It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama chief Rahm Emanuel drawn into Rod Blagojevich corruption investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

BARACK Obama's chief of staff is under pressure over reported contacts with Illinois's corruption-tainted governor, who faces impeachment proceedings this week.
Rahm Emanuel, a combative congressman from Illinois who will serve as Obama's political gatekeeper in the White House, was reported to have been in touch with Governor Rod Blagojevich about Mr Obama's Senate seat.

www.news.com.au...

I wonder where this will go? What would happen if it could be proven that Obama had his nose deep into this corruption issue? What would happen if Obama is already formally elected as president (electoral college will cast their votes tomorrow)? Would it go on nontheless, but he would be impeached after the inaugaration?

Crazy stuff here...

EDIT: sp fix.

[edit on 14.12.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If they are guilty let them rot in prison. Governor Rod Blagojevich certainly wasn't the first person to appoint the highest bidder to a government position. We are just now starting to rise above dollar politics, and it's been needed for a very long time.

I'm still waiting a re-count in Florida for GW's election in 2001.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If your waiting for a Florida recount from 2001, ur gonna be waiting along time, but I also recall them doing it. but overall Gore bowed out and George Bush became President. ITS almost over has around 30 days left, just let it come to pass and you get your corrupt Obama, he has bad baggage behind every door and skeletons falling out his closet and attic hahaahha

I call for the removal of Valerie Jarrett, Rahm Emanuel, Gov. Blancojevic, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., and the other non-mentioned people of Ill Poltics that are involved in this mess!

all sorts of names run deep with this, there last Governor a Republican was just as dirty thus removed from Office this has to end so it must be seen to the end and everyone involved arrested and charged for the sake of thats states people!

I even heard of Michelle Obama tied up in this mess from workings on Corp. boards so who knows!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Birds of a feather flock together and all come from the same nest.

Maybe Obama truly is the Messiah since so many of his supporters think he is was able to come out of nowhere, rise to where he is now SO FAST and without doing hardly anything...........and come out of this Illinois debacle clean as a whistle.

Even if there was proof of an Obama connection to this........it has more then likely been destroyed and Obama's prized position will be kept in tact. I believe it was all planned for him to rise and become President. He is untouchable, no matter how obvious some things may be or seem.

[edit on 12/14/2008 by greeneyedleo] for spelling

[edit on 12/14/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
How many people have to give themselves up to protect Obama from what he has done. The names of many tarnished for the Messiah of the people. He survived Rev Wright, Rezko, Ayers, birth cert, why not the corruption its only fitting!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Time will tell, obviously, whether the Obamas or Rham Emmanuel did anything wrong with regard to Blago wanting to capitalize on the senate seat, but nothing would surprise me. By the way, speaking of corruption, I imagine that guy Madoff is not the only crook in Wall Street. There are probably plenty of crooks who should get the frog march to the pen over the financial debacle and the shameful "bail out". Blago is probably not the only politician trying to scam dollars for favors, but I say send 'em all to the pen.

It would take quite a revelation to bring down Obama at this point. He seemingly can't produce a bona fide birth cert and the powers don't care, which to me means that he is the go to guy the elite wants in power.

I was really dismayed at some of Obama's staff and cabinet choices because it doesn't look like change to me. It looks like business as usual.

W played a role for the elites. What is Obama's role? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm stocking up for survival. Call me alarmist, but hey, things aren't going too well in the ol' USA lately and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes, the 'Messiah' can do no wrong. He is above everyone else. We believe, allelujah! But seriously, the truth behind any alleged corruption had better come out now prior to the inauguration.

top topics

join