It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't flag it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I see there are a number of threads in my profile that I have apparently flagged. Meanwhile I have never even viewed them. My first thought is that someone has hacked my account, but nothing else seems amiss.

Anyone else notice something like this?

Is there a way to "unflag" a thread?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
While there is no way to 'unflag' a thread, there does exist a way to provide a link to a thread that automatically flags it. This is accomplished by copy/pasting the url to the thread after the copy/paster has flagged a thread.

We should all be careful to avoid this as it allows for abuse of the flagging system.

So I am inclined to think that this is what is happening as opposed to your account being hacked...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sometimes an admin will flag a thread for you if it is important or relates to you!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
Sometimes an admin will flag a thread for you if it is important or relates to you!

That doesn't happen. Flags are set by the individual. See MS post above.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

As far as I know that is 100% not true. Admin cannot possibly comprehend how a thread will relate to any one of the thousands of accounts we have on the board.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
o right! I think that only applies if you are in a debate!

Sorry guys!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is weird.

YES I did have this happen to me, just last week.

There was a thread that I never even LOOKED at that showed up on my "recent threads I flagged" column.

It was strange to say the least.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

o right! I think that only applies if you are in a debate!

Not even in a debate...

It should be noted that the site is based on customized and original code. A site as big as ATS and with its' current constantly evolving status, it is natural to run into a few bugs here and there. The best we can do is note them when we run into them and make sure that Staff is alerted so that they may be added to the queue...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback and seeing as I'm not alone, do you think "unflagging" could be incorporated at some point?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I doubt 'unflagging' is a relevant feeature to incorporate. The flag system is primarily designed to give an option for users to push threads into the "ATS Headlines" since the theory is that discussion can be furthered encouraged by the increased attention based on the opinions of you the user.

Flags are really only relevant in the first 24 hours of a thread; once 24 hours has passed the thread is not able to continue the headline designation, making way for newer 'most flagged' threads...

I hope that makes sense...

top topics

join