It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my workplace is haunted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I work at the Toys R Us in Everett, Washington. Ever since I started working there, I have felt odd in some areas of the store. I constantly see movement and things out of the corner of my eye and when I look, nothing is there. I have an odd ability to feel when anything is nearby and i get it alot there. In the back storage room there is a metal garage door that is usually shut. A co-worker and I have both experienced times where, when we started walking out of the area, there was a loud bang on the door. It happens continuously since I started a year and a half ago. One of my co-workers also had a door open by itself when he was in an office. And apparently there is evidence of ghosts upstairs although I have never been up there. And in the baby section, every time my co-workers and I go in there, we either get dizzy, get headaches, or have old injuries act up randomly and get better the moment we leave the area. What's going on? Is it just our imaginations plus coincidence? Or is it something more?

Additional Details:
What I mean by "evidence of ghosts" is like drastic temperature drops and strange feelings. And most of the experiences with some co-workers were with me not there. And I didn't even think about it being haunted till I talked to my co-workers about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You think yours is haunted. Try mine. I work in a hospital and believe me when I say weird stuff happens all the time. Especially in ICU at night. We have nurses that won't even work back there at night because of the crazy things that happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Get a camera at the ready, or if you cant get a camera handy at your work place use your cell phone.
It would be great evidence to your exp with what has happened to you with some photograph of the said event.
It will give some measure to your claim. And if you can get a true manifestation then we all have something to go upon other than written words.
While the written word is mostly good enough for me. Pictures and or videos can really add that needed flavor to a haunting case.

But in this day and age, a 6 year old can hoax a ghost picture or video.
However its fairly easy to the trained mind and eye what is fake, hoax or otherwise fraud.

Hauntings in a work place can make for some good times however. I would have fun with this. Ive worked in haunted places and used it to my advantage to creep out co workers, and play pranks.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can try to get any pics. The other weird thing is I didn't even know it was maybe haunted yet I felt (i have an odd ability to feel the presence of spirits and how many are there) there was one black creature with four legs that hangs out near the baby section. One time I saw it clear as day not out of the corner of my eye as usual. It started out in the corner of my eye and then I looked up and saw it. It was running very fast so I couldn't make out any details other than it was all black and ran on four legs and was about the size of a tall cat only it appeared to be made of shadow and when it ran behind me and I turned to look, it was gone. Also, I felt the presence of a man who hangs out in the back room as well. And also, when one of my co-workers said she felt uncomfortable going upstairs I nodded and said that I felt there may be ghosts. She asked how many did I think. I closed my eyes and said "five". Later, another co-worker told me that there were multiple ghosts that some employees thought were upstairs and that's why no one goes up there. Oe more thing, I was also told just yesterday at work that our store is less than a mile away from a large cemetary. Any more thoughts?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by agentshadowfox

Can you give more detail on the door that opens itself?

Banging on a door really isn't all that significant of an event to me. Metal doors can bang by them self if the temperature changes. While nothing of that sort has happened to me that I remember (and I likely would not remember) I know the metal sink in my previous apartment would let out a dull thud whenever I poured boiling water down the drain due to the change in temperature.

That said, I did seem to have a haunted computer in my last workplace. The first hint I got is that the computer monitor actually turned itself on from power-saving mode when all I did was walk by. I was likely about five feet away and the monitor turned itself on exactly as I was going past it. My co-worker saw what happened when I asked if I saw what I thought I saw.

Another even more odd thing that happened was this: me and another co-worker were walking through a cafeteria kitchen when my co-worker spotted someone who looked sick. My co-worker asked him if he was okay and he muttered something about having a headache if I remember correctly. She mentioned he should talk to his supervisor about it. We then went along just fine until on our way out we asked the cafeteria manager about the guy who was skick. She and the others there said there is nobody by that description who works there! And I have to say the guy looked awfully white and pale. But then again, so does anybody who has a migraine.

top topics

join