It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School says 'Get your notebooks out - aliens are here'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Nov 28 2008 by Ben Turner, Liverpool Echo Get your notebooks out - aliens are here

A SCHOOL suspended all lessons yesterday - because “aliens” had landed. The space invasion took place on the school fields at Our Lady Queen of Peace primary in Litherland. With a police cordon already in place and a Merseyside fire service vehicle on standby, children were told that a spaceship had crashed on the school field and it was up to them to investigate who it belonged to. The event was part of a project aimed at bringing writing to life organised by borough council-backed Primary Excellence Partnership in Sefton (PEPS). Pupils did everything from write an incident report for police, interview eyewitnesses, compile TV and newspaper reports, write emails to aliens and trawl the school grounds for clues. After spending the day investigating, children were told that investigations were ongoing but “things are not as serious as first thought.” Parents were also given poetry workshops and tips on supporting their children with reading during the day.

Visit the news story.

This was quite a shock to me, as a teacher. I would relish the chance to do something like this with my students.

But the reason I have posted it here in the Aliens and UFO forum is that I think it could well be another part of the big puzzle that is disclosure.

Think about it for a minute. What better way to get the young used to the idea that ET's are real and here than by getting them to deal with related issues at a young age.

In terms of education, it is no doubt a fantastic way to encourage literacy in a real-life context, but why UFOs?

I really do think that this is part of something bigger - very very interesting indeed.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I remember that thread - it was very interesting, but wasn't that supposedly a real sighting?

If this kind of thing is getting more widespread it really does being up bigger questions about conditioning the young, doesn't it?

I'm really torn on what to think about it:

very clever or very sneaky.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't think that it's right that the children be indoctrinated like that. A lot of people would dispute the idea of aliens visiting us. You can believe what you want but leave the kids out of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

I was thinking it was the same story as this one, it wasn't so I removed my post.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I don't think that it's right that the children be indoctrinated like that. A lot of people would dispute the idea of aliens visiting us. You can believe what you want but leave the kids out of it.

oh no, the poor children, lets make sure they have NO imagination.

I think fun things like this should be done nearly once a month at ALL schools. It might actually make it -gasp- fun to learn at school. I hope this becomes the new norm, NOT faked aliens per say, but events like this as a whole.

---Now as far as 'prep' for disclosure goes, its an odd group of people to do it to, because kids are 500 times more likely to believe in the possibility of aliens than most older people, with the patrons of this site excluded.

saying 'hey kids, there are aliens!', wouldnt have that much effect on them what with santa, the tooth fairy and Smokey the Bear and all...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

---Now as far as 'prep' for disclosure goes, its an odd group of people to do it to, because kids are 500 times more likely to believe in the possibility of aliens than most older people, with the patrons of this site excluded.

saying 'hey kids, there are aliens!', wouldnt have that much effect on them what with santa, the tooth fairy and Smokey the Bear and all...

But - wouldn't it make sense to allow them to become more familiar with idea while they are younger and then feed them enough info to allow the idea to fester and grow as they get older and stop believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How DARE you teach fiction in schools!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go

But - wouldn't it make sense to allow them to become more familiar with idea while they are younger and then feed them enough info to allow the idea to fester and grow as they get older and stop believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy?

Oh yeah, that makes sense, I just have a problem with the underlying theory behind disclosure. Why sit on information for years just to one day say, 'oh yeah, they are here, and we have known.' NO good could come from it, except ATS'ers can finally rest and say, 'see, we arent crazy after all!' but that leaves MOST of the countries citizens being pissed about being kept in
the dark that they would revolt and be demanded to be told more and more secrets. I think any government that would be planning the eventual leak of information would see that people dont enjoy finding out they have been lied to....

Now, i know all that hinges on a few variables, but the biggest one still remains about the aliens themselves, 'are they peaceful?' IMO, if a species has mastered interstellar travel, they are PROBABLY consumers. meaning they probably are looking for 'loot' to snatch. we can hope that they may send a scientific survey, but I think that is highly optimistic.

----------
on topic - Interactive, multifaceted lesson plans like this one are the things that keep kids from dropping out. I am willing to bet most of my life savings ($347.34) that this event helped create a few future scientists and astronomers.

top topics

join