It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Shock .45 ammo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looking at trying out different rounds to see what works best for my GLOCK 30. I bought two boxes of the Extreme Shock- Fang Face, looking to see how it performs.

I havn't heard any thing bad about this manufacturer, other than being pricey. I guess it may be worth it, to have a 10 rnd mag ready if it is needed.

Getting an ammo supply build up is some thing I'm considering. Thing is though, I havn't shot enough different loads to find out what works best. Burn rate and barrel length is going to be a factor. So perhaps specialty ammo would have to be considered.

Any one have some experience that would not mind sharing any preferences?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Take your ammo and wipe the bullet with garlic cloves and let those dry before using. What ever you shoot with that the garlic will set up a infection that it very hard to stop!

[edit on 15-12-2008 by guliver]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The garlic issue is an old wives (or rather Mafia) tale
www.straightdope.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Pepper spray on bullets also makes for a bad infection.

I use this on my home defense shotgun rounds i reload.

For my .45 i use 165 gr federal hydroshocks. there high speed makes for high expansion of the bullet and they are mild to shoot making getting off a second shot faster.

always double tap a target.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh man, stuff like 'I put garlic on my ammo to cause infection' is the kind of thing you should keep to yourself. You make other gun owners look bad. That and it really doesn't have much to do with the OP.

OP, I suggest going to a gun shop and talking to the guy behind the counter. You get some pretty good advice that way. Also just try a google search for best self defense ammo. Your going to get contradictions, but it's a good way to get some more info. I have never heard of that company, and therefore would not trust them without some research.

Will agree that Federal Hydrashock is a good choice.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've been on the phone multiple times with the rep at the manufacturer. These are special rounds for federal law enforcement and military, for use in anti terrorist situations.

I wasn't expecting any one to be too familiar with them. A fairly new company, but they have some very unique, selections, limited as they are. Just wanted to share what I found.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
for use in anti terrorist situations.

Oh god! As soon as I read "anti-terrorist" I knew exactly the ammo you were talking about.

Unless I can shoot everyone with that ammo and only the "terrorists" will die it's just a gimmick to sell fancy hollow points and frangibles.

I can see the witch hunts now. We'll shoot the accused "terrorist" and if he dies from out special "anti-terrorist" ammo then he was indeed a terrorist.

They're just fancy hollow points. Hey, I love gimmicky crap too. The more gimmicky the better. I impulse buy all sorts of stupid products for their outlandish promises and "extreme" marketing.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Advisor... I am familiar with and have used that ammo. There is nothing special about it that you wouldn't find in other comparable hollow point ammo.

I agree with other posters regarding the Federal Hydroshocks - the best personal defense round on the market, IMO.

Edit to add: The whole "Special anti-terror" use is BS at best. Any effective HP is "anti-terror" as the object is to kill the bastard causing the terror.
Don't be suckered into ridiculous marketing ploys. Federal has a history of making deadly, accurate and reliable rounds.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by kozmo]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
An ammo you can not afford to practice with is little benefit to you at all in an arsenal as far as I am concerned. I suggest hand reloads and purchase used brass.

Calculate your powder charge for the best performance for a particular gun. Buy yourself a bullet mold so you can make your own and do some research on them for building special loads of your own.

Check out these guys for a lot of good tips on this.
www.beartoothbullets.com...

If you practice with the same loads you shoot in combat you will hit what you are aiming at a lot more often. A lot of people waste a lot of money on special loads and then save them for that awful day when they will really need them and have little or no practice with the load and can not hit what they are shooting at.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
nothing new there sawtooth or cutting bullets have been around for a long time... mostly made for pin shooting matches...Yes people shoot at bowling pins with handguns...and they make special loads to do so...
See United States Patent 4829906

[edit on 18-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think this is a great thread but have to comment on the cating the bullet with gaarlis or pepper spray...

How is that going to hurt the taget more when the full intent is to remove the head from it? If I wanted to punish, I'd torture...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the input every one. I just might look in to reloading my own rounds, and making the slugs as well. I really like the way these bullets look, and havn't seen any simular to it.

They have a really nasty cavity design, and am still looking forward to evaluating them for use.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
One minor thing to keep in mind...
For years it was thought a deep cavity hollow point was ideal for expansion AKA one shot-stopping power...
After years of seeking that magic bullet design they discovered one little flaw in that theory, winter clothing....

It turns out a winter jacket with a lot of fluff(Padding) will fill the cavity and the hollow point with then act the same as a FMJ...

knowing that you kind of have to ask what the pros use...
Speer GOLD Dots are probably carried by more cops than anything else...
then you have Federal HST, an updated HydroShock, HydroShock have a great street rep and long history of success.
Winchester has the Ranger line they are a +p version of the Black Talon line...
for reloading I would get my hands on some Barnes M/LE TAC-XP Pistol Bullets...They maintain their original weight and track straight after being fired through intermediate barriers like car doors, plywood and automobile windshield glass.

anyway without taking over this thread I would look into the four I just listed thousands of man hours went into these designs and people who carry for a living feel very comfortable with these loads... that in itself says a lot...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The cool thing about these rounds is that they need very little gun powder to do maximum destruction. The destruction is caused by increasing the surface area in which is affected by the bullet.

They are probably a lot more expensive though, so you might want to buy a pack and try them out on a soft target to see your results. It also depends on what you intend to use them for.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Why buy a gun...are you trying to promote peace through violence...?

If you buy a gun you now have to bar your doors and windows closed....thats alot of work...and use garlic to make food tastey....

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't spend that kind of money on some exotic ammo when there is time proven very good self defense ammo out there. First you need to go to the range and shoot some different ammo and select one that your gun likes. Just because a particular round feeds well in someone else's Glock doesn't mean it will in yours. Every gun is a little different.
As someone posted earlier I would start by trying some Federal HST or hydrashoks. Speer also makes some good self defense ammo. The point I'm trying to make is that you should buy some good, reasonably priced and proven ammo that works in your gun. Then ,practice,practice, practice.

Duster

[edit on 25-12-2008 by duster]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you want to test different ammo take several empty milk jugs and fill them with water. Get at least 3 milk jugs per type of round. And test the effects. Its fun.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i carry a 45acp everywhere when i leave the house. probably best man stopper there is- why the military used it for solong then switched to 9mm and is now going back to it.
i use whatever is available-as long as my gun eats it i know i'm good. i don't care if you use hollow points, +p etc, as long as your pistol can eat it who cares?
you hit someone with a 45 they are going down no matter what bullet
practice, practice, practice

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I carry the sig P-220, use Starburst hv-0536.45 acp, and
an 11 round extended in place, with 3 seven round B-U's.

I find I can one hand with much accuracy. Love German's for weapons and audio.

Edit to add:

I keep all ammo in heated safe. (except what is in hand)
no damp powder here

[edit on 26-12-2008 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by guliver
Take your ammo and wipe the bullet with garlic cloves and let those dry before using. What ever you shoot with that the garlic will set up a infection that it very hard to stop!

[edit on 15-12-2008 by guliver]

Come on now. You hit anyone with a .45 bullet and they really won't have to worry about an infection. They will have much bigger problems to worry about. Like how to stop the massive blood loss from the gaping hole now in their body.

My home defense round in my Springfield XD 45 with 13+1 rounds: Hornady Custom Ammunition 45 ACP +P 200 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point. Muzzle Velocity: 1055 fps, Muzzle Energy: 494ft. lbs.
Thats a lot of energy folks. A massive hollow point moving at this speed is going to mess up whatever it hits.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by on_yur_6]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join