It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Above Top Secret website a CIA front???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Increasingly, word is circulating around the Internet that the ATS website like so many other conspiracy websites, is a CIA front established for the purpose of gathering information about the people. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I remember hearing that AOL was partly funded by the CIA for the same purpose, information gathering. Well, you can believe what you want. I myself, just don't know, but I think that I'll be careful about what I say in the future.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Eljay]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, their budget is supposed to be public, see if you can find any info on them spending on ATS! If it is a front, though, it sure is a fun one! Let's see if this thread gets deleted...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eljay
Increasingly, word is circulating around the Internet that the ATS website like so many other conspiracy websites, is a CIA front established for the purpose of gathering information about the people. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I remember hearing that AOL was partly funded by the CIA for the same purpose, information gathering. Well, you can believe what you want. I myself, just don't know, but I think that I'll be careful about what I say in the future.

Thats all I have to say on this, this is too good lol!

Falcon

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Does it matter at all?? The CIA can just read it all anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless

Yeah, but if they're funding it, there's NO chance the website could be lacking for money
Maybe they should invest...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

How many times is this question going to be asked, hell I think we should put a notice on the front page,

WE ARE NOT ENDORSED OR FUNDED BY THE CIA !

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I guess you're right. I guess they can read anything they want. Well, if that's the case, then they already know how I feel. Thanks for the eye opener.

Eljay

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

How many times is this question going to be asked, hell I think we should put a notice on the front page,

WE ARE NOT ENDORSED OR FUNDED BY THE CIA !

Nah, then people will say "Why are they denying it, we haven't even asked? That means they MUST be!!!"

You can't win either way.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Oh for the love of Christ, not this again.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
youd probably get more people interested ats if they said they were funded by the cia !!!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its not a matter of reading, its a matter of luring people of a conspiritorial distrustful mind to start babbling about things. Kind of a roach trap for people, to lure the people wnated so they can be monitored.

But, to answer your question no, not the CIA. Not them.

But then again, theres more disturbing alphebet groups than the CIA. Mainly NSA, FBI, ect.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OHHHHH CRAP! They found us out. Better start packing it all up boys!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Its not a matter of reading, its a matter of luring people of a conspiritorial distrustful mind to start babbling about things. Kind of a roach trap for people, to lure the people wnated so they can be monitored.

But, to answer your question no, not the CIA. Not them.

But then again, theres more disturbing alphebet groups than the CIA. Mainly NSA, FBI, ect.

wait, how is the fbi more 'disturbing'? oh, and the nsa is pretty low key, am i right? do they have a website or anything? do they even publicly exist?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Me, I would be more concerned with any 'free e-mail' if you use,
you mention AOL, but any "hotmail" and even more wary of IRC.
S.

P.S: ATS is not a 'front'

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is the THIRD drama attempt I have seen today... I guess folks are bored on a Monday huh?

For the record, I can ASSURE anyone here that the CIA does not fund this site. The MWA has been known to invest in this site in the past and plans on continuing the practice as needed for security upgrades and other things.

m...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

well said

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
either way, i'm sure they love the ideas we throw out there....

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless

yeah, totally... and what information do they gather? i mean, to join ATS you don't need much in the way of credentials...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually, Simon and Skeptic insisted on confirming my drivers license, social insecurity card and birth certificate. I wasn't sure why but when they asked for my mother's maiden name I figured these guys were legit...

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by titian]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join