It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Oversight Board created

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
hey all,

my friend sent me this link today:
cop.senate.gov...

so we have a congressional oversight board now. They are asking "questions" ten apparently to be exact, one having to do with the fed reserve and some having to do with the bailout monies.

there are four members to it, the "leader" a law teacher type from harvard, named

sooo will this work?? how can americans (no brits, but aussies allowed
on these congressional guys about our 2 trillion? can this align with goals of abolishin the fed or should we save that battle for another day?

post away guys, dig in!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Thanks for that link. It is making it into my bookmarks. They are slated to report on their findings every 30 days, so it will be good to keep following up on how they plan to decipher the "screw the taxpayer" plan.

However, while it is a good idea, I think it is too little too late for this.

Elizabeth Warren sounds like she cares about the issues at hand and I know that their feedback link is going to get worn out. I just dont know what they plan to accomplish other than to confirm what many already know, being that this was orchestrated and we are screwed no matter what. I doubt they can do much at all beyond that. Perhaps they can stop it from getting any worse, if thats even possible. The promise full disclosure to the taxpaying public, but I highly doubt that will be the case. More likely just enough to make people feel like they are being kept informed.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Just finished reading the report.

Seems that as the answers are slow to come, the choices made by Treasury under it's authority as defined in the act is making choices that do not reflect the purpose of TARP.

There should transparency or the act should be repealed.

join