It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian to be blinded with acid for doing same to woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Iranian to be blinded with acid for doing same to woman

www.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- An Iranian woman, blinded by a jilted stalker who threw acid in her face, has persuaded a court to sentence him to be blinded with acid himself under Islamic law demanding an eye for an eye.

Ameneh Bahrami refused to accept "blood money." She insisted instead that her attacker suffer a fate similar to her own "so people like him would realize they do not have the right to throw acid in girls' faces," she told the Tehran Provincial Court.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ho ! What a travesty of justice !
Commit one crime to punish another. Is this the 21 st century we are living in?

The entire concept of blood money and honor killing - I just find it disgusting. This has been rooted deep in the Islam religion and even modern society has no way of stopping it.

It is this idea of tit for tat or revenge that has lead to the common belief that Islam is a religion of violence. I, though not a Muslim, would tend to disagree.

I feel that if a crime has been committed then try the person in the court and sentence him to an appropriate punishment.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I feel that if a crime has been committed then try the person in the court and sentence him to an appropriate punishment.

Doctors say there is no chance Bahrami will recover her vision, despite repeated operations, including medical care in Spain partially paid for by Iran's reformist former president, Mohammed Khatami, who was in power when the attack took place.
www.cnn.com...

They did want to remove her eyes surgically, she learned, for fear they would become infected, potentially leading to a fatal infection of her brain.

But she refused to allow it, both because she was not sure she could handle it psychologically, and because she thought her death would be easier for her family to bear.

"If I had died, my family would probably be sad for a year and mourn my death, and then they would get used to it," she told the court. "But now every day they look at me and see that I am slowly wasting away."

www.cnn.com...

What is an appropriate punishment when the victim was blinded by a jilted stalker who threw acid in her face and NEVER have her vision returned?? 3 square meals, TV he can watch with his perfectly fine vision, heat/ac in a protected cell, etc etc?

Eh. Sorry, I dont feel sorry for the evil piece of crap.

I find it HORRIBLE that the suffering (punishment) a disgusting person like this receives is ALWAYS less then the suffering they inflicted upon their victim. Justice???? No, its not. Should be the other way around IMO
In this case looks like its equal. Better then LESS!!

[edit on 12/14/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I love this kind of Justice.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's the only way he will ever learn that was the wrong thing to do. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join