It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broadband modem help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My power on the broadband goes off at erratic times sometimes it can be on for days other times 10 second i was wondering wether i got a new power supply to my p.c that was bigger say 500w would that be better. I would be thankful for anyones help.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i have absolutely no clue, mine does that too occasionaly, although its not that much of a bother, i always thought its cause there was a loose connection, cause after i play with the wires, it stops happening for a while.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I got that and heres how you do it: (WINDOWS XP)

Go To Control Panel
Double Click System
Click On The 'Hardware' Tab
Click The Button Entitled 'Device Manager'
GoTo 'Network Adapters'
Double Click Broadband Modem Name

Hope that helps helped me.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i have a 4 year old computer running Win98 and ive been using dialup since i got it. i recently moved to where i can get cable internet service. my question is, what all do i need to get so i can use cable internet. i know i need a cable modem but do i also need an ethernet card? anything else?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
yes you need a iethernet card, there cheap and you need a cable modem, ask the cable network if the include one for free or payit off over a cupple of years with your monthly bill.

I would buy mine if i were you..

(im a pc gamer so i know this geeky computer stuff
)

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
yes you need a iethernet card, there cheap and you need a cable modem, ask the cable network if the include one for free or payit off over a cupple of years with your monthly bill.

I would buy mine if i were you..

(im a pc gamer so i know this geeky computer stuff
)

is there a certain modem & ethernet card you suggest? i was looking on ebay at modems and they are from about $50 to a couple hundred $. lemme guess, the cheap ones are no good, right?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
ah, i dont think youll be doing any big file moving or network stuff like that so i woulnd think you would neeed to spend alot on a iethernet card..

Iv ran into trouble trying to install old iethernet drivers (iethernet drivers/setting up a network is about the hardest thing to do on the computer)

If you get cable installed the cable company would have to put in a new line anyway so they can help you get you up onto the net, and i sugest getting the modem after you talk to them becouse iv heard some isp's work better on there "typ" of modem but that could be bull#..

I have a cheap and a expensive iethernet card, there seams to be alot more hardware on the new card, maybe becouse it dose more work for the cpu? i dont realy know that much about networking..

my newest pc 2900mhz 1gig eta came with 2 intergrated iethernet cards..

top topics

join