It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoe-throwing reporter Muntazer al-Zaidi gets bravery award

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Shoe-throwing reporter Muntazer al-Zaidi gets bravery award

www.news.com.au

THE Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at George W. Bush has been given a bravery award by a Libyan charity group chaired by leader Muammar Gaddafi's daughter.

The charity group Wa Attassimou also urged the Iraqi government to release television reporter Muntazer al-Zaidi after he was detained for hurling footwear at Mr Bush and calling the president a "dog" - both severe insults in the Middle East.

"Waatassimou group has taken the decision to give Muntazer al-Zaidi the courage award ... because what he did represents a victory for human rights across the world," the group, headed by Aicha Gaddafi, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If Bush can get the Peace prize, then i can see the logic in this man getting a Bravery award.

But i think the real story is what the article claims i.e. people from all over the world (including Americans) are will to defend him - including Saddam's lawyer who is asking for the reporter to be freed.

www.news.com.au

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Saddam's lawyer???? ohhh!! Nooo! now he's doomed! The video of this event was hysterical, really, and I'm not a Bush hater either, I'd like to throw my shoes at him, and congress, and the courts.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
that's what i thought - Saddam's lawyer!!???!!! Poor guy, i hope he doesn't get walked to the gallows. But going by the track record there is little hope.

but good on them for the bravery award!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It was a terrorist attack!
He should not get any awards here he is in a pre attack jihad dance in his training camp!

[edit on 15-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"..and to present the award is MSNBC's own Keith Olbermann."

After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As you can see from the video he has been stock pilling shoes for years and was prepared to fight to the death!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

that's even funnier than the bush shoe evading video - lol - pity the guy only had 2 shoes at the time.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326

If Bush can get the Peace prize, then i can see the logic in this man getting a Bravery award
www.news.com.au

The guy very potentially could have been gunned down mid-throw, I think it was pretty brave.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the real story here is the sheer pathetic nature of those who are so easily amused by kicking at a dead horse.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

when you put it like that i suppose it was pretty brave.

if he had of been gunned down ... would he have received the darwin award, lol?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this. I believe he most definitely deserved the bravery award.

Congratulations Muntazar Al-Zaidi!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
I think the real story here is the sheer pathetic nature of those who are so easily amused by kicking at a dead horse.

with all the doom and gloom on the horizon, let us enjoy our "pathetic nature". We deserve a lighter moment don't we

But i think the news is drawing attention because this journalist did what a lot of us never would have had the guts to do. Tell Pres. Bush that he is an absolute idiot and should be accountable in some form for his actions (even if it consists of being hit with a renegade shoe).

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well he gets shoes in IRAQ and he get American Blood at home... I hope he enjoys his hell. it cant be hot or painful enough to satisfy the rage I have for this man.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
well he gets shoes in IRAQ and he get American Blood at home... I hope he enjoys his hell. it cant be hot or painful enough to satisfy the rage I have for this man.

Bush is a monster.

Any act directed against him can only be applauded.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
the Shoe Throwing journo has a influential fan base...

Hugo Chavez seems to be number one on the list :p

CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuela's anti-U.S. President Hugo Chavez said on Monday that an Iraqi reporter who flung his shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush was courageous.

Chavez, who has himself hurled insults at the U.S. president over the years, said he was glad the shoes didn't hit Bush but smiled broadly during a video of the incident played during a cabinet meeting broadcast on Venezuela television.

"It's a good thing it didn't hit him. I'm not encouraging throwing shoes at anybody, but really, what courage," he said.

Hugo Chavez comments...

I wonder whether the Iranian's will chime in too... sounds like a start of a diplomatic row me thinks.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

I vote Muntazer Al Zaidi to be released as he deserved Bravery Award for his Courage. Vote for his Release..

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd buy the guy a beer, but he's a Muslim so he probably wouldn't drink it

A lot of funny animations have been spawned by this thing, here's my favorite:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The man was brave for such an act.. However his bravery was modivated by great loss and pain.. Im sure at that moment his head began to get fuzzy, and he just lost control.
I mean Bush is a guy who gave the order to kill people this man loved and cared for..

I am torn between the truth to whats happening here.. is it an act that was an instant feeling of anger by such a loss.
Or a set up.. Still Im not sure.. Sure does look very real.. feels very real.
But anything that happens with Bush.. I question, and look into very deeply.

Yet you have to say this.. Bush had some moves.. duck, and ducked it out quick.. Or BAM right sqaure in the face..

Hmmm... I still am not 100% sure whats the truth to this..

But if I was standing before a man who killed someone I deeply loved, and care for.. And those of my own country.. I think anyone one of us might lose that thought process that allows us to think clearly.

Sertinly a powerful moment in our history.

And I will leave it at that.. Great photos!!! That matrix Giff is great!

But Im not laughing at the whole deal here.. Its full of emotions.

And if Bush has any real feeling.. Then its good that he said he didnt feel threatened.. Im sure he knows it could have been much worse.
And he was asking for it.. For all the Bush family has done..
A shoe is atleast a sign of hope that someone will stand up to the powers that be.. Does it make it right? sertinly not..
Yet somewhere deep inside me.. It feels right.. But then again.. damn my human feelings of an eye for an eye..
Yet that will leave the whole world blind...

Im still drawn by this event.. Still not sure what to think...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
The guy very potentially could have been gunned down mid-throw, I think it was pretty brave.

So do I. He is lucky he wasn't shot.

I just can't believe how quick Bush's reflexes are. He did a good job ducking.

<<   2  3 >>

join