It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Governor: Caroline Kennedy Wants Senate Seat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If I were in the shoes of Democratic Gov. David Paterson, I would not choose Caroline Kennedy as the replacement for the U.S. Senate seat of New York. Just because her name happens to be a 'Kennedy' doesn't mean she has the credentials or experiences for the position.

I don't see change here, either. I also don't see fairness for the more qualified candidates who are interested in filling this vacant seat.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok... read the credentials article now. It should have been titled "Long On Fundraising, Short On Politics, Non-existant On Public Office". And she's a people person with a knack at influencing others. Well I suppose that last item would be useful in the job.

But again the article goes on to say how it is her name recognition in the main that gets her considered. At that rate you might as well put J. Lo in the running too.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There are several similar open threads, but I'm posting here due to the OP's earlier date of December 15th.

Regarding her quest for a Senate Seat, I see 3 possibilities (add if you wish):

1. She's just another Illuminati stooge using the Kennedy name to fool the people and add another layer of subterfuge and spin;

2. Obama made a void by promoting her arch-enemy Hillary out of this seat so that Caroline could avenge her brother JFK Jr who died when running for this same seat against CIA operative Hillary who couldn't even dream of winning against a LIVE son of John Fitzgerald Kennedy;

3. Caroline remembers, and will use her high visibility profile and her political platform to demand justice, an impartial independent inquiry into the murders of her father, her uncle and her brother (forget anyone?) with the tacit support of Obama, using this to shake the loose nuts out of the Military Industrial Complex and have a clear hand at his own version of the NWO.

Qualifications as rulers, decision-makers or charismatic leaders have all but vanished from US political life with but few exceptions in the past half century. So the argument to disqualify her on this basis is preposterous. Motivations, if the halls of Congress and the Senate are any measure, are at best devious and often well beyond utterly corrupt. So her family wealth, while in no way a guarantee, isn't an issue here. People from the wrong side of the track such as Bill Clinton or Dick Cheney have shown that this is no indication of solidarity for their fellow modest citizens.

Those who know upstage New York will have little difficulty realizing that there is a slim chance of anyone compelled to action on the behalf of this population in severe hardship ever making their way to the Senate, unless you remember that famous Christmas movie with Jimmie Stewart. Not is this life, wasn't it called?

She'll get the seat, and with a bit of luck those who have threatened the Bush clan with prompt death if they tried to touch one hair on Obama's head will extend this self-same protection to Caroline Kennedy. She's going to need it if you remember what happened to her brother in identical circumstances, aiming for the same Senate seat in order to expose CIA complicities in his father's and uncle's assassinations.

Remember that although the Kennedy's were and are Illuminati, Jack tried to break the chains and stop the hijacking of the United States of America (for those among you for whom this still means something) by a conspiracy of secret societies. This alone wins her my vote. She has some mighty big shoes to fill, especially as the Octopus has grown since 1963.

This is the agenda of a Real Kennedy, if any were allowed to survive.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Regarding Caroline's father, here is what was called "Propaganda" when the "True" version was a single crazed gunman:

Regarding Caroline's qualifications, here's a quote which we can hope is representative of the values she would bring to the task:

[Quote]“Congressman John Murtha and Alberto Mora exemplify the kind of courage my father admired most. When others were unwilling to do so, each man recognized a moral obligation to speak out against policies he believed were misguided and contrary to our national interest. Representative Murtha broke ranks with our nation's political and military leadership to call for the withdrawal of U.S. forces in Iraq. Alberto Mora sacrificed an illustrious legal career in government to oppose a policy that condoned the torture and abuse of prisoners in violation of international law. Their courage has inspired others to follow their example, and our government is fortunate to have public servants with such integrity.”[/Quote]

We can also consider that she may not have wanted to go into politics at a time when her own children were young, as she knew better than anyone what effect her assassination might have on her children. The youngest of the 3 will soon be 16 so they aren't as fragile as she was then. Postponing a political mission in this respect is a sign of responsibility which might be desirable of one in high political office. Let us hope this is not simply Kennedy window-dressing for the Obama movement, but a genuine continuation of the anti-secret society policies so harshly interrupted with her father's assassination.

Down with the Illuminati !

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
she should start small, like governor or maybe janitor.

Or marry a president? Or be the surviving spouse of a Senator who dies? Or be an actor?

I don't see any reason she should or shouldn't be a Senator. If she's interested and willing to do the work and the governor thinks it's a good choice, then I don't have a problem with it. Her name isn't going to make her a better OR WORSE Senator.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Swatman
she should start small, like governor or maybe janitor.

Or marry a president? Or be the surviving spouse of a Senator who dies? Or be an actor?

I don't see any reason she should or shouldn't be a Senator. If she's interested and willing to do the work and the governor thinks it's a good choice, then I don't have a problem with it. Her name isn't going to make her a better OR WORSE Senator.

Then you would also support Sarah Palin for the Senate seat also. Yes?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
or J. Lo ... I can also see being an actor as an asset to any Senator... as most of what they do on a day to day basis involves blatantly lying while keeping a straight face.

And as for the Governor thinking she is a good choice.... you might think to ask why he thinks that is so? And in light of what is currently happening in Ill. and now this developing controversy... there has got to be a better way to resolve situations like this rather than just letting one person arbitrarily decide. Apparently, the temptation is just too great, and using this power for one's own gain is all but inevitable : /

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I should change my last name to Kennedy and go run for office anywhere in New England, I'd be a lock.

I don't fully blame the Kennedy's, Caroline has seen Ted embarrass himself and his state yet he keeps getting elected. I don't see how she could possibly be worse.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

I personally would not, Her political views are diametrically opposed to mine.

And I did not say I would "support" Caroline Kennedy. I suggest you read my post again. Carefully, this time.

Or you could try to make this thread about me, which I know you like to do...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Personally I admire and support Caroline and wish her all the best if she is appointed NY's next Senator.

One of the things I most admire about her is the complete abscence of the type of blind meaningless ambition so prevelant in our society today. She seems to have never taken advantage of her unique noteriety and avoided needless publicity.

A lot of politics is about access and trust in order to build coalitions and consensus. She has those qualities and is modest to boot.

I think history has called her. It's time and she knows it and I am guessing that it is not about her... but her children, and our children as well!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I personally would not, Her political views are diametrically opposed to mine.

And I did not say I would "support" Caroline Kennedy. I suggest you read my post again. Carefully, this time.

Or you could try to make this thread about me, which I know you like to do...

No, you just said:

"I don't see any reason she should or shouldn't be a Senator. If she's interested and willing to do the work and the governor thinks it's a good choice, then I don't have a problem with it. "

Do you even know where Caroline Kennedy stands on the issues?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
sos, Do you have a problem with me NOT having a problem with it?

As I said, I don't see any reason she should be a Senator (or shouldn't). It's not like I support her or really know her or care. I don't live in New York. What is it that you really want to know?

I know she has been surrounded by politics her whole life and has worked for the educational system in NY state. I also know she's pro-choice and 50 years old. But other than that, I don't know a lot about her.

Does that take care of your curiosity about me and my views of Ms. Kennedy?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

sos, Do you have a problem with me NOT having a problem with it?

As I said, I don't see any reason she should be a Senator (or shouldn't). It's not like I support her or really know her or care. I don't live in New York. What is it that you really want to know?

I know she has been surrounded by politics her whole life and has worked for the educational system in NY state. I also know she's pro-choice and 50 years old. But other than that, I don't know a lot about her.

Does that take care of your curiosity about me and my views of Ms. Kennedy?

I was just wondering how many others who gave Sarah Palin such a hard time during the last election would oppose her gaining a seat in the Senate and not mind a woman like Kennedy getting a seat, even after admittedly knowing almost nothing about their stand on the issues. Especially when a senate seat is part of a whole that makes up more power than the president has.

Seems like one-sided politics is all when you turn around and give a member of the opposite party a free pass even admitting you don't know what they stand for. So she's been exposed to politics all her life. That must make her one hell of an expert on politics just like being around the church all one's life makes one an expert on religion.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Kennedy isn't qualified.
If she were Caroline 'Jones' she would be laughed off the political stage.
This is disgusting.

immediate edit to fix spelling

[edit on 12/17/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I was just wondering how many others who gave Sarah Palin such a hard time during the last election would oppose her gaining a seat in the Senate

I would oppose Sarah Palin, period. She stands for just about everything I am against and is against everything I stand for. Of COURSE I would oppose her.

You seem to be trying to make a case that I support Caroline Kennedy (which I have not said)...
I am fairly ambivalent and have made that clear. Is that not clear to you?

Seems like one-sided politics is all when you turn around and give a member of the opposite party a free pass even admitting you don't know what they stand for.

I haven't given anyone a free pass. I don't know how much clearer I can be. I said I don't know of ANY reason she should be a Senator. If you think that means that I support her, then I don't know what to say.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh! Okay! I just got it. I didn't read your first post on this thread till just now. You LOVED Sarah Palin and defended her at every turn (to people like me) and now you don't think Kennedy is qualified and you're on the lookout for "one-sided politics".
I suggest you look in the mirror. If you think Sarah Palin was qualified to be president, then you're the one being hypocritical to say that Kennedy isn't qualified.

Typically senators come from a law background or have at least some law education behind them or know-how in running a business or business background.

She's an attorney. A graduate of Columbia and Harvard. The more I learn about her, the more impressed I am. She not only is well-read, she's written several books, some of them about the law, Bill of Rights and privacy. She makes Sarah Palin look like the ignorant country bumpkin that she proved herself to be in her embarrassing run for VP.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
She seems qualified to be a senator to me; after all how hard can it be??

Most of em seldom show up for work and all they ever say is "please pass the sweet and sour chicken" or "thanks, a Margarita will be fine"

[edit on 17-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

She's an attorney. A graduate of Columbia and Harvard. The more I learn about her, the more impressed I am. She not only is well-read, she's written several books, some of them about the law, Bill of Rights and privacy. She makes Sarah Palin look like the ignorant country bumpkin that she proved herself to be in her embarrassing run for VP.

Yeah, but the "Ignorant country bumpkin" is the Gov of Alaska. And Caroline has done what, besides wrote a few books? Has she actually practice law anywhere???

I honestly think she feels, "Hey, my last name is Kennedy, gimme that seat."

But she can't be as bad as Teddy.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hope the mods don't mind, but this is a cut and paste of her accomplishments for people to refer back to when posting:

Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg
Writer, editor, lawyer
-------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Born Caroline Bouvier Kennedy on November 27, 1957, in New York, New York, to Jacqueline and John F. Kennedy.

-- Caroline spent her early years living in the White House during her father's term as president.

-- In 1968, Caroline's mother, Jacqueline, made headlines when she married Greek Shipping magnate, Aristotle Onassis. The Kennedy family moved to New York City to be with their stepfather.

-- Caroline performed well in New York private school.

-- Attended Radcliffe College (now part of Harvard) for her undergraduate work.

-- Interned for the New York Daily News and worked in the summers as a political intern for her uncle Ted Kennedy.

-- In 1979, earned her bachelor's degree from Harvard University.

-- Worked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art where she met her future husband, an interactive-media designer named Edwin Schlossberg.

-- Began serving as the president of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to providing financial support, staffing, and creative resources for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.

-- Married 41-year-old Edwin Schlossberg on July 19, 1986.

-- Graduated from Columbia Law School in 1988.

-- In 1989, the young lawyer stayed busy by establishing the Profile in Courage Awards, which honors elected officials who have shown political courage, and beginning research on her first book.

-- In 1991, Kennedy co-wrote "In Our Defense: The Bill of Rights in Action" with fellow law graduate Ellen Alderman.

-- In 1994, Caroline's mother passed away after a long battle with lymphatic cancer. As a tribute to her mother's work in the arts, Caroline took on Jacqueline's role as the honorary chairperson at the American Ballet Theatre.

-- Kennedy co-wrote another book entitled The Right to Privacy in 1995.

-- On July 16, 1999, John F. Kennedy, Jr., was killed along with his wife and sister-in-law, when the plane he was piloting crashed in the ocean near Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.

-- In 2000, she agreed to become a speaker at the 2000 Democratic National Convention.

-- In 2001 in honor of her late mother, Kennedy helped create "The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis." She has served as editor for two other anthologies: "Profiles in Courage for Our Time" (2002) and "A Patriot's Handbook: Songs, Poems and "Speeches Every American Should Know" (2003).

-- From 2002-2004, Kennedy served as chief executive for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education where she helped raise more than $65 million in private support for the New York City public schools

-- Published A Family of Poems: My Favorite Poetry for Children in 2005.

-- Published her latest work, "A Family Christmas" in 2007.

-- Kennedy currently serves as a member of the national board of directors for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the vice-chair for the Fund for Public Schools in New York City, chief executive for the New York City Department of Education Office of Strategic Partnerships and still serves as an honorary chairman of the American Ballet Theatre.

-- Kennedy and Schlossberg have three children: Rose, Tatiana, and Jack. They live in New York City.

(Source: A&E Biography)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
And Caroline has done what, besides wrote a few books? Has she actually practice law anywhere???

Um... This is Caroline Kennedy. I actually don't know if she's tried any cases. Some of the most prestigious attorneys don't. She's got a great legal mind. The more I read (at the urging of you guys) the more I'm coming around to appreciate her and admire her. I'm beginning to think that she's imminently qualified.

Aside from a 22-month, three-day-a-week stint as director of strategic partnerships for the New York City schools, her commitments generally involve nonprofit boards: the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund Inc., the American Ballet Theater, the Commission on Presidential Debates and the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation.

But friends and associates say that Ms. Kennedy, 51, is no dilettante, and that her career is replete with examples of the kind of hands-on policy work and behind-the-scenes maneuvering that could serve her well.

Last spring, she joined the search committee for a new director of the Harvard University Institute of Politics, where she and Senator Edward M. Kennedy, her uncle, are members of an advisory panel. The university wanted a big-name politician. But Ms. Kennedy argued for someone who would view the post as a career maker, not a career ender, others involved said.

Source

And we have to consider what she can do for the state of New York. With her "celebrity", fund-raising experience and name-recognition, she may be exactly what the state WANTS and NEEDS. It's hard to follow Hillary and if anyone can do it, I think perhaps Caroline can.

Before getting all huffy about Caroline Kennedy's qualifications for the job, let's take a breath and remember Jesse Ventura and Sonny Bono.
Indeed, it's not a bad idea to have some senators who bring different experience to the chamber. Corzine's financial acumen, for instance, helped make him an impressive senator; it's too bad he's not there now as Congress wrestles with the financial crisis. Kennedy would bring to the table a serious understanding of the Constitution -- she's written a book on the subject -- and an expertise on education reform. She hasn't exactly been, to use the dangerous phrase of the woman she might replace, having teas and baking cookies.

A Vote for Senator Caroline

I didn't start out supporting her, but you guys might make me a believer yet.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join