It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGGEST Ponzi Scheme about to hit the fan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
no the fed is running a pyramid scheme, portrayed on the back of the dollar bill

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

"Fonzi Scheme" LMAO I like it. Just heard on the MSM the the Fed Reserve is putting a new Band-Aid on the "owwie" All its going to do is give more time for the scammers to rape more money from the public.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Where does this $50 billion figure come from?
Is it the total paid in or the total that has disappeared?

More importantly where has the money gone to?

I bet it isn't sitting in Mr Made-off's bank account.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve is the greatest enemy of every American living today.

We were screwed royally in 1913 when Woodrow Wilson handed us over to this banking cartel, and he even lamented for it later:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world - no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
-President Woodrow Wilson

Andrew Jackson actually fought off the first wave of Federal Reservists who had tried to take control of America. He was our only President to ever pay off our National Debt because of these banking institutions...

Here is a good quote:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

pssst...The Federal Reserve is a private bank...

But America is not the only Nation being ripped asunder by this cancerous growth known as The Federal Reserve, the same men who started the FED were the wonderful descendants of fractional reserve bankers from Europe:

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough money to buy it back again.... Take this power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the banks and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit."
-Sir Josiah Stamp,
director of the Bank of England during the years 1928-1941

The people of EARTH need to rise up and DESTROY these banks and bankers off of the face of this planet.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by verylowfrequency

great idea

How do we get this to become a national movement?

No income taxes in 2009!

Protest the bailout, don't pay a cent in income tax in 2009!

or something along those lines

I refuse to pay income taxes EVER, you all do realize that income taxes are ILLEGAL right? The IRS has no legal right to force you to pay them, the only power that the IRS has is of course ignorance...

[edit on 12/16/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree with the post about the trillions in derivatives about to implode. When that happens it will be the trigger that will cause panic. The week before the banker bailout was the Little Panic. The derivatives implosion will cause the Big Panic.

I was intensely against the banker bailout and I'm against any other bailout. The Fed should be abolished. It's so irritating that the mainstream media acts like the whole country depends on the Fed.

When the Little Panic prior to the banker bailout happened, I thought of the movie IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Old Mr. Potter (the Fed) comes in to rescue the Bailey's Savings & Loan because it can't find it's money. Then, lo and behold, Mr. Potter will own the whole town!

Question... when will the real collapse and panic happen? I've been hearing February 2009. A couple of weeks ago, my intuition said that we will somehow make it through 2009 with prop up tactics and a slew of bad news, but 2010 would be the onset of The Depression.

What do y'all financial types think? Will the unknown trillions in derivatives fall like a house of cards? When? How fast?

Obviously, if and when the Big Panic happens... it's going to be every man for himself and those stocked for survival (see Survival board) will do better than others... right? or are we really pretty doomed? Financial professionals please advise.

(yes, I did listen to the Peter Schiff ATS show, which was outstanding!)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I really don't think they can keep it together too far into '09. Lets see how markets, currencies, and credit markets deal with ZIRP (Zero interest rate policy) beyond today. In doing this the yield curve has flattened (little difference between long and short rate) and this is how banks make money, borrow short and lend long. When there is no difference between long and short rates banks don't have the spread necessary to make money. The Japanese ZIRP experience turned the Yen into the vehicle for the international "carry-trade". Will the dollar be the new preferred carry currency? We've got a slight lull in mortgage resets right now but next year we get the next wave of Option-ARM and ALT-A resets coming up, meaning more foreclosures and further housing declines. With everything going on in equities and business credit a new bubble has been blown. This time in Treasuries. When not if that bursts, the consequences will most likely alter the globe.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
jefwane... when you say "alter the globe"... are we talking a war of some kind? I'm no economist, but it seems like Hitler used militarization and war to get out of economic pain and in a sense, FDR putting the entire USA on war footing and cranking out all those planes, tanks, and such actually provided a big stimulus to the economy. Do you see militarization and war as the next phase of this when economic chaos reaches a fever pitch? I hope not, but I kinda suspect as much. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It should be interesting to see how much the victims of this scam will be rewarded considering the $500,000.00 per customer ceiling the SIPC is suppose to have.

According to the SIPC web site there may be additional funds available after the cost of liquidating the brokerage firm is taken into account but from the looks of it there probably wont be much $ available.

It wouldn't be to far off course for the fed to step in and bail them out as well. After all its only around $50 billion or so right? Thats nothing these days.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
this ponzi scheme is very small if you compare it with the ponzi scheme the war in iraq,where trillions dollars and a million lifes were lost and the perpetrator is not even arrested but honored. think about this.my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join