It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT REQUEST any Members Live near Mt Baker USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I sincerely doubt they would hold back information. If that were the case, they would of held it back with Mt. St. Helens when she was getting ready to blow. I just feel like you are sounding an alarm when none is needed. Sorry.

Tela

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Well thanks. Despite the naysayers, I think you are on to something here, and you indeed may have an exclusive. 7 months of data withheld is just plain abnormal. I'm sure this must be driving you nuts enough to want to go out there and take pictures/video yourself. I know how it can get sometimes with ATS obsessions.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well thanks. Despite the naysayers, I think you are on to something here, and you indeed may have an exclusive. 7 months of data withheld is just plain abnormal. I'm sure this must be driving you nuts enough to want to go out there and take pictures/video yourself. I know how it can get sometimes with ATS obsessions.

Lol yep....

I can be quite articulate when i take my time too lol.

I have sent off a few very well framed emails , and having experience within working in Psychiatry behaviour modification and also having workied in Sales and sales management, I am VERY surprised that I have not had one reply yet.

especially as it means this could as I explained make things seem as they were not, if no one replied.

Missing Data

The Official Website down.

A big business opportunity and free advertising by the Photographer missed... could be Christmas though, holidays...

The Original Op.

All very very strange.... esp with the Geo report...

If you can true American try and Mail (request read receipt, I dont have that at mo) phone someone at the Uni or USGS as you are in America they might listen more.....

Kind regards,

Elf.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Also last year:

Mount Baker - Something is Happening
Mount Baker is attracting attention. Not because an eruption is imminent, but because there is some activity beneath the volcano and a lack of understanding about it. A major eruption at Mount Baker would impact millions of people in Seattle and nearby communities. Scientists at Western Washington University are conducting field work and monitorning supported by a National Science Foundation Grant.

Geology.Com May 07

Now the rest of the story does not exist on the site, and has been removed, so if any one can find an archive of the full story that would be great.

Here is the article linked to by the broken link on geology.com.

article

I noticed the article was dated May 1st 2007 and linked to the seattlepi.com website, so I did a search there for 'Mt. Baker' and looked for any article modified on May 1st 07. It actually links to the seattle times website. Perhaps the fact that one paper's site was linking to another explains the broken link on geology.com.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by soma_pills]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

When I get some time on a clear day (it's been snowing & I have 18 inches on the ground) I'll try to get some better pictures or at least a bit closer. The roads have been hazardous the past couple of days and we have another storm approaching scheduled to hit by late Saturday.

I don't have my 4X4 anymore or a snowmobile so I'm a bit limited to paved well plowed roads, but I think I can closer when time and weather allows.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I can see Mt Baker from where I live across the border in BC. It doesn't appear to have changed in appearance as far as I can tell.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thank you Violet.

You are lucky to live in such a wonderful landscape.

You are right we don't seem to be able to see anything different from the accounts posted so far.

I suppose though as it is such a huge Mountain, if only a part of it had melted it would be difficult to see.

Also the original source said from the Air it was visible which I am finding really difficult to get a recent view of.

The West side to has no sightings yet I can find due to its inhospitable nature.

keep your eyes and ears open, and if you anyone who flies the area, ask them to have a peek?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

Soma you are a star thank you, going to read the whole article now.

reply to post by verylowfrequency

Ive been thinking about that myself, the recent snow there and that it may cause any Melt as described to be covered over.

If the snow fall is greater than the Melt it could keep it looking fresh for a while, the ultimate camoflage ...

Don't go to any danger yourself verylowfrequency.

Has there been any unusual activity in the area like more scientists etc, or any rumours besides on here?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Read this USGS link.
pubs.usgs.gov...

If you want to have a danger level page that is kept up to date go here:

volcano.wr.usgs.gov...

Activity Update: All volcanoes in the Cascade Range are at normal levels of background seismicity. These include Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens, and Mount Adams in Washington State; Mount Hood, Mount Jefferson, Three Sisters, Newberry Volcano, and Crater Lake, in Oregon; and Medicine Lake volcano, Mount Shasta, and Lassen Peak in northern California.

Level now is green.

When something happens, then youll see people responding. At the moment, enjoy the calm.

Peace

[edit on 20-12-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The current webicorder display (seismic recorder) seems to be showing some uncharacteristic activity. I've been watching these for a few days now and they are normally stone quiet (although there seems to be a large *something* once every day or so with the same pattern...likely something external or a system test or something). Anyway, the current view is showing some activity. It's not huge but it is definitely out of line with the last several days of records. Probably nothing.

current view as of 2 AM PST, 12/21/08

more typical display

edit: just occurred to me this could be due to weather, and the area is getting some substantial storms right now...like I said...probably nothing.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by soma_pills]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

Statistics can be deceptive. As an example, carrots cause cancer.
Why? Because 98% of all people who have had cancer eat carrots.

Pick any day of recording and most of the time you will see that there is disturbance of some type some where. We are on a fault line. The earth is always moving, and the plates are grinding away.

This page has recent activity of records all along the coast. Id be more concerned about something like this...

www.pnsn.org...
Scan through and take a look at all of the other locations and see its not so unusual at all.

www.pnsn.org...

Nothing unusual, merely business as usual.

Its easy to get spooked by looking at singular data. But on a global level, seismic action activity happens much more then many people may think.
Take a look at this report of recent earthquakes around the world and the map that goes with it. To some it would appear alarming. To others, just another day of seismic activity.
neic.usgs.gov...

Peace

[edit on 21-12-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

MT Baker has been emitting a lot of heat from the Sherman Crater area since 1975, when an apparent Magma injection into its chamber took place .. on cold winter days from Vancouver/Victoria, Bellingham (i think) U can see a conspicuous stream column above the crater .. it has a melt area & sulfur deposits around the steam vent ... so I pretty much guarantee U will see something up there as it is a known feature ....

mt. baker volcano observatory :

www.mbvo.wwu.edu...

[edit on 9/1/09 by geogeek]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There's a funny-looking cloud-cap over the mountain today.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

Thank you,

How so?

As in a separate cloud to the mount or is it actually appearing as if it is from on the cap?

Any chance of a Photo? or description, does it look like steam?

Colour size shape etc.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It was unusual, and happened twice on that day...but still haven't heard word of any volcanic activity...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
BUMP PLEASE SEE THE DATE ON THE FIRST POST!!!!!!

SO BUMP but only in relation to the following:

reason recent uplift in Oregon lots of dead birds everywhere, quakes in unexpected places ie langley lol, the ecents at Yellowstone a couple of years ago... I think it is important to keep an eye on all geological info at the moment in the USA.

How is Rainer?

Of concern maybe linked?

New Activity at Mt. Rainier Confirmed to Be Seismic (...or ICE?), Right here on ATS!

Is this happening across the cascades of just one place specific?

Lets get an eye on all the SEVEN SISTERS for both the historical records of what they can do, and the prophecies, if one goes it is meant to be just the start.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join