It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symptoms of possession?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Has anyone ever been or seen someone who was possessed or taken over? please share your insights and stories, if you could!

In November of 1997, I experienced a rather weird event. It was rather subtle, but in both events, I KNOW that I wasn't who I usually seem to be. That's primarily why I think I was possessed.

I was on the phone, talking to a friend of mine (who, incidentally, I was trying to date at the time). Suddenly, without warning, my mood switched. I would take very deep breaths and would sigh all the time. I would stretch a lot and felt very sensitive to all kinds of sensations, physical and mental. I became very euphoric and happy, and even my thought patterns switched gears. I am not one who is easily amused, nor do I become happy without reason. My voice became wavy, as it would go up and down in pitch. i kIndA soUNDed lIKE ThiS, with capitalized letters representing an increase in bass and the lowercase letters representing a higher-sounding note.

On top of that, I started talking about my emotions more so than I wanted to at the time. I talked about how I felt about her and I talked about what I wanted to do with the girl, romantically, despite my previous reservations about discussing such topics. Without thinking, I turned off all the lights in my room and went to my bed, covered myself under my own sheets, while still talking to her. That experience lasted about a half hour, and the most significant memory I have of that event was being filled with so much happiness than ever before.

The next event, about a week or two later, I was talking to the same person. Then, the same things started to happen. It started with my voice becoming different. Not wAvY like the last time, but it was not my voice. It was a different version of my voice, less bass and with a slight lisp, and I even said to her "I dunno why I am speaking in this tone." I was filled with a sudden calmness, not as euphoric as the last time, and I was definitely far more centered and at peace with myself than I ever had been before. Again, the usual lockdown on my emotions was negated, as I was all about talking about my romantic intentions with her. I was uncharacteristically aggressive in this manner, but at the very least, I maintained sensibility (I wasn't all about saying stupid things like I want to boof you so hard that...).

Commonalities between both events:
Both were at night. Both featured a different method of thought than I am used to. Both had me speaking in a voice other than my normal one. Both had me revealing my emotional positions more easily than usual. Both were temporary and did not last very long. Both had me feeling unusually happy and centered; as if I had just finished successfully meditating or something.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i'm no expert on possession, but it sounds like some sort of kundalini experience. mainly cos you mentioned trouble with speaking, and the sudden mood swings.
Both of these are symptoms of an awakened kundalini which may have been caused by meditating.
There is some info about kundalini and possession at:
www.kundalini.se...

It may be of some use.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You forgot one more commonality between the events: you were talking to the same person.

People can have affects on other people like this.

You're not being possessed and it really don't have much to do with you I don't think. It's her.

It could be some sort of unintentional pychic attack from her. Ask how other people feel when they talk to this person.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Faceless]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
no_name, I wasn't meditating. thanks for the link. the site you gave me is full of good info. ive been absorbing it ever since! thanks!

faceless, yes... you're right. I forgot that common tie that it happened with the same person. that is a possibility considering that a) it happened with the same person and b) after I dated her and dumped her within a month, it never happened again. but she didn't really seem to be the metaphysical type...I never considered that before. most intriguing...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well it really isn't necessary for her to be the metaphysical type, or to even be aware of that she is doing it.

I'm am highly confident that this is what happened its more common than you think but not as bad as what happened to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yeah it could well be her, i've never known anyone be able to influence anyone like that though. maybe she has a few demons floating around her.
anyone ever experienced an intentional direct pyschic attack from someone?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've never experienced one but I have read of many. They're all pretty much the same as Omega's experience just with varying degrees of intensity.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
sounds like you took some extacy

if not, then maybe u just really like the girl

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sniper, yes, the experience was very much like what I have gathered about taking X. The rush of euphoria and absolute happiness (serotonin waterfall, as I call it) was very similar. I assure you, nothing of the sort was involved in this matter. There were no external influences that I knew about that had any involvement in this matter (no drugs).

I did really like her, but ended up making a grave mistake: trading her in for another lovely lady. one who ended up being quite the handler, herself. the emotional drain from the latter was quite devestating and took a long time to repair.

my biggest questions about this situation are that if it was a possession, what kind of entity was it and why did it not last longer? it seemed like a pleasant presence, but I can't be sure at this point.

the funny thing is that I do have the genetics that have been known to conduce such possessions and my life has been riddled with subtle, yet internal, paranormal instances. nothing major like spotting a ghost or ufos, but quite curious indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It wasn't possession. If it had been, it is unlikely that you would have had any control of your body at all.
The reason I say this is that those who have been possessed explain that all control is taken over by the entity. Many can't even remember the possession al all. Those who can remember say that they felt fear, which is the opposite of what you felt.

I think it probably a case of your emotions releasing themselves (for example Alcohol has been known to do that, hence the comment 'its the booze talking'). You also were trying to date the girl, which implies a strong emotional link.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Pisky, nothing you are saying explains why I had the wavy voice, or the voice that was different than my normal one. Thanks for trying, anyway.

I was completely sober in both instances. I have strong emotional control (in a certain degree), so perhaps I am not so easily compromised by entities as you may think. My memory is quite incredible and has never been compromised. I can even recall drunken instances, regardless of how badly I indulged myself. No action that I take is without an authorization system by my mind (even when not sober). THere have been only two instances where I passed out against my will or without authorization, one was triggered by some kind of vaccination when I was 5 and the other happened more recently with a fluorite crystal generator.

I have liked girls before and after this event (duh, right?) and have never, repeat, never had such an event with any other romantic interest past or present.

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nothing unexplainable here man.

Psychic attack (albeit unintentional).

Do search for info on them and you'll see it fits.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Seems kinda psychological to me...
Ive sometimes said things I didnt want to, just because I was tired of not saying them.

But it easily could be that she has emotional/psychic sway over you without realizing it.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
But it easily could be that she has emotional/psychic sway over you without realizing it.

Yes quite possibly, i'm still trying to emotionally sort out a couple things; without dwelling too much on the subject I basically regretted things that should've happened that never did, mostly because of myself. Its interesting to see someone else exhibit the same symptoms as myself in regards to the main thread topic. I did take a few weeks out of my life to meditate daily and keep a jar on my emotions. If anyone has any suggestions for emotional distress i'd sure like to hear, im all ears when it comes to things i know i'll need up the road.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well , I have to admit that I am confused, because is kinda sounds like to holy spirit. But... I only say this because you said you felt calm , and happy, really happy. Let me ask you a stupid question, did it feel like warm molasses was being poured on you? Ok I know that sounded weird but thats the only way I know how to describe it. Anywho, besides that I can tell you my story.

Ther were two brothers, they were into the occult devil worshipping stuff pretty serious. Well That started to try to come to church, they had lots of problems, and the were getting scared of what they got themselves into. Anyways my wifes dad was praying for one in a bedroom, while the other was being prayed for in the living room. Keep in mind they cant hear each other , and they are far away from each other. Well as soon as the kid in the hallway accepted Christ, the brother in the other room freaking flipped his lid and started to try and rip his skin off, his voice changed, so did his eyes. Then it stopped and he remembered nothing. Weird huh?

Somtimes people would get prayed for by my father in law, he would pray with and he would say somthing along the lines of " and in jesus name you are not going to feel tempted to do this anymore" and they would look up real quick and big eyed and say in a scary ass voive, "THEY WONT LET ME" and then go back to praying, When asked what they said , they would calmly say, "I didn't say anything" This happened with multiple people over years of time. Weird huh?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by infovacume]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i don't think you were possessed. I have witnessed several possessions and those who were possessed spoke in tongues, twisted and contorted their bodies in ways i can't even describe and had no memory or control of their possessions.

I think your feelings for this girl and the effect she possess on you is the cause of your strange behavior while on the phone with her. Young love can make you do crazy stuff. I can remember my voice changing and becoming more husky and feeling totally happy after having a long conversation with my bf at the time. What you are feeling is probably love for this girl and you just don't know it yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
infovacume, well... that is exactly what it felt like. A positively angelic possession. The clarity, the ease of thought and the overall natural feelings... and YES it did feel very warm. I remember covering myself in my bedspread so I could bask in my own newfound warmth (similar to that feeling when you wake up on a cold morning and want to enjoy those last few moments of comfort before you get up). And that's what I have alluded to in my previous post about subtle instances of the paranormal.

One instance of this, and please don't take me as a nut, because I am talking about the truth here: when my mother was pregnant with me, she heard a child's voice speak to her at least twice. One time was when she was asleep on a roadtrip to the beach, my father, who was driving, fell asleep and almost crashed into the guardrail. She says that the voice said "wake up. wake up. wake up." and once she did awaken, she was able to prevent the accident that was about to happen. The other time was less dramatic; she said she had a lot on her mind and couldnt sleep, and the same high-pitched voice said "sleep. try to relax and sleep." or something along those lines. NO she does not have a history of hearing voices and neither do I. This only happened when she had me in her womb. What does that mean? Well, I am not sure as of yet.

Fascinating story about how your family helped save those two young men. What happened there definitely seemed to have been some kind of demonic possession and I am happy that they were able to have been recovered. I think positive faith, in moderation, can be beneficial to all people, and what you have said is a proven example. Incredible that there were changes in their eyes as well... it would seem that demonic possessions are more common, but almost always because they are pursued. Why there is more information on black magic than its holy opposite disappoints me, but I understand why this is. It's a sad fact that truly holy things are suppressed in this society.

shidge and world watcher...thanks for your input but.. once
again...it wasn't just out of love. I knew I really liked the girl already. I am pretty darn sure that it wasn't love. This is mostly because I feel even more deeply in love with another girl that I met afterwards and nothing like that event happened with her. I also say this because a month into our relationship, I left her to be with a person I felt more attracted to. Yes, I know... sleazy (you're probably thinking: typical MAN!!!!). The sleaziest thing I have done in my life, admittedly. Never going to do that again because I knew it was wrong beforehand and I learned my lesson:

The replacement was a real piece of emotional hell which will bring me into dark project's reply:

DP, I am not totally sure of what kind of emotional distress you are speaking of. I'm speculating that you're talking about one of two things: 1. you never acted upon a possible relationship or suspected outright unrequited love. That's some seriously tough #, and if that's what you are dealing with, I wish you the best of luck. Please U2U me so I can offer you advice on a personal level.
2. If you're talking about a situation similar to the one I faced, which is dealing with a long-term relationship that posed a severe emotional drain upon yourself, then the quickest and most simple thing I can recommend is smoking. Seriously. Just do it once if you have never done it before, but take care never to do it again if that is against your beliefs. You may laugh about the crappy relationship or you may cry about it (like I did after my first time), but the end result is that your psyche will be repaired and reestablished and you will know what you need to do. Within a week of my first experience, I called the girl and said, with much precaution for her feelings, "You know... it's been great, but..."

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Maybe I shouldn't call it a psychic "attack" because it wasn't negative.

More like psychic interference.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So, judging by the majority of these responses, not many people are informed as to the possibilities of being possessed or influenced by a positive or "good" force?

I am also thinking that possessions that manifest in the manners most of you have discussed are known as some of the more "evil" varieties. This seems to be the most popular type of possession, as well, but I doubt that it is the only kind. Considering that there appear to be two major 'polarities' between entities and personalities (usually considered to be good and evil), I am quite sure that there exists the possibility for possession by a positively benevolent entity. Hasn't anyone had similar experiences with such nice forces?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's the effect girls have on us men. If you really like the girl and care about her then you'd feel completely vulnerable, and all that takes is hearing her voice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join