It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20th Birthday with Strange Occurrences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know it is probably not the proper place, but first I would like to say I am a new user and I ran across this website on a Google Search and I absolutely love it.

I'm 19 and I am coming up on my 20th birthday in about three months. Several people that I know have gone through a spiritual awakening around the time of their 20th and then it hits them especially hard on the day of. Afterward they often seem to be "different", it's hard to explain but their outlooks often change and they seem to be more in tune with themselves and the outside world (even that part of the world that does not bring itself out into the light as much).

For the last month and a half or so, I have been visiting a friend of mine in the evenings quite often to talk about what is going on in our lives and get things off of our chests (both of our husbands are currently deployed). And it seems as if I leave her house late at night, between about 11pm and 1am I see these strange entities. I'm beginning to think it's the same one, just he is showing himself to me over and over. This is how the normal routine goes. It has happened to me about five or six times.

I'm driving and get onto the main road between her house and mine. About a third of the way home (almost always on the same little hill) I see a man in an ACU or BDU type uniform (hard to tell in the dark) walking facing away from me. My headlights start to get close to shining on him and he turns and he has no face. Not even a bump or anything where a nose should be. He has a light skin tone, but is almost ethereal. But not in the manner that a ghost is. I can't see through him. His clothes are solid and his face is somewhat translucent. As my headlights hit him, he vanishes.

Now I have always been sensitive to ghosts, spirits, and the like. But I have never seen something like this. A friend of mine told me it's probably a doppelganger whose form is starting to fade and he is looking for a new one and has taken interest in me. I have seen this particular entity about 4-5 out of all of the occurrences. There has only been one time that I saw something similar, however he was wearing dark clothing and a baseball-cap type hat. I saw that one in between seeing the "Army Man". When the "Army Man" looks at me I feel (I'm also an empathic) as if he is extremely curious and is slightly afraid or unsure of me. The other, I felt nothing but fear come from him.

Does anyone have any input as to what these beings could be? A different type of shadow-man? Or a doppelganger?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The only thing that I can think of, is if you have a good connection with your husband/s. I would say if you do, and you guys talk about your husbands, mabye in a way it brings his dead comrads (I'm drawing a blank on a word for "fellow soldiers") around you. Almost as if you were inviting them around you with the talking about your life without your husband. I've only ever seen ghosts when I was in an emotional heightend state, either happy, extremely curious, or depressed.

I live about an hour away from a nucleur power plant, when i was younger (about 18, im 22 now) I would drive there a lot, just to think about problems at home, or to talk about life with a friend that is riding with me, or to escape. One night we were driving, it must have been around midnight, there is about 10 minute stretch between towns, that has 1 street light in the middle of it, and the rest is pitch black country roads. So we're driving along, and being the reckless guys we were, I decided to turn my lights off, and floor my car (1985 crown vic, about 3 tons, i was going probably 70 down the paved country roads). My buddy tells me that theres lights up ahead, through some trees, so i turn my lights on. We laugh a little, than my buddy says something to the effect of "holy **** theres people back there", I looked over as he began talking, he was turned around in the seat. After he told me, I looked in the mirror, and there were 2 figures standing in the middle of road, right under that street light, couldnt have been a second after we sped past it. We both think they were ghosts, because there wouldnt have been enough time for them to get on the road (from the ditch), and stand straight up and look at both of us. to this day it seriously creeps me out, thats the last time i went out there.

but i suggest, if you see another one of those beings, the one your not afraid of. You should get out of the car, mabye with the door open, and just stand there, but be careful, dont turn the car off.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have been seeing ghosts and spirits as long as I can remember, but I have never seen one that looked like the two things that I have seen. Their clothing is solid, but their body is translucent (like I said before, it's hard to describe...not really see through but not really solid either).

I have been tempted to stop and get out of the car and walk the short distance that it would be from my lights and where they are before they disappear, but I have my daughter with me when I see them (I see them even when she's not but normally she is with me 24/7). I'm more afraid for her than for myself. I sort of wish it was a non-public road so that I could turn off my headlights. That would get me a better look at them without having to get out and confront it.

I'm hoping it's like you said and it's just a ghost and not a doppelganger like my friend thinks.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Okay, things have changed.

You may all think I have lost it, but I honestly think it must have been a doppelganger. I hadn't seen it for about a week or so, even though I had been going out around the same times (sort of looking to see if I would catch another glimpse to be honest). But the other day I was cutting across the PX parking lot and someone out front gave me such a look I could feel their eyes on me. I looked over and it was a man (about the same size/wearing a uniform) and I got this overwhelming feeling of "I don't need you anymore," along with a very wicked looking smile. I looked ahead again real fast and looked back and he was gone, totally vanished...

Haven't heard anything about disappearing soldiers, but then again that sort of thing is usually kept pretty quiet unless you manage to hear it through the grapevine (something I try to avoid).

top topics

join