It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking insight about 2012,aliens,religion, and PlanetX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am a new member and was drawn to this site because of the many questions I have as I began connecting the dots regarding aliens and our past and future. Here is what I have been consumed with, looking for input from other members about this topic;

SumeriansAfter reading some of Stitchen's works, we know the Sumerians had an accurate description of our solar system, even knowing the color of our distant planets. They also believed in a 10th planet that has an orbit taking it back into the solar system every 3500 years or so. They called it "Marduk" or the Destroyer I believe and when it passed by it caused major catastrophes on our planet and the others.

FACTS- With the Hubble telescope we now know that 90% of the solar systems of the universe have binary suns. Our solar system had a cataclysmic event in our distant past involving a collision. Could the massive asteroid belt near Jupiter be the remnants of this and our "other" sun, possibly a failed brown dwarf, with it's planet coming back again???
Why have google and Microsoft blocked the image of the Orion constellation where many believe Planet X is approaching???
If you go back in increments of 3,500 years you can see that major calamities occured here including Ice Ages, Polar Reversals, etc- the last occuring around the times of Moses' exodus. There were even major impacts on our planet that ended most life 3 times !! Was Mars a victim of this as well???

Hopi Indians- The bible and other faiths are full of interesting references. The Hopi Indians, who were believers in 2012 as being the end or new beginning, spoke of God coming to them and giving them 2 tablets with Gods law (sounds a bit like Moses story,right?) and instructed 2 indians to travel the continent spreading the word. "God" even makes the statement "I am the First and the Last" and tells them that the 3rd end of the world was by flood and that the next time will be by Fire (sound familiar?)

Some markers and signs: Before the time of the great Purification, they will make metal roads for iron horses and hang metal ropes in the air. (pre-Colombian Hopi prophecy) First they will bring back pieces of the Moon which will upset the balance and unleash disastrous forces. (ibidem) Near the day of the Great Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky through which 'people will walk' . (ibidem) The Purification will begin shortly after humans build a great house in the sky (MIR and/ or new European/US space station?). By then there will be fires everywhere and greedy, selfish, power-mad leaders, internal wars. (ibidem)

FACTS- The Hopi account of the end of the previous 3rd world by a 'cleansing' by way of great flood fits in well with Cayce and others. In fact, similar traditions of a worldwide catastrophe exist among peoples of all continents including Scandinavians, Greeks, Egyptians, Hebrews, Sumerians, Babylonians, Persians, Hindus, Fiji Islanders, Eskimos, native North and South Americans and many other sources.

I have opinion about Jesus and who he really was as well. These aliens have been here for a very long time and have been manipulating and advancing us, possibly even altering our very DNA. Just like our early explorers(who used knowledge of solar eclipses to fool natives), they used their vast knowledge of the universe to tell early man about upcoming climatic events due to Planet X's crossing.

No crystal ball- just advanced knowledge of the universe to predict future events based on orbits and other factors. While most of the universe was blessed with 2 suns and stability, poor tragic planet Earth suffers massive calamity almost everytime PlanetX or our failed sun pass. Imagine if Earth did not suffer the 3 massive extinctions?? Would life have advanced to the level of our alien guests who were fortunate enough to have a stable solar system??

Please, your opinions. More questions to come.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You are of the opinion that Aliens are taking an active part in human evolution, both biological and technological?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ill explain the facts you mentioned regarding the sumerian prediction. Firstly, you must understand that, though the universe is full of binary star systems, not all systems are binary ones, there are globular clusters of stars and some small star clusters like this one.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So, the universe, does not contains binary star systems alone!

There are multiple star systems and many single star systems like the sun, for example, take the star formalhaut for example, it is a binary star system, and the dont say that there is formalhaut b, it is the planet that orbits it.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

And even another point that I have in mind for long is, if our sun was a part of a binary star system, the two stars should orbit around each other with respect to a center of gravity, but it must be noted that nibiru/planet-x orbits in a highly eccentric orbit around the sun, this clearly proves the absence of the binary star system for us.

Edit: Dont beleive stychins work, he interpreted most of the sumerian tablets wrongly.

[edit on Mon, Dec 15 2008 by peacejet]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Definitely biologically, not so sure about technologically. What other life form on this planet has evolved so much so quickly???
100 years ago we were still using horse and buggy and 60+ years later we were in space.
I believe that they are here and have manipulated man with religion to teach us, or ease us into their advanced state. Every generation we get an Einstein or Michalangello to advance mankind further by leaps and bounds.

Can anyone say for sure? I am just trying to justify the similarities between ancient beliefs across the globe, their accurate understanding of our universe, and the motive of a superior race in dealing with mankind.

There is much on the subject of "dimensions", could they be trying to hurry us along the path?

I commented on this in this thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that a highly evolved advanced race would look upon lesser evolved lifeforms with compassion. Evolution is the path to advancing spiritually(the next dimension?) and intelligently. As I stated here, I feel because of our unfortunate situation regarding the 3500 years crossing of Planet X and the massive destruction to the solar system this causes, maybe they are trying to rush us along. They obviously would know which crossing of Planet X would cause major devastation to earth ,No? Did they use this knowledge to warn Noah about the flood (documented by many races in different parts of the globe) and preserve some of humanity and earths creatures? Is this what the Mayan prophecy,Revelation, and Hopi's talk about-a future massive disaster? Our planet has suffered much through the eons. Was life on Mars a victim of this as well?

I have many opinions and even more questions and I am hoping a website such as this, with people of similar interest, can answer some of them.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by koldpatrol]

[edit on 15-12-2008 by koldpatrol]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The aliens are allowing us to evolve, and in the process helping us, if you see the technology, had they been hostile, we would have not been here to discuss now.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The aliens are allowing us to evolve, and in the process helping us, if you see the technology, had they been hostile, we would have not been here to discuss now.

Exactly my view.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by koldpatrol

I would like to mention that I accept the alien part and my view on planet x/nibiru is different.

I had even made a thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My point is if nibiru existed and coming in 2012,we should have already felt its effects on us, but the sun activity is in the all time low(according to records so far).

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My point is if nibiru existed and coming in 2012,we should have already felt its effects on us, but the sun activity is in the all time low(according to records so far).

Maybe we are feeling the effects. Volcanic activity is rising, especially in the arctic. From National Geographic;

Seismic activity was previously detected in the same region in 1999, along the Gakkel Ridge—a 1,200-mile-long (2,000-kilometer-long) mid-ocean mountain range north of Greenland. Hundreds of earthquakes were observed over a nine-month period, with magnitudes between 4 and 6.

The sun is in low activity (my view that the sun is a far more valid impact of our climate than man), record cold temps are being recorded in the world reflect this as well.

Trust me, I would love nothing more than to find out this Planet X is total BS (who would want to be alive during that devastation) but with the world spiraling into economic free fall (this usually sparks wars-again this part of the END is based on prophecy not scientific evidence, take it for what it's worth) and the increase in seismic/volcanic activity you have to wonder ??

Also, why is there a big push to put telescopes in Antarctica by world scientists? Sure the southern pole if pristine in views but this is also allegedly the direction many believe Planet X is approaching. Will we see what they are viewing? Will they doctor it? Why has Microsoft Telescope and Goggle Sky blocked out a portion of that view?

I guess we will be stuck in wait and see mode, watching for more "signs". As 2012 approaches, if Planet X is approaching us we should see and increase in the grumbling of our planet. If nothing happens as 2012 nears I guess we can breathe a sigh of relief.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What other life form on this planet has evolved so much so quickly??? 100 years ago we were still using horse and buggy and 60+ years later we were in space.

Biological evolution has nothing to do with technology. There is no rapid evolution of modern man. Our evolution is substantiated in the fossil record, and we have examples of many different hominids from other branches of our family tree that we suspect had comparable intelligence to modern humans - such as Neanderthal. Indeed, modern humans are not even "Homo Sapiens" in the colloquial sense. We're "Homo Sapiens Sapiens" - a sub-branch of Homo Sapiens, of which another sister species (Homo Sapiens Idaltu) branched off parallel to our own, but who later went extinct.

There is absolutely no evidence that humans have been genetically tampered with. Contrast this also with the fact that Homo Sapiens Sapiens have been around for about 200,000 years, whereas the rise of civilization and technology has only been traced back to about 10,000 years ago with the invention of agriculture that allowed permanent settlements. These settlements allowed for commerce and written languages, which in turn lead to scholars and the beginnings of the rise of technology. Before then, we only have evidence of humans being hunter-gatherers. For the VAST majority of human history, we were tribal nomads following game herds.

So we appeared on the scene, potentially no smarter or dumber than we are today, 200,000 years ago - and yet only appear to use that intelligence to further our species in the last 10,000 years or so. This is a pretty big disconnect and seems to refute any indication that humanity was specially created or engineered by aliens. However, this fits fairly well with what how we suspect humans developed naturally (both biologically and culturally) considering we still occasionally find isolated "lost" tribes of hunter-gatherers today.

Insofar as the rise in technology itself, I think you're mistaking a natural acceleration of technological discovery with "alien intervention". The problem is, I believe, that the rate technological discovery is not linear - but is exponential. I believe that Ray Kurzweil is right in thinking that the rate of discovery increases as we make more and more discoveries. We use our already discovered technology to fuel the next generation of discovery. As each generation passes, we have better, faster, and more accurate tools with which to discover - which leads to an acceleration in the process. He calls it his law of accelerating returns. I would definitely look into this if you're interested in the incredible rate of technological discovery we're finding ourselves in. It's not going to slow down either, and may eventually come to a point he calls the "Singularity" - in which the rate of discovery is so fast that we can no longer disseminate the information as fast as it's coming in. This will likely be heralded by the invention of smarter than human Artificial Intelligence - or the augmentation of human intelligence beyond natural bounds.

He predicts it will occur around 2040-2050, while others contend it may take up to 2100 or 2150, but regardless, it will happen rather quickly. Especially compared to the past 200,000 years of human development.

Evolution is the path to advancing spiritually(the next dimension?) and intelligently.

No, it's not. Evolution is merely the adaptation of an organism to better fit it's environment. It has nothing to do with becoming arbitrarily "better" in any regard - as evolution often takes away advanced features in favor of more advantageous ones. It has nothing to do with spiritualism or higher consciousness. Indeed, intelligence is likely an evolutionary dead end. Recall all of humanities sister species who had fairly well developed intelligence. Homo Sapiens Sapiens are the ONLY survivors. This seems to indicate that such an energy expensive organ that provides such a problem for childbirth when coupled with bipedalism is NOT favored by Evolution. We're only still around today, likely, because we have figured out how to use that intelligence to circumvent the natural pressures that would have weeded us out.

It's still yet to be seen whether or not that intelligence will cause us to weed ourselves out of the picture, and at a much faster rate than which nature could.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

He calls it his law of accelerating returns. I would definitely look into this if you're interested in the incredible rate of technological discovery we're finding ourselves in.

Interesting. Will definitely take a peek.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

From his TEDTalks lecture in '07 regarding Exponential Growth in technology and what it means for us.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Evolution is merely the adaptation of an organism to better fit it's environment. It has nothing to do with becoming arbitrarily "better" in any regard - as evolution often takes away advanced features in favor of more advantageous ones. It has nothing to do with spiritualism or higher consciousness.

But as we become more intelligent beings with greater understanding of our world and universe, how could you discount a deeper and more accurate and benevolent spirituality/ psyche that would go along with the higher understanding. Not worded great here but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

I happen to believe in dimensions and spirituality from my exposure to some of the worlds ancient texts and beliefs. Who the hell knows for sure about any of this stuff, it is intriguing discussing it and hearing different views.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But as we become more intelligent beings with greater understanding of our world and universe, how could you discount a deeper and more accurate and benevolent spirituality/ psyche that would go along with the higher understanding.

Quite simply, there is no evidence for such phenomena as spirituality. Even if you can "feel" it, you don't "know" it - because it's a subjective experience and takes place completely within your mind. If it wasn't, then it would be an objective experience which we could verify by outside measures. Everything within this physical universe, including our brains and it's functions, leaves evidence of it's interactions. Spirituality doesn't. This indicates that spirituality is entirely within the minds of the person feeling the spiritual experience.

Insofar as extra dimensions, while there's good evidence that they exist, there's no evidence to suggest that they have anything to do with spirituality or the supernatural.

And lastly, I have never read an ancient text, or hear any line from a "spiritual guru", which has in ANY way indicated that they are in possession of any greater or deeper truth. Physicists, however, have provided that for me. Especially since they can show their work and explain how they came to those conclusions - as well as providing practical applications of their discoveries.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes i also agree that the more we advance the quicker our learning accelerates. This does not explain how people 6000 years ago knew about stuff we have only proven recently!

Sumerians After reading some of Stitchen's works, we know the Sumerians had an accurate description of our solar system, even knowing the color of our distant planets. They also believed in a 10th planet that has an orbit taking it back into the solar system every 3500 years or so. They called it "Marduk" or the Destroyer I believe and when it passed by it caused major catastrophes on our planet and the others.

Dont you think that its strange the Sumerians are the only people who claim to of lived amongst the gods, (and its the oldest documented texts of inteligent humans)

Dont you think its strange that all religions tell the same kind of storys (God from above) (made in his image) (Noah)

I do belive that we have been visited by aliens and i think that it would be stupid to think we were alone. The storys on 2012 i dont agree but i will be keeping a close eye to the sky and news ect ect,. as there is plenty of compelling evidence of past events changing the worlds climate so future events are inevitable.

Please respond people as i find the subject very interesting

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Check out the site for facts on 2012

2012thend.weebly.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My research is leading me to believe that we live in what may be a triple system. I think a supernova in the Kuiper Belt caused a black hole or neutron star to form giving planet x two bodies to orbit. Something in the Kuiper Belt is perterbing that whole region of the galaxy and it can't be a failed star. The orbit of planet x is also so strange that it suggests it orbits two objects. Jupiter does not orbit and move like that. I think this supernova exploded at the great flood of Noah and that planet x (Nibiru) first arrived during the Exodus of the Jews, destroying the planet called Olympus between Jupiter and Mars. I believe that th initial supernova sent planet x into an orbit contaning the sun and the black hole (Dark star). The flood occurred about 1500 years before the Exodus and that could account for about half of the orbital period of 3600 years or planet x.

new topics

top topics

join