It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this white stuff coming from the sky? (or: it's snowing in TX)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm midway between Houston and Dallas. No snow here, although the weatherman has predicted freezing rain tonight. It's 31 here now.
Last Tuesday night we had freezing rain. Yesterday I was riding my bike in shorts!

Texas weather! One day it's 80, the next it's 40! I prefer the 80 type days.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Im in Denver and we had the coldest night on record last night: NEGATIVE 19.

Now coming from Alaska, that is normal for me.....but not normal for Denver.

Global Warming my arse.

BTW im from Dallas and I remember growing up wearing shorts in the winter.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by greeneyedleo]

I was wearing short sleeves yesterday.

Now it is about 20!

BTW I lived near Denver for a while. I remember it being in th -20 range a couple of times.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

Texas weather! One day it's 80, the next it's 40! I prefer the 80 type days.

Me too. I much prefer the heat. That is easy for me to deal with, so long as there is plenty of water to be had, but there's no escaping cold.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am a bit taken off guard about the snow in houston, but having lived just a bit north of you asmeone2, we got snow (maybe not MUCH), at least once a year. At the beginning of 2005, we got snow that lasted for THREE whole days and we could actually build ONE whole snowman (think I have the pics still on my computer somewhere lol! Would have been a treat for any northerner stuck here in texas, albeit for a Texan like me, it was not a pleasant experience *shrugs*

We got sleet here last week (austin) and tonight it is FREEEEZING!! (of couse to me, anything 60 or below is considered freezing, but this time I REALLY mean it .. 30 here right now).

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I am a bit taken off guard about the snow in houston, but having lived just a bit north of you asmeone2, we got snow (maybe not MUCH), at least once a year. At the beginning of 2005, we got snow that lasted for THREE whole days and we could actually build ONE whole snowman (think I have the pics still on my computer somewhere lol! Would have been a treat for any northerner stuck here in texas, albeit for a Texan like me, it was not a pleasant experience *shrugs*

We got sleet here last week (austin) and tonight it is FREEEEZING!! (of couse to me, anything 60 or below is considered freezing, but this time I REALLY mean it .. 30 here right now).

You must have been in southern Oklahoma? I beleive they do get quite a bit more snow up there.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Ah really? Ive only been here a short time - this is my first winter here. The news was freaking out and they said records were broken. But who knows, I dont.

And yes, my parents were visiting from Dallas this week and my mom said the weather there (like here this winter) is all out of wack lol

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Never lived outside of Texas, but you are pretty damn close. haha I was about 20 minutes from the border of oklahoma.. pretty much smack dab between Sherman and Gainsville.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hahaha

I love having christmas in summer

And its warm all year round where I live (the tropics)....is it making you guys feel any warmer yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ah really? Ive only been here a short time - this is my first winter here. The news was freaking out and they said records were broken. But who knows, I dont.

And yes, my parents were visiting from Dallas this week and my mom said the weather there (like here this winter) is all out of wack lol

I thought it was about as wacked as Dallas weather, in terms of its changebility, just tended to be on the colder side and with snow and ice in the mix

Had a couple of "Stealth blizzards" that snuck up, dumped a lot of snow, and then melted off within a few days.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Never lived outside of Texas, but you are pretty damn close. haha I was about 20 minutes from the border of oklahoma.. pretty much smack dab between Sherman and Gainsville.

i was going to say... not much north of me that is still in TX... couple of cows maybe...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

And its warm all year round where I live (the tropics)....is it making you guys feel any warmer yet?

Nah... but my hair feels kind of frizzy, imagining that humidity...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have experience in texas and id like to say that it snows at least a little once a year there about 75% of the time. So to clear it up ever since the 80s its rare not to have snow in texas. I know King of the Hill propagandizes yankees to think it never snows in Texas but it does the majority of the time. I dont belive in man caused global warming eather but whoever says texans would say "whats that white stuff" is an idiot. It snows more often than not at least once a year. Fools.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join