It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed predictions: George Bush, Martial Law, Election Canceled, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't want to call out anyone specifically but there were quite a few threads over the past year - even before I began posting and when I simply lurked the boards - that again and again predicted the following:

1) George Bush would declare martial law
2) The elections would be canceled or something would happen to stop them

Of course, neither happened. Then the next round of predictions proclaimed if the above happened that electors would be stop from putting their votes in. The electors casted their ballot today, and nothing happened.

The final predictions I remember reading proclaimed that Obama would not be allowed to be sworn in. January 20 is still a ways away, but I am 100% confident that he will become the next President of the United States.

These are just a small set of failed political predictions, but they are relevant nonetheless. I hope in 4 more years the same people who made these predictions will NOT try to do the same again.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Unfortunately...

Predictions have been, are and will continue as normal.

Its entertainment, its ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
yes i haven't been here long but it seems like forever when so many are prophesizing so much doom and gloom that doesn't come about.

i like ats n all and i've tried to ask questions to get a bit of clarification etc ... but i'm beginning to think a lot of ats members are just full of it.

*shrug*

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You just had to do it. You just couldn't keep this under wraps. You just had to go and tell people... I told you so. You just had to express yourself and tell people that you were right and they were wrong. No way could you let it slip by without mentioning it. Who do you think you are? The only problem I have with all of this is that I didn't beat you to it.

Betcha those folks wish you wouldn't have brought this up. Now it will be harder for them to predict future events knowing that they were wrong about past events.

Good one.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The $50 oil and Great Depression 2 were not failures, though.

International war is another one I think will happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If one keeps predicting, something will happen as predicted and then those prophets will say see "I told you..." lmao

Have fun...I do

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
LOL...you are pretty couragous to post this especially since Junior is yet to leave office. And its not like the pres. elect is going to be any better FFS.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

It is the writing on the wall that we humans observe upon. We will do it again, and people will be as fearful as before, with good reason.

That aside, I do think Bush not letting the Obama family to move-in early is a sign of a imminent terrorist attack upon this country. Mark my words, it will happen.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You're wrong...

The truth is...ALL OF THESE PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE!!!

Just in other world lines

Titor seemed to be the smartest "predictor" out there by leaving himself a clever "out" with the world line crap...this kinda thing makes me LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
One can never predict anything with certainty - many of these things are possibilities, some quite likely, some not -- occasionally some will happen and shock the world.

The point ?

When people are making predictions they are saying - "I see a possibility or probability that...." and many times things do happen, but very often not quite at the time anticipated, or with an unexpected twist... In fact like a lot of things – they always happens late ! - even conspiracy is badly managed !

We live in some of the "Most interesting" times in history - think about it - almost anything could happen in the next year, and I could guess at probabilities of them happening, and of course some are mutually exclusive, so not all could ever be right.

What is useful, is to hear different interpretation of events and what they may mean - and if the unexpected happens - we are not over surprised and able to deal with it and adapt and survive, whilst others run around screaming...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Watch this video... I think it will make alot of sense...

2012 Short Fiction: The Day The World Didn't End

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Do you have any links to anyone predicting $50 oil? I saw a lot of threads of people predicting $200 and $300 oil.

Also, unless I missed something and we are at 25% unemployment and bread lines are forming outside all the packed malls where people are dropping thousands on Christmas shopping and then getting in line for bread, the Great Depression 2 isn't here either.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Originally posted by eldard

Do you have any links to anyone predicting $50 oil? I saw a lot of threads of people predicting $200 and $300 oil.

Lindsey Williams predicted it 8 months ago or so on the Alex Jones channel. You can go listen to the interview. He claims he has New World Order insider contacts

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My favorite was the one about Bush declaring himself the permanent Dictator.

Heck there are some people that still believe that.

It almost seems to me that conspiracies are now dead, ...long live conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Also, unless I missed something and we are at 25% unemployment and bread lines are forming outside all the packed malls where people are dropping thousands on Christmas shopping and then getting in line for bread, the Great Depression 2 isn't here either.

You're obviously not shopping in the same malls as I am. I took my daughter shopping for a dress last night, which is usually a shopping night, and the mall was nearly deserted. I don't recall any time ever less than two weeks before Christmas with shopping malls similarly deserted.

top topics

join