It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member Applause: Who's the best of ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
CAUSE FOR APPLAUSE!!!

I would like to know from all of you who you believe are the best and brightest of the ATS members.

In your opinions,

Who contributes greatly to the ATS cause?

Who has the expertise, and in which categories?

What members are the most memorable to you, and why?

Who makes you laugh? Who makes you cry?

Anything you'd like to add...

I would greatly appreciate everyone's input about each other. And I'm sure, so would they. This thread is not meant to be a popularity contest, but just a place where everyone can give credit where they think it is due, and let members know that they are appreciated for their contributions and uniqueness.

Your thoughts will also be serving great purpose for ATS in coming weeks...

We all thank you for your input and value your honest opinions.

Deny Ignorance

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you HAVE to do this ok, but I fail to see how it's web site related? We've already had a most respected members list, do a search and find your answers there.

If you cannot be bothered doing that then can someone please move this over to BTS.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think everyone is brilliant in their own ways on ats.

Some people are better then others, but when people start answering this question, it's going to turn into an
azs-grabbing festival.

I don't want to participate.

But for excellent posters, who have intelligent input for all of us to read I would say

me,krazyjethro,colonel,amuk,thomascrowne,illuminatic76,Oxmank, Rant, iceman8578,energywave, Pisky (for his hitler information), kramtronix,aware, and a few others...

I can't just say one person, there are many.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here you go:

What ATS Members do you Respect the most.

Someone's already done your work for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

the mods, hands down. several of them have helped me out in my short stay here. when i first joined, i was a bit afraid of them and the older members, but i realized that pretty much everyone here looks out for one another.

Who has the expertise, and in which categories?

for aviation technology, intelgurl. no explanation or reason needed there!

for random flying stories, i may be up there. i dunno of any other pilots here on ATS except for cyberpilot.

for astronomy, Kano and Cascedago know a whole lot more than i do. i would like to think i'm kind of smart in the topic though.

for breaking news, nerdling. d'uh!

for most unforgetable hoax i've ran into yet, enegery_wave. though bobbo may top that if "weird sightings is a hoax.

for best serial ATS story, dues_ex

What members are the most memorable to you, and why? Who makes you laugh? Who makes you cry?

asala, she helped me out in getting into chat!
kano, can talk to that guy about astronomy!

shugo, just a fun guy to talk to... even if he is afraid of cornfields. even offered to adopt me at one point.
morrison, with him always believing the moon landings were hoaxes. whatever happened to him anyway?
energy_wave, for that damn hoax... i skipped a class to see what was going on i got so into it.
netchicken, always giving a good laugh.

that's all i've got right now.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This one is tough... i can't single out just one person for any of the answers

as for who contributes greatly... my votes are for amantine, william one sac, true lies, john nada, intelgurl, thebandit, and worldwatcher

who has the expertise... im going to abstain from this one because I am unclear and I don't want to exclude anyone.

which members are memorable... well... ashala for randomness; drunk, banshee, skeptical OL, and seekerof for being cool mods; krptkr (or something... sp
) because of always including something interesting; you, deltachaos, for your level of overall intrigue; morning crescent from when I first started here from that avatar of him holding that sign, Russian (YES he is Russian!!!) for being cool and russian, specialasianx for being defiant (almost as much as me), ocelot for providing great info, energy_wave for input on esoteric info, kano for being awesome, don't tread on me for being TOUGH and righteous, ugh there are so many more!!!!! i'll probably make a half million edits to include them all

who makes me laugh? thomas crowne for all the wrong reasons. that republican dude with a transformer in his avatar for being so blind. smilingsarah for asking those silly questions and then forgetting about them. TypeT for writing an incredibly believable story and having it eaten up so quickly. who makes me cry? thomas crowne for all the right reasons. i love you man.
oh yeah, and all you ppl who ignore me, this sob's for you. *sob*

I think the majority of the members here are cool. lots of people here are intelligent, and I like the fact that many of them are not afraid of voicing their opinions. i just wish I was given a bit more appreciation (kicks the gritty dirt on the ground). to all.

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Someone's already done your work for you.

Excellent. Thank you very much.

That will help immensely, and actually I should have figured this had been addressed already.

So I'll add this emphasis for the purpose of this thread:

Please feel free to include reasons and examples (thread links) for your opinions as well.

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of stuff I need!

DC

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well this is gonna turn into another azz kissin contest.

read the thread and then add ur own thoughts...and btw...dont this belong in BTS?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd have to say that members like elevatedone and cmdrkeenkid make for intelligent conversations. I think we'd all agree that starchild is the board's special forces police, makes for some interesting posting.

BTW Starchild, your e-mails originate from that base that I asked you about.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Actually, it doesn't belong in BTS because there just isn't the traffic there that I need. For me as an individual, this is research, and I need this information to get things done.

For everyone else, this is a thread where people can honestly appreciate each other and congratulate them for the great contributions they make.

Thanks,
DC

[EDIT] OK, so I guess it does belong in BTS!

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
then why dont u use the search function??

Thats what its there for!!!

Lot easier that way as u have the info written down and u dont have to wait on us writing it out again.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
hey and if you dont mind my curiosity, just what kind of research are you up to delta chaos? I ask because maybe, just maybe, I can be of assistance. i think we may be working on the same kind of project.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
not trying to be more of an asskiss, but...

i thought fo some more... Gazrok, Seekerof, worldwatcher, Ocelot

What members are the most memorable to you, and why? Who makes you laugh? Who makes you cry?

NotTooHappy... his avatars and jokes

OXmanK... just fun to talk to
titian... for mentioning me

Who smells the most like onions?
Shugo... definitely

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Your thoughts will also be serving great purpose for ATS in coming weeks...

just out of curiousity, what's this about? like your research and whatnot? i felt this was second post-worthy, as that i didn't want it to get lost in with what i previously said.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I believe determining this is what voting for the way above award each month is all about.
If you want to know who contributes the most just look at who has the way above tag this month.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I believe determining this is what voting for the way above award each month is all about.
If you want to know who contributes the most just look at who has the way above tag this month.

I already know that Valhall rocks! But I'm rather more interested in why people thinks she rocks! What were the factors and motivations of the people for voting, leading to the outcome which is that highley coveted TWATS shield that denotes the fact that Valhall ROCKS!!!?

My intents and purposes are currently undisclosed, as they should be. It isn't necessary to read into those intents and purposes as they relate to this thread, it is only necessary that people convey their positive opinions of the members of ATS. Yes, positive.

Thank you very much,
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you

This was a bit too much to show your love for me, I mean come on guys, your making me blush

Deep

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Im still too new to have street credit it seems.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If you only knew the power of the Epeen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join