It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Message to All Smoker and Non-Smoker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Drugs such as cannabis (Never killed anyone in recorded history, although it does # your head up after a while...), MDMA (If you drink the right amount of water and don't take huge amounts, you'll be fine. Ecstasy pills can have anything in them though), '___' (You cannot kill yourself with this unless you take tens of thousands of pounds worth), Psilocybin mushrooms (Again, has never killed anyone) and there are many more. A recurring theme is psychedelic drugs are harmless. Which, in most cases, they are.

Is it harmless when someone on a drug trip gets in their car, drives somewhere, and kills an innocent person? What about in schools? How could we have an educated future work-force if everyone was getting high legally?

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Totakeke]

Your assuming, of course, that they would be legalized for use while driving and by those who are underage. How silly, at the very least they would be regulated to the same degree that alcohol is.

Anyways

Smoker or non-smoker the Fed has absolutely no bussiness telling me what I can do with my body. If the Fed is to be involved at all it would make more sense for them to regulate the chemicals that the companies put in their cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
when I was a kid, my city bulldozed over our city dump and built a nice park over the top of it, behind this park, there was a creek that a bunch of us would go catch critters in. when I moved back to this city, after living in texas over ten years, well, the park is still there, so isn't the creek. the creek is all fenced off now, with signs posted from the EPA, if I have the name of this creek right, it's now one of their superfund sites....

I got a job screen printing up there, the shop was right next door to a childcare center. on one of the other smoking related topics, someone gave a list of the dangerous chemicals found in cigarette smoke, guess what.....the majority of them I believe, were also found in that printshop. we'd keep the bay doors open, even in the winter as long as we could stand it. The birds would fly into the place, and well, wouldn't be able to find their way back out. At night, the place would be locked up, and well, the birds would be locked inside without much ventilation...we'd find a bunch of dead birds in the morning. In the old days, the miners would take birds down into the mines with them, if one were to suddenly keel over and die, well, they knew they were in trouble.....
I've watched osha come and go out of that shop, and everytime, everything was peachy clean as far as they were concerned.

A question here....I smoke, why not, if the superfund site doesn't kill me, chances are my job will, and well, what's a few more carcinogens when compared to all that.....
but, when I do die, from whatever UNTREATED disease I die from, what do you think my death will be contributed to.....the pollution of the 50's, 60's, and 70's? or maybe all those nasty chemicals I've worked with?? Will anyone think to question, could it be the result of going without decent healthcare for most of my life? What about all those many, many times that I have had to run (and still do) on four or 5 hours of sleep? What about the reactions I have a tendency of having with most of the cleaning products, costmetics, soaps, and even....chlorine!
na, I bet ya ten to one.....I will be just a part of that lovely statistic that the anti-smoking crowd loves to cite...

found my rolling machine, tomorrow gonna have to go out and buy some tobacco and tubes......increase the stupid tax all ya want....all that will result in is that you will lose what I am already giving you...

Still no answer on this question....
what gives the government the right to come and take money from people and give it to another group of people so that they can have a commodity or service that the people having the money taken from are failing miserably in aquiring themselves?
heck, what gives them the right to pick out subgroups of these payees to pay more, based on the fact that their daily consumption of toxins and crap isn't on the official "approved" list?
and well....the government's involvement like this does a couple things....
it takes money from those who can't afford the service, thus making it less affordable for them... and then, it inflates the cost of the commodity or service, so they have to come up with more money if they want it....
so, I guess that if the non-smoker shouldn't have to pay for the healthcare of the smoker, then well.....those who truly cannot afford that healthcare, be they smoker or not, who are being denied any assistance whatsoever.....shouldn't be pitching in to pay for anyone's elses for danged sure!

so, well, yous went to the trough one too many times, got me ticked off again...I'm taking whatever money I can out from your collective pool.....I've just roll my own for awhile, you have fun paying for it!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join