Antikythera: A 2,000-year-old Greek computer comes back to life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

photoshopped? how can anybody be so ignorant to this fact these hierogliphics are nothing new and have been around for thousands of years , so i would suggest you get of your xbox and read some books.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

There is a difference between what you show and the invention or piece of technology this thread presents.
Both are about technology, but a different philosophy is hidden between each one of these two. In what you show we have an already advanced civilization advancing in a full technological spectrum, human or otherwise. That one failed. The second is probably what we have today, we might make it we might not.
Here is a description of the struggle of the two different philosophical schools, by Carl Sagan. He analyzes the Ionian method. especially part 3 and part 4:
video.aol.com...

www.youtube.com...

It is evident through Plato's condemnations against the Ionian method that there was a fear. Maybe a fear that the human race could fail again like they believed it did fail once, so they mocked sophisticated technological marvels, like Archytas (from Tarantum) pigeon, the first jet of the "modern" human history. What later came to be known as the Platonic beliefs, was that too much research on technology instead research about human spirit and mind would bring another curse upon humanity.

A line had been drawn between the old humanity and the modern. Classical history is in the modern part of humanity, it is us. Anything before that, was the old humanity, the part that failed, "in those days there were etc etc" as the Bible claimed.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by spacebot]

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Mon Jan 12 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
oh I love you smart people.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by The M]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I believe I watched a documentary demonstrating that the egyptian hieroglyphics are actually images of people and animals that have eroded. While it's very coincidental they should look that way, it's just that.. coincidence.

go back to sleep, sweetie. You just woke up while the grown ups were talking. You'll feel better if you just go back to sleep and dream of that world you love where nothing makes sense.

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So I will now retract my theory that it is an ancient hard drive.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Those Egyptian flying machines looked photoshopped or a modern sculpture. Please provide REPUTABLE sources.

I share your skepticism, being a photoshopper, myself.
It's hard to believe anything isn't a money-seeking scam these days and on this site especially we should realize that what appears to be "evidence" and legit can easily be forged, with the proper tools.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Yeah...........Everything has to be a conspiracy...doesn't it????

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Good post. Very interesting!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This was destroyed because it was against jesus. all astrology was evil and considered the work of the devil. That is if you are that stupid................. REality, they new when we were going to die, it is known all over the world. Everywhere except where these lowlife christian dirt balls have showed up and destoyed this information so that you will die when the time comes. They used us as slaves to build their safe houses. Read the book "old world secrets the omega project codes" Do you think it is a coincidence that it was destroyed during the new order of the ages??????????????Thank the age of jesus for us being so stupid!!! These people destroyed everything and everyone, everywhere that had knowledge of the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just blows my mind to think people are so stupid as to think they killed all of these people because they liked to kill or just because they studied the stars. That is one way you can verify how little smarts is left on this earth. Most of the people believe whatever you tell them, this herd has no chance.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
The bagdad batteries work my kids and I made one some time ago. It ran all the overhead lights in our garage for over 2 weeks and it was only a 6 inch vase that was about 4 inches around.
lights:
2 8 foot double strip flouresents
2 4 foot double strip flouresents
1 single light 100 watt bulb
we left them on 24/7 so technically speaking if it was only at times when we would have needed them they would have lasted for over a month or more on the one tiny battery!!!

Are you quite sure about that? I've just bought an expensive, gel based, leisure battery for my campervan (RV). It's rated at 100Ahrs - which by my calculations would power the 100W bulb (at full brightness) for 12 hours before being completely flat.

Yet your tiny homemade battery ran the incandescent bulb, as well as all the fluorescents for 336 hours non-stop? Also, a battery such as the Baghdad one, with just one set of electrodes, would never produce more than 1V of potential - to even produce enough electricity to make your finger tingle you would need several hooked up together. To power lights you would need a massive bank of them (probably fill your entire garage) or a voltaic pile.

I'd be real interested to know how you got around 240V out of a vase with some lemon juice in it?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

They are in the Temple at Abedju (Greek renamed Abydos). The usual attempt to discredit them is that at some time somebody put other glyphs on top.

THIS IS NONSENSE.

I learned to read hieroglyphs and some Egyptian grammar. There are no glyphs that could possibly make up these engravings.

Herodotus was told by priests that machines were used to lift the stones for the pyramids and we naturally think that they must have had wooden engines like the Romans. But was that all there was to it?

Dig deeper and you come up with much more and truly amazing for our narrow minded world.

Read "The Secret in the Bible" by Tony Bushby - Joshua Books and the sections in this book on the Pyramids and what the Benben may really have been. Then take a look at the Bentwaters 1980 case and compare it with the Sumerian writings quoted by Bushby. Then take a look at the Pyramid aprons - on wooden statuette in the tomb of YmnTwtAnkh Heq Iunu Shema, and the pyramid apron worn by a priest on a stone statue. Next take a look at Exodus 24:16 and 19:18.

By now you should be coming to some incredible conclusions.

So now go to 1 Samuel 6:18/19 and compare these and some following verses with the radiation mentioned in Bushby's book (above).

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The M

Eroded with clear straight lines. Come on, pull the other one!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

The bagdad batteries work my kids and I made one some time ago. It ran all the overhead lights...

2 8 foot double strip flouresents
2 4 foot double strip flouresents
1 single light 100 watt bulb

we left them on 24/7...

Pull the other leg, it's got Big Ben on it.

What did you use for a transformer? And for an inverter?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hey that's fascinating.
It could almost predict future events, the same as current powerful computers.
Just by following a certain historical mechanism.
The one in the video is fairly basic.But the design itself would have been limitless they could have made very large ones.
It would seem they almost had a technical evolution back then, they were on the right track.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Amen FatherLukeDuke!

That post is utter utter crap and should be removed on the basis of it being a clear and outright lie. Unless of course the poster concerned has discovered something major he is yet to share with the world?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
have you seen ZIetgeist Monkey Blood Series on YouTube ... wild dude -and I after seeing that, I got to see some of this BlueBlood the movie talks about. copper based ... 900 year life spans... wild stuff...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Those Egyptian flying machines looked photoshopped or a modern sculpture. Please provide REPUTABLE sources.

LOLOLOL How long have you been on this site ?????

There are many sources online where you can see the actual site inside the tomb/pyriamids where these carvings/ heiroglyphs were made.

They are 100% real. I would have thought everyone on this site would know that by now. He provided the pics , can you not do some research and prove it too yourself.

You may be the only person I've ever encountered on this site who was skeptical about those pics.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Spacebot, may I call you Sb? That...that was excellent.

Didn't computing come after flight? Why wouldn't it in any other time line?

I seem to recall a Coptic text where some travelers came across a community devoted to building a flying machine. Of course they had to kill the folks and destroy the machine as such an abomination would surely bring the wrath of the Almighty down upon them.

No. Flying machines were merely the tip of what was a global scientific culture. When the ice age hit, they blamed the scientific elite and technologically advanced. Hmm, eerily familiar, isn't it?

Edit to add the Abydos time line came after the construction of the pyramids, yes? So, the first culture could already have been in decline before Abydos...knowledge passed on from the north (Druids) temporarily boosted their abilities, hence (grammer? Can I use hence in this manner?) the pyramid project to preserve a standard of weights and measures. This does not imply that the Abydos hieroglyphs are meant to represent flying machines, but are nevertheless easily interpreted by us as such due to our suspicion that there is more to man's ancient knowledge than we are allowed to believe. This state of affairs has arisen from the monumental errors made in the last century by the established scientific community regarding what should be defined as "primitive" and worse, "savage". "Primitive savages" turned out to be quite smart, actually.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Matyas]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
There's actually lots of examples of great inventions 1000's of years ago. I remember seeing a documentary on a guy named Heron of Alexandria, the man was a genius and specialized in steam power. He almost started the industrial revolution 2000 years ago. Maybe he built this machine too.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

That was Hero, but yes, if the Romans knew what was there they could have turned the tide on the barbarian invasion. Unfortunately they only considered his invention a toy, just as rockets once were (hint...hint, to those who want to know, and a specter to those who do know).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join