It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator Series - Drones - Isaac/Abraham?? What the?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just finished watching The Terminator - The Sarah Conner Chronicles series and they had a giant drone bomb drop. The seem to quote from the Isaac website quite literally except they substituted Isaac for Abraham and some of the info was changed. Allot of the drone images were shown along with symbols etc... SPOILER ALERT: They even showed a hovering drone at the end that looks remarkably similar.

I don't have any pictures yet to show of the series.

Could this be where all the hype for the Isaac Drone saga came from or are their writers running out of material and pulling a "Alienware notebook" drone ripoff?

Is this finally the end of the yellow brick road for CARET drones?
Anyone got any info?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
*Personally I think they adapted the information and wove it into the story line to garner additional ratings from the UFO community.*

I have looked into other posts and no one seems to be talking much about it. Fans appear to not appreciate the UFO injection and think it's a bogus series story plot. Which leads me to my conclusion above.

I think that the creators for TSCC will either:
Issue a press release stating that the information was adapted and not original. - OR - not say anything and allow for people to indulge themselves thus boosting their ratings. (This will lead people into frustration because if the information was not generated by them then this leads nowhere and TSCC cannot give satisfaction for this.)

Effect if the creators of TSCC allows for people to indulge:
1. People and fans alike will get pissed off enough to ask the PR reps for TSCC to issue a statement because UFO believers will not stand for this kind of BS thus losing a fan base & ratings.

2. The creators of TSCC will be forced to release a statement for their "adaptation" of this information - OR - admit to the generation of this viral marketing and give a sense of conclusion by means of story telling and/or contest-clue based information.

We have been through viral TV series marketing before with the Lost series. However people know it's about Lost and therefore have a loyalty to it and enjoy the process. If TSCC generated this information and does nothing about it then it will be a marketing blunder of gigantic proportions. Some people may feel taken advantage of and not appreciate their marketing tactics. Especially the UFO community at large. There are actual people doing actual investigations (as reported on CNN, Coast to Coast, Eathfiles, etc...) unless they paid for these retired cops / news places to do an investigation (which is still messed up) or they have garnered more attention than they bargained for (I am sure the PR reps for TSCC are eating this up but either way the outcome will be bad news).

I look forward to see what comes of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I thought it a strange episode myself, but I must admit that I love the show,and the Terminator films too, and somewhat see them as a precursor to a real robot army in the near future, controlled by an orbiting computer system called the B.E.A.S.T. and folks, I believe it to be in orbit right now, though probably not fully on line. Has anyone heard of the guy who built himself a robot girlfriend? Robotic soldiers cannot be that far off base with current technology available to the military, both on budget and black project.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Discussion on the subject is Here

Please add to that.

Thanks

Closed.

top topics

join