It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the ancients could have moved large stones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I came across an interesting website that shows how one man can manipulate huge stones and thought that I'd share it with ATS readers. Below is the background from the inventive individual, describing how he started down this path. I hope all find this as interesting as I did.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

At one of these times, about 12 years ago, I had to remove some 1200 lb. saw cut concrete blocks from an existing floor. The problem was that we did not have a machine that could reach some of the blocks. The only obvious answer was to break the blocks into smaller pieces with a sledgehammer and load them into a wheelbarrow. To me, this seemed to be too much labor at the time, so I improvised.
Using a few rocks and leverage, I removed the blocks from below the floor to an area that the machine could reach them for removal. After doing this several times, the technique became very easy and quick. This experience had me consider the possibility that people may have used this technique before modern day equipment was available
Nine years later, after retiring, I decided to explore this on my own. I brought home a one ton block of concrete from a job. Once I got home, I realized that I had to use my techniques to get the block off the truck. After unloading, I found that my technique allowed me to move the block around the yard with very little effort. At that time, my family became very interested in what their "crazy dad" was up to " this time".
In a few days time, I decided my one ton block was no longer challenging, so I made some bigger blocks to play with. Within a few months time, I was moving, rolling, standing on end, and stacking them on top of each other.
I found that I, working alone, could easily move a 2400 lb. block 300 ft. per hour with little effort, and a 10,000 lb. block at 70 ft. per hour. I also stood two 8 ft. 2400 lb. blocks on end and placed another 2400 lb. block on top. This took about two hours per block. I found that one man, working by himself, without the use of wheels, rollers, pulleys, or any type of hoisting equipment could perform the task.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

[edit: added required EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i thought you alredy knew, the aliens came and lifyed those big blocks for the ancient people. gosh everyone knows that. No realy that sounds cool and you might be on to something there. have you done much research on the topic or did you just have an idea and go with it. anywho good work man and hope to see this in action. you got a camera?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
A very cerebral approach my friend, yet you failed to address one key thing.
Sand, it is impossible to move such weight as easily as you did at home or on the job site due to sand grainds shifting and compressing under the weight of the sane.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow that is some pretty interesting stuff. I wish I could see more pictures and get more info without buying the CD though =(

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Here's a video of his technique in action:

Most likely the techniques used to build Coral Castle, not that the "he did it using ancient magnets and aliens" crowd would believe it, however.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

What is interesting about the technique in the vidio is that there is no record of it ever having been used.

In our society if we want to move something we rustle up the bigest machine, pulley, lever or whatever we can buy or rent and and put it to work. Brute force can move anything.

But our mystical 4000 year old predesessors were credited with using incredibly impressive, precise techniques to do feats that today we could only do by the grace of Caterpillar and huge cranes.

The Great Pyramid, for instance, contained enough stone to build a wall several meters high hundreds of miles long all fitted closely enough together to be water tight. All with perfect architectural design.

Maybe they were just smarter back then?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
S&F for you.

I hate how a conspiracy book based on no research gets 70 flags in the science and technology forum but amazing ones such as this that show the ingenuity of one individual slip by.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Not really. Yes, using a machine and using small rocks only takes one guy, but a guy with a machine can achieve the same results a lot quicker, more precisely, and more safely. I'd say we've progressed a lot in a few thousand years.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Exactly what I thought when I read this. Edward had said he found out the secret of the ancients that built the pyramids. I would be willing to bet also that this is how he did it.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I wouldn't. There's alot to be said for harmonics.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Not really
reply to post by dave420

So you have studied the Great Pyrimid and you conclude that it could have been done with small rocks and pieces of wood?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I know for a fact this is not how Ed Leedskalnin did it.

If Ed Leedskalnin used these primitive labor methods mentioned, it would have been noticed by many of Ed's curious spies who tried to figure out how he did it while he was doing it. It wouldn't be such a mysterious case today, as it would have been plainly obvious to any observers. The FACT remains, no body was able to see how he did it.

Obviously you would notice the extreme amount of wood needed to accomplish these tasks. There is no documented information of Ed having access to that much wood. Nor any information about people seeing him use wood to move the blocks.

Actually this "forgotten technology" video is an insult to the few people who actually know how the rocks were moved.

Would you like to know? I will give you a hint. Everything is electromagnetic, every atom... The Earth IS a huge magnet, that is documented and a scientific fact.

Now think about a cell phone, on vibrate, vibrating across a table by itself. The cell phone is microscopically levitating, at a frequency.

Now think about how to sustain that process, and amplify it, and up-scale it.

---

If you truly believe that current day science 'knows everything' you would be highly mistaking. There are sciences developed by the study of natural sciences, that are still not documented, and not available to the public. They are scientific discoveries which don't need to be known by the common man.

Think of it like a family trade secret.

Like a chef's special secret recipe.

In the end, its right in front of your nose, and anyone can learn it if they have eyes to see, ears to hear, or in the chef's case, a mouth to taste.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the pyramids were built through ingenious techniques and manpower...and they were NOT built in 20 years! it was longer...talking about giza.If you dont have anything fancy you have to improvise...BUT baalbek has me stumped...

How in the world they cut that and dragged it i have absolutely no scooby...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Solomon, that is a very good example. It is showing that it would be impossible to move that with wood. Wood will snap and crush, and it will flatten out like paper with all the TONS of force. And I don't think they had trees and mills big enough to produce wood big enough to move that...

I wish I could tell you the secret of secrets, but I'm sure science MAY find out soon anyway, after all they are looking for the "God Particle" with the particle accelerator.

You know, inside every electron is infinite energy that can not be created or destroyed. If you could tap that infinite energy, you could do some pretty "God like" things. For instance, with enough energy you can bond metal together, also known as "welding", but with infinite energy you could WELD ROCKS. With enough energy you can "cook" things to a much higher temperature, much like the temperatures found in the core of Earth. With enough energy, you can create your own EARTH.

You get infinite energy, and hook it to an electromagnet, then set it out into space for a few 100 years, and you will collect more and more mass over time, and create your own PLANET.

Science today is looking for a way to tap the infinite energy. They are set on a wild goose chase too, because the MAIN PROBLEM is that IT IS SO EASY THAT THEY WILL NEVER FIGURE IT OUT. They are like a bunch of 'over thinkers', and they foggy the path of knowledge by separating things into groups and over complicating things.

They don't understand, the Universe is not that complex, if it was, it would never have been created. Nature, and the universe is actually much more simple, this is why the universe came together elegantly and easily with little effort. That is why life is found in almost every spot on Earth. The entire process is simple.

Building a computer, or building a car engine, sounds like a complicated thing to do, but when you know, it's easy. Much like this universe.... building it would seem pretty complicated, if you don't know how it was done...

Actually, I am not very surprised the secret isn't fully out yet.. It would be like giving God's keys to the universe to your enemies.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Would you like to know? I will give you a hint. Everything is electromagnetic, every atom... The Earth IS a huge magnet, that is documented and a scientific fact.

Now think about a cell phone, on vibrate, vibrating across a table by itself. The cell phone is microscopically levitating, at a frequency.

Now think about how to sustain that process, and amplify it, and up-scale it.

I really hope you are joking about this.

For those who don't understand this is a joke check out this website to see how a phone vibrator works. Essentially it is a mechanical effect and has nothing to do with electromagnetic levitation.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, I don't think your mind is qualified enough to comprehend the knowledge I am giving you...

Everyone knows how a vibrator works LOL. It's just a weight and a motor. You totally missed the HINT I gave you.

For the record, I never said a vibrator is "electromagnetic levitation", how in the world did you mistake that??

Read a bit more about quantum physics and you will understand a bit better.... here is an example:

When you bounce a basketball, it never physically touches the ground. Never at any point does the ball touch the ground, because electromagnetic forces repel the ball. It may look like the ball touches the ground, but on the quantum scale there is a GAP of REPULSION.

When ANYTHING vibrates, there is a moving force\energy inside the object. If you vibrate it with sound, or with weight (like a cell phone), or if you vibrate it with pure electrical/magnetic force, you have to understand that the object is acting like the basketball.

Don't focus on HOW its vibrating, focus on WHAT IS HAPPENING WHILE IT IS VIBRATING.

While a cell phone is vibrating, the phone is "jumping" into the air multiple times. On a quantum scale the jumps would be huge, but to human eyes we don't notice the jumps. THINK ABOUT HOW THE JUMP CAN BE AMPLIFIED.

In the end EVERYTHING IS ELECTROMAGNETIC. That is a proven fact already. You must think of every particle of mass as a really small magnet, which it is. The cell phone is electromagnetic, the vibrator motor, and weight, is electromagnetic. Everything is electromagnetic.

This information is the KEY to levitation of stones, not the full answer. I would be a moron to tell you the full answer.

You can figure it out, just start looking at things like they are made of very small sphere magnets, and you will discover a million new things every day. No doubt.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

You make it sound as if you KNOW how the egyptians moved their stones.

Impossible unless you were there!

Just one theory amongst many and to not accept that other ways were maybe possible and probably probable is dumb.

Originally posted by: by ALLis0NE:

I would be a moron to tell you the full answer.

And arrogant not to, or just ignorant if you can't.

Tell me then. Explain if you please. How do I levitate a large stone by electromagnetics?

Originally posted by: by ALLis0NE:

Wood will snap and crush, and it will flatten out like paper with all the TONS of force.

That must be why they use wood to lay train tracks on then. You know..the ones that carry hundreds of tons of metal every day!

And to tell someone their mind isn't qualified enough to understand proves your arrogance....sorry.

A knowledgable mind can still be small you know, but of course, you knew that already didn't you?
Good luck with your little atoms eh!

[edit on 19/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
You make it sound as if you KNOW how the egyptians moved their stones.

Impossible unless you were there!

I do know how they did it, because actually, the Egyptians were not the only people who knew how to do it. The pyramids in Egypt are not the only place where people moved massive stones, you know that?

Just one theory amongst many and to not accept that other ways were maybe possible and probably probable is dumb.

nerbot, 2 years ago I discovered how to levitate rocks, by actually doing it, in person, hence the reason why I am here telling you. Ed Leedskalnin straight tells you how he did it in his writings. Heck even John Hutchinson can tell you how to do it.

And arrogant not to, or just ignorant if you can't.

Do you realize the weapons that can be made with "anti-gravity"?????? That is my reason.

Tell me then. Explain if you please. How do I levitate a large stone by electromagnetics?

You negatively charge the stone with electrons from Earth's electron collection. The Earth is a negative charge. "Likes repel", "opposites attract". I won't however tell you how to negatively charge the rocks, that's the secret.

I wrote an entire thread about how gravity is just magnetism, and what I learned from Ed Leedskalnin, the Egyptians, and many other places. However, like expected, everyone thinks "its just theory". All I have to say is, the "cathode ray tube" was invented BEFORE it helped scientist like Einstein discover how electrons work. Sometimes, but very rarely, the invention will come before the scientific discovery.

That must be why they use wood to lay train tracks on then. You know..the ones that carry hundreds of tons of metal every day!

nerbot, do you realize that the metal train rails are spreading the weight evenly across multiple pieces of wood?? No single piece of wood has the entire weight on it, the weight is spread across the wood. This is why it is possible. Also, it is documented that the wood does flatten and break and bend, which is why they have a 24/7 crew service monitoring and replacing all bad wood ties. I watched a whole show about it.

And to tell someone their mind isn't qualified enough to understand proves your arrogance....sorry.

Sometimes it is completely obvious to tell when someone knows nothing of a certain subject. Hence the reason why I said that. Once you can get your mind qualified, come back and talk to me.

A knowledgable mind can still be small you know, but of course, you knew that already didn't you?
Good luck with your little atoms eh!

When I said "not qualified enough" I meant, "you don't know enough about the subject". Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Gosh darn it, another old conspiracy theory bites the dust.

That' amazing.
Leave it to an American redneck to solve one of the world's biggest mysteries using forgotten technology.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are many things with this "forgotten technology" that is laughable.

First, the guy formed his cement blocks above ground. Ed Leedskalnin, the Egyptians, and many others CUT THE BLOCKS OUT FROM THE FLAT GROUND. Do you know how to cut a perfect cube from the ground? Do you know how to cut the bottom? Once you make all 5 cuts to make a cube, do you know how to get something under it and lift it up? Certainly can't get wood under it, while it is in the ground. You would have to lift it straight up.

Most Egyptian blocks, and 1 or 2 of Ed's, were 30 TONS, the most I have seen the guy move with "forgotten technology" is about 2 tons. I think he mentioned 10 tons, but that does not even come close to 30 ton rocks made by Ed and Egyptians and others. 30 tons is an insane amount of weight to put on wood, or metal.

Actually I used to work near an indoor crane system that was rated at 30 tons. It was about 40 feet tall and 40 feet long, only about 4 feet wide. Shaped like the trim around your doorways. It was made with about 5 tons of steel. That's a whole lot of steel to lift 30 tons. Wonder how much wood it would take to move something with 30 tons? To much....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join