It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy is finally getting better.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just look at the news. Stocks plummeting, banks failing, auto industry going out of business, revelation of corruption, and everything else that is to come. Bailouts will only prolong it for few months.

Did you think I was giving you some good news????

Actually I was.

What has been happening since the industrialized revolution is not really the economy. It is basically a system that is based on greed, corruption, consumption, pollution of the environment that we are so much depended on, and all the other wall-mart and advertisement based ideals that have been tainting our collective subconsciousness for decades. It is nothing but a scheme that truly profits nobody and only gives a false sense of well being. The proof is all around you.

Did the auto industry really think that releasing new models every year will work forever? Well, it did, up until recently.
The real estate industry has been making double the profits on interest alone. A 100,000 dollar house would cost triple that money if someone was to pay for it in the time of the loan agreement. If I loaned you 5 bucks, would it be fair of me to ask 15 bucks back?
Why did we let our selves fall for this for such a long time?
The good news is that we are stopping the cycle as evident.

Yes, it will effect many of us who need to support our families. It is not going to be pretty, but I do believe that in the long run it will work out in the ways that will benefit everyone including our natural environment. We have come to the point of no return and the only solution is to create the system that is the complete opposite of the previous one and the only way to do that is through the knowledge that has been suppressed from our view by those in power who live with their heads up their behinds. When the money runs out, their heads will pop right back into their place.

Let's not forget the true meaning of the word "economy". The impression that TV gives us of what economy means is completely different of what it actually is. Economy is not how much money there is in stocks, or how many cars have one company sold this year. Economy means how well we coexist with others and how wisely we use all the resources that this planet has offered to us. So far we have failed this notion considering all that has been done by looking with our eyes closed by greed, corruption, and complete ignorance of what our actions may create.

This is a perfect opportunity for us to realize that anything we do effects everything around us and that this planet is a small place where we all can thrive if only we knew that we are all in this together. Knowledge is the key, and we need not look any further then within our selves. All you have to do is think a bit clearer and not let ignorance rule our conciseness as our mainstream media has been successful at doing for years.

In other words, let's redefine what the word "Economy" really stands for.

Thank you for reading my ramblings.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by midiola]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think what is going on here is that the 'economy' is 'renormalizing' or being 'refactored' to reflect the true value of its worth. Some of it is obvious to see- prices are dropping. Unfortunately the values are dropping but the currency isn't being altered accordingly.
I had a discussion with my mother a few years before she died, where she was reminscing the old days when fuel was 5 cents a gallon, cars were a few thousand dollars at most, houses were in the low tens-of-thousands of dollars... and she was saying how much easier things were then. Then I asked how much my father made and her reply was about 11,000 a year. I grabbed the calculator and popped in some math and showed here that relatively speaking, things were no easier then than now. The cost of living, proportionate to income, was nearly the same then as now.
What I see is that the cost of things go up due to what could be called a result of greed. And then wages go up in order to allow people to maintain the same standard of living. This then causes prices to rise since it causes increased expense to producers... repeat ad infinitum. Since every economic entity in the world does not use the same standards of living and currency, this causes imbalances elsewhere which react similarly, ultimately resulting in a domino effect around the world. Eventually, a point is reached where people start questioning this and the system breaks.

Now... back to the 'renormalization'. If the USA normalizes its economy it puts her people at a disadvantage first. This ends up with the rest of the world at a disadvantage as well. Once they adjust, the USA and her people will be on top having been amongst the first to readjust and acclimatize. We'll once again have buying power.

But what's the point?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by midiola

What tis the economy? I can liken it to a specific way of thinking; as an allegory:

www.break.com...

So, yeah, the economy was sort of a great idea, like going off of a ramp onto a landing with a unicycle, until you realize you fell short, and you scream before impact. So, yes, We should call the economy "that-one-unicycle-crash-where-that-one-guy-screamed-before-impact-and-was-never-the-same".

Fitting, yes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

The thing is, most of the world is used to hardship. Are you?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by midiola

You are correct that it is a system built on greed and corruption. I don't share your belief that we will come out of this with some sort of improved system. The thing is that the same people who have created this broken system that we are in now are the people who will be creating whatever new system we end up in. Whatever new system we end up in will still be based on greed, corruption and exploitation. It may be a new package, but it will be the same crap.

There is a reason that "We the people" are referred to as "consumers". Because that is all we are good for. Consume as much as possible so that the wealthy can continue the charade. If we stop consuming, they will just change the rules to absorb our money in another manner. Perhaps a "green" economy based off of carbon credits.

Who knows what is coming next? I don't, but I am certain that it won't be anything beneficial for the average person. The wealthy will still be making money off of the exploitation of everyone else. We will still be slaves.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Now... back to the 'renormalization'. If the USA normalizes its economy it puts her people at a disadvantage first. This ends up with the rest of the world at a disadvantage as well. Once they adjust, the USA and her people will be on top having been amongst the first to readjust and acclimatize. We'll once again have buying power.

I disagree.
Other economies will be affected by the failure of the dollar but most of them will recover first.

The dollar will no longer be the world standard currency.

We will actually have to create a viable economy without being able to print out trillions of fake bills that other countries will buy.

We will have the same limitation that the rest of the world was dealing with all along.

We will have to create new industries and rebuild the ones that have been abandoned and sent overseas.

We will have to do it with a currency that is next to worthless.

Nobody will lend us the money to rebuild but they will call in all of their markers and buy us out wholesale while the dollar is pitifully cheap.

It will not be fast for us. It will be slow and painful.

By the way renormalization is a fancy word for "your cash is useless and nobody trusts it"

We're sitting on the biggest bubble in history and that bubble is the dollar.
When it pops, we've got a long way to fall.

The OP is right.
The sooner it happens the better off we'll be.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, you would have been right in the time of depression or what happened during the 70's or 80's times, but today people are a lot more aware of what is happening. The internet is one of those awareness factors and we no longer have to rely just on TV or radio, and besides, the messy weather on planet earth kind of gives us an idea that we need to make a big change in order to survive.

I believe that today we are faced with something completely different and every mistake that we make will have a lot more meaning then before, because let's face it, the population is at its largest and the supplies that we are used to are disappearing. People all over the world are cornered and the only reaction that we have left to use is our good common sense because we haven't been in control of government, big corporations, war machines, and mainstream media. They will try to stop us, but today, ordinary persons self esteem seems to have risen to a higher plane of conciseness.

For example, if the use of hemp for industrial purposes was legalized, it would make a huge difference in a lot of aspects of our daily life. There is a reason why George Washington grew his own. www.hempmuseum.org... , OR do your own research on the matter. Also take into consideration its medicinal purposes and some other aspects. There is a big reason why it is made illegal for no good reason at all. Again, do your own research.

I am by no means an economic expert, but there is a lot more we can do to make this place a better environment for everyone and it's right in front of our noses. All we have to do is take a second and focus on what really matters to our well being.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by midiola]

[edit on 16-12-2008 by midiola]

new topics

top topics

join