It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Watch found in 400 year old tomb

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This story reminds me about a book I read a little while ago.

Story was about a team of archeologists digging in France, at the remains of a castle from the 100 year war era.

The lead archeologist is called to the office of the main sponsor in the states, after which the team back in france find a modern day lens from a pair of goggles, and a letter in the lead professor's handwriting calling for help.. at a digsite which has been undisturbed for about 600 years!

won't spoil the story but this story sure brought on flashbacks

The story's also filmed, though the book's much better. forgot the name though..

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So that's where I left it!!!! I've been looking for that darn watch since....well....oops, can't talk about that ;-)

Phatcat, it reminded me of the very same book. The movie wasn't nearly so good, IMO, but they rarely are.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

It's Occam's Razor. Or Sherlock Holmes. I forget which. "Once you eliminate all the mundane explanations, the remaining explanation, no matter how nutty, is the correct one."

Wouldn't Occam's razor lead one to conclude that the ring was left by a previous vistor of our time not by a time traveller.

I mean if I was in California one day and New York the next it's possible that I teleported but much more likely that I took a plane.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

the book was "Timeline" by micheal crichton

The film was so bad as to be painful

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wait. Hold up.
You mean to tell me the Swiss make watches?
And there's a place called China?
That's the most ridiculous name I've ever heard!
It rhymes with vag...

Please, tell me more, about the time-traveling elves

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Wait. Hold up.
You mean to tell me the Swiss make watches?
And there's a place called China?
That's the most ridiculous name I've ever heard!

I do not know why but after letting all kinds of idiocy drive me mad with anger, this just made me laugh so much. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just a thought for you guys with no education
the term "swiss" actually only turns up in the 19th century, around 1820 or so... The first time that the swiss themselves called their state "switzerland" was in 1848, before that date, there is simply no such things as "Switzerland", although the term was around for a time, the national identity of a "swiss" is a modern coneception, and THERE IS NO WAY SOMEONE FROM 400 years ago would call himself "swiss" - epeicially in English.

Oh and mind you - the swiss clock industry actually was started by french immigrants of the religious war (Hugenotts etc.) ... I think there was no real clock industry until de mid - 1700 hundreds - NOT TO SPEAK OF WATCHES, NOT CLOCKS; THEY ARE AN INVENTION OF THE 20th CENTURY - WW1 TO BE EXACT.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Photoshopped psh

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
so its a swiss watch ring yeah, and it has 10.06 on the face.
mmmmm..........
i wounder if the watch ring actually works. like if theres really tiny cogs and other parts in it.
and also i wounder if the time on the face (10.06) is supposed to mean anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Or.....the story is completely bogus.

I'd recommend waiting for a comfirming story. The museum mention does exist but the lack of details in the story raises a few flags.

Nothing in the Archaelogical news on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Or.....the story is completely bogus.

I'd recommend waiting for a comfirming story. The museum mention does exist but the lack of details in the story raises a few flags.

Nothing in the Archaelogical news on this.

I have not found a single reputable source on this story at all.

If the watch was found then it is because some previously left it there.

This is...

Case Closed.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

well im glad i wasted time on another hoax article just made my day right there

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The original press release was probably in Chinese and then translated, meaning that the word "Swiss" would have been translated directly from Chinese to English. I doubt very much that the English word "Swiss" appears. So it probably does say "suisse" or something similar.

The style of the finger watch does not imply one that might have been popular in the 1970s/1980s. It looks styled to an older era, and so might have been created 400 years ago.

But does it have moving parts?

Or is it simply the clock face in relief?

Can't make out from the photo.

Prefer to think that it was manufactured in the here and now and then asported back to the Ming dynasty.

Such anomalies might explain nails, metal cups and hammers in coal seams from 400 million years ago.

Objects can disappear, and where do they go?

Some come back, but other vanish forever. Perhaps they cross time as well as space.

Might be a way of polluting the past if we think carefully this one long enough.

Andrew Collins

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If the story proves true I am betting on Nazi tomb robbers. Hitler sent his goons out to find ancient secrets to advance his conquest. I'm surprised he didn't raid the tomb of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Howdy Lostinspace

He did? Like who?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hanslune,

Goons like these. From Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Colonel Dietrich, Dr. Rene Belloq and Major Arnold Toht

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
One curious thing about the watch. The hands are in the classic "10 and 2" configuration you traditionally see on advertisements for watches. Which makes me think that the image is not exactly what it seems to be, and may be a clever manipulation. I could be wrong, though. I am frequently wrong.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is not the first time something has been found that was out of time. Every heard of the 500,000 year old spark plug? A Model T spark plug was found inside a rock which was dated to be 500,000 years old. I once heard of the remains of a man found that died over 3000 years ago. The odd thing was the ax found with the body was steel and the lab test showed it was modern steel and how did ax made of modern steel get into the hands of a man that lived in the bronze age over 3000 years ago? Do a search and you will see that from time to time things are found that are hundreds if not thousands of years out of time and not one can explain it. Check out the thread on ATS about time slips. Could this be the answer?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know of a reputable source for this news?

I mean:

+ Who were the people doing the search (which instituition were they from)
+ Where were they digging
+ When did this happen
+ Where is the watch now
+ What is the follow up etc.

I've seen a lot of hoax stories on Annanova and it might be a ploy by them to get lots of page hits.

Given the evidence simply because of the absence of evidence and fact I call this:

State: Hoax
Reason: Unsubtaintiated facts and lack of detail, poor source. 10:06 -AM-

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

sorry to be so off topic, but how does the rest of it go? I want to know what happens. I've heard of this for most of the 23 years of my life and now I found the source. You've found the source, and thanks for showing it to me

edit to add: regarding the story about the poison and the wine. Is that from the Bible?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by InThisTwilight]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join