It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Knew

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Yoda411
.. and it closes with "Paid for by the Republican National Committee"

Makes me wonder what they want... The election is over, people.
Sarah went home!

As if you or any of the other demo/libs EVER said to yourselves back in 2000 or 2004 that the election was over and Gore and Kerry went home.

So, get over it and get used to it yourselves. You're in for at least 4 more years of it - which will be only half of what you people dished out.

Deny hypocrisy ...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I hope that people understand that the smear campaign waged against her, has resulted in some nut trying to burn down her church,

I was unaware that they knew why the arsonist started the fire... Have you got inside information? Or are you just assuming this? Authorities aren't sure the fire was because of Palin's associations with the church. How do you know this?

Assumptions are being made all over, it seems... :shk:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
As if you or any of the other demo/libs EVER said to yourselves back in 2000 or 2004 that the election was over and Gore and Kerry went home.

So, get over it and get used to it yourselves. You're in for at least 4 more years of it - which will be only half of what you people dished out.

Deny hypocrisy ...

The point is that this is just another smear video created and edited by the Republican National Committee. If that's not a incredibly bias source of opinion then I don't know what is.

I love how they use video from 2002 to prove he was involved in an almost successful attempt at government corruption. Let's look at the years Bush was in office and see how many people were taken down for government corruption.

[edit on 12/15/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I hope that people understand that the smear campaign waged against her, has resulted in some nut trying to burn down her church,

Assumptions are being made all over, it seems... :shk:

Uh, I believe these kinds of assumptions are also called conspiracy theories. You know, the reason for being of ATS?

But for a lot of you, when they're about o(bs)ama, well then that's something entirely different.

Right.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The fire department has said it was arson, and no, since they do not have the culprit yet, they do not know the reason. However, it is possible that it was connected to the smears about Palin. My point is that smears can lead to people on both sides taking drastic action.
I would hope you would have agreed that personal smears don't help the political dialog, do they? They may unfortunately bring votes, and that is a problem. The MSM has been complicit in that respect, because they seem more interested in issues like that, than in the issues represented by candidates.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Deny hypocrisy ...

The point is that this is just another smear video created and edited by the Republican National Committee. If that's not a incredibly bias source of opinion then I don't know what is.

No, this is the point ...

Again, seems much different when the shoe is on the other foot and you know you'll have to spend the next 4 years on your toes, ready to play defense every time o(bs)ama screws up, or someone digs up a new issue o(bs)ama wished would have stayed hidden.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Deny hypocrisy ...

No, this is the point ...

Again, seems much different when the shoe is on the other foot and you know you'll have to spend the next 4 years on your toes, ready to play defense every time o(bs)ama screws up, or someone digs up a new issue o(bs)ama wished would have stayed hidden.

It's not that I'm not open minded to the subject of Obama being corrupt, but why would he put himself in any involvement with this Gov.'s situation when he is about to be appointed to President of the USA?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think the main scandal already occured and went unnoticed. We all know now that it's possible to buy a senate seat for the bargain basement price of $1 million dollars. How much would the Presidency cost? We know that Obama raised close to $750 million dollars during his campaign. We also know that a large portion of this came from anonymous sources since they were under the minimum dollar amount.

Something to think about...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

Ego. Same reason this Blago character is in the fix he's in. Same with all the politicians in high office. At a certain level, the power washes over them and they start to believe they are invincible.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He's speaking at 5 today. He may talk about it then, but as he has said, he will address it. I doubt there's anything to "come clean" about.

Or if his previous behavior is any indication, maybe he'll throw Blago under the bus, too.

That's my prediction, anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love how it seems every time a scandal surrounding Obama comes about, there are always lib/dems to come to his defense to say......."it's a Republican smear campaign."
Mark my words.........He isn't even President yet, and already is waist deep in scandal. There will come a time, when there will be too many "I didnt know about thats," or ignoring or denying of things that he would obviously be aware of, that there will be no "smear campaign defense" that will cover up who this guy really is. I cant believe that people want this man so badly, that they would blind themselves to facts staring them right in the face.
I dont hate Obama. I admit I didnt vote for him, but I hope he is really as good as the dems say he is.
You know something that scares me, I heard this the other day....
You know what JFK and Obama have in common? Nothing yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Yoda411

Ego. Same reason this Blago character is in the fix he's in. Same with all the politicians in high office. At a certain level, the power washes over them and they start to believe they are invincible.

At what point? 2 years in the senate and the doorsteps of Washington?

It's not like Obama is hurting for money to jump on top of a stupid idea like this either.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

However, it is possible that it was connected to the smears about Palin.

Sure it's possible. But that's not what you said. You said, "the smear campaign waged against her, has resulted in some nut trying to burn down her church..."

That's nothing more than gossip. You have NO indication or evidence of that.

I would hope you would have agreed that personal smears don't help the political dialog, do they?

I totally agree. This thread is a personal smear (more gossip and rumors) and that's why I am speaking against it.
I would think you'd agree with me on that.

Obama has his report compiled and ready to release but (as I suspected and mentioned elsewhere) the prosecutor has asked that he not release the information for a week because it may hamper progress in the case against Blagojevich. But his staff was found to have no inappropriate contact with Blagojevich.

Source

President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team said a review of staff contacts with embattled Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich and his aides turned up no evidence of “inappropriate discussions” about the appointment of Obama’s successor in the U.S. Senate.

The full results of the review won’t be released until next week at the request of federal prosecutors, Dan Pfeiffer, communications director for the transition, said in a statement.

Obama may well have known that Blago wanted to sell his Senate seat. But he is clearly supporting the effort to prosecute Blago for his crimes.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Geez, when will it ever stop?

Why are some people so easily drawn to shady characters?

I remember the good old days when Presidents were involved in scadals.
Now we have a President Elect involved in a whopper, so I guess in some ironic way we are already seeing change.

Regarding Obama's association with Blagojevich, his judgment of character is once again in question.

He said himself back in 2002 that his "main focus is to elect Rod Blagojevich as Governor."

Then the SHTF:

David Axelrod: "I know he has talked to the Governor"

Obama: "Uhh, I had no contact with the Governor or, uhh, or his office. Ahh, and so we were not ah-ah, I was not aware uhh-of uhh, what was happping."

Obama: "I think it would be inappropriate for me to, you know, remark on the situation beyond the facts that I know"

Even the MSM, including MSNBC, are beginning to question the actions, er non-actions, of Obama regarding this scandal as to why he chooses to remain quiet.

Reporter:"...there were indeed conversations between Barack Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel and the Governor himself about candidates who might be filling the seat vacated by Barack Obama, and the conversations may have been taped"

Richard Wolfe on MSNBC: "You cannot sit out a story this big about your own Senate seat in your own State, and worse than that the comments today were so vague and general that you could easily misread them as not being credible when he said he wasn't aware of what was going on."

Lynn Sweet on MSNBC: "If there were conversations at all with anyone, I think this is what it means to be transparent."

If even folks on MSNBC already have questions, you can almost bet it will soon get interesting.

We have been led to believe his will be a "Transparent Government/Presidency", but maybe we "misunderestimated" him.

Not only is he Superman, but maybe he is the Invisible Man too ? ? ?

Yes, people are attracted to shady criminals: Nixon, 2 terms; George W. Bush, 2 terms. There is no accounting for the behavior of the "average voter". The "average voter", I now realize, is the reason for the Electoral College. Democracy may in fact be stupocracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Obama may well have known that Blago wanted to sell his Senate seat. But he is clearly supporting the effort to prosecute Blago for his crimes.

HA!
Just what I predicted, another one thrown under the bus.
Hmm, that has nice ring to it, good JibJab material.

What about Axelrod claiming the two were in contact?

Ooops, for some reason this video has disappeared.

At least you can still hear Axelrod's quote, see page 1.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Let's see. Supposedly he was involved in every facet of his campaign. Even helped to write many of his own scripts. Yet. he wants me to believe that he had no contact with the Governor has to who was to fill the Senate seat he just vacated. I think there is more to this and it is just a matter of whther somebody is willing to speak.

Hey Jam. The reason he had no contact with Blago is because Obama doesn't like him and the feeling was mutual and that is why the wiretaps have Blago on tape saying that Obama is offering nothing beyond "His Appreciation" and then Blago calls him a "MotherBleeper" and says "bleep him".

Obama did not invite Blago to speak at the DNC, although he DID invite the Illinois treasurer, the comptroller, the attorney general and a Chicago city clerk....Obama not liking Blago isn't just convenient now, it's been known in Chicago poltics for a long time.

This Washington Post article offers some insight.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Even though they often occupied the same political space -- two young lawyers in Chicago, two power brokers in Springfield, two ambitious men who coveted the presidency -- Obama and Blagojevich never warmed to each other, Illinois politicians said. They sometimes used each other to propel their own careers but privately acted like rivals. Blagojevich considered Obama naive and pretentious and dismissed his success as "good luck." Obama disparaged Blagojevich for what he viewed as his combativeness, his disorganization and his habit of arriving at official events half an hour late.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The coincidence is interesting, I mean you think he would've known something it was his own seat after all. Heh wasn't even president yet and there's already a scandal, awesome. Man if this is who he makes friends with then this will be an interesting 4 years. I don't know what to think about him, I want to think he is alright, but with him picking old Clinton Admin people and now this, I'm not getting a good feeling. I also think it's dangerous how much influence he has over people. That kind of power in the wrong hands is dangerous, lets just hope its in the right hands.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would think you'd agree with me on that.

I do agree with that. In this country, a person is presumed innocent, until proven guilty. I wish we could all just get to the point where we discuss issues, and not personalities. Sometimes, I wonder whether I'm on the "Breaking Political News" Forum, or the online version of the National Inquirer.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My instincts tell me that he knows Chicago Politics because he was a part of it. Not sure if he knew about this scandal though. Time will tell about Obama character.... it took time to figure out George Bush. I hope he is one of the good guys....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

[Even John McCain, to his credit, said that we should leave Obama alone on this issue, and spend our time trying to help the new President-elect, in this time of national and world crisis.

John McCain knows there is a place for him - if he is a good boy.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by spinkyboo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join