably choose not to take part in an activity which includes as a prerequisite additional regulation of your conduct.

So yeah, you've got free speech. Say what you want. That is your indisputable right. Just as it is the indisputable right of the owners of this site to make you leave their property for any reason they might see fit.

If you want to come into my house, you should be friendly to me, or at least not offend me. If you want to come onto ATS, don't offend against the minimal and reasonable rules set by the owners.

It's a member-driven community. You're a member. All things being equal, we'd prefer to have you here. But there are limits. Incredibly reasonable limits by comparison to what you will find at competing sites, I can assure you. If you went into a court room and said the things that our members and our staff say on a daily basis, you'd be in danger of being found insane. We say no harm no foul. We're good people and we don't push any one point of view or way of life or anything else on anyone. All we ask is don't poison the experience for others. Is that wrong?

Exactly, virtual being the operative word here.

I respect your opinion , however I do not agree with all of it.

And excuse me! I have seen countless people being offended and being offensive here , however I guess there is one rule for some and a different rule for others.

I don't condone abuse but I won't be told I cannot have free speech when I see fit.

If people don't like my opinion then that's too bad, that's not my problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If our evil and hypocrisy becomes too much for you, there's a fool-proof cure in the upper-right corner of your screen. All I can tell you is that 99% of us seem to enjoy this place and not have too much trouble with the rules. Then there's you. Analyze the problem and take the action you deem appropriate.

new topics

top topics

join