It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

To bad it wasn't dog poop thrown at Bush.

With all the misery and discern this one individual has caused the world he deserves some poop slung on him.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

LOL Just posted this on a seperate thread sorry!

A journalist throws his shoes at George W Bush during a Press Conference. Bush shows good reflexes dodging BOTH shoes at close range! Fox might report this as an assassination attempt by "Shoe Bombs"!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know, those shoes were incredibly off. You don't think the reporter was a plant to get Bush more coverage, do you? It almost like Bush knew the shoes were coming.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Hmmm,

Wonder how many other leaders of a country that he could throw his shoes at and still be alive 20 seconds after it was done.

Actually it is really kind of amazing that this guy wasn't taken out on the spot. Had he tho, it would have been really nasty public relations.

As it is, I am afraid that this little dodge on Bush's part, his quick reflexes that is, is going to be a plus for the man. It pisses me off that there could actually be something good to say about him at this stage of the game.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They'll probably hold him at Guantanamo Bay..

OH wait, they can't do that..
He threw a shoe, so they have an accusation.

I forget that place is a holding cell until they can figure out how to tie a crime to someone.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did you see that Morpheus...I think he's the One.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by broli
Did you see that Morpheus...I think he's the One.

Lol funny must be said.

reply to post by bodrul

I am sure Bodrul he will be given the key to many cities in many middle eastern countries and further afield too!,
free food and many new camels too, (just humour no insult intended).

I would buy him a Pint and some pork scratchings lol, I was thinking if he will get the shoes back... probably will have them free for life anyhow, with chains attached in Abu Graib!

My God he may become the new hero of a generation, and maybe even a Mayorship of a area!
If he is ever freed.

Anyhow this should stop one conspiracy dead in its tracks,

The whole Shapeshifting Lizard thing.

If Bush truly was a Lizard he would surely at that time when the shoes were on the way to him show "Slit Eyes" or such like lol, maybe grow a tail very quickly.

Seriously though what I cant understand is the Reporter stood up, was shouting insults at him and had to take his shoes off before throwing them, I really am surprised that as soon as one shoe was in his hand whilst standing up shouting he wasn't grappled, warned or approached....

I am sure some Secret Service heads will roll over this today, and if I was Obama I would want a New Team without a doubt!

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 14-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

(and to create a conspiracy out of it) Mmm he moved just like the guys from the matrix makes you think doesnt it

Ohhhhh help.

Just when you thought you'd read it all on ATS.

Oh, I didn't hear Bush say *Size 10* - but he does look tired the poor thing...

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They were probably all searched for dangerous weapons before entetring im sure thats why SS were slow to react,i dont think they would have counted shoes as a dangerous weapon though lol

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
this is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it, he said something like, kiss this goodbye you dog.. hahahahahaha....

One thing i did notice, Bush had incredible reflexes.. Kudos to him on dodging two size 10's. hahahaha...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All kidding aside, can you imagine how that would have gone down if they'd popped the guy right then and there.

OUCH!

(Still laughing over the Matrix comment)...

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was thinking; "Shoe shoe go away!!

It is kinda odd that Bush made this trip. But I guess it's his way of believing he actually made an accomplishment there for the Iraq people.

Does he get to keep the guys shoes?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well here is the man himself:

And it must be said Bush does have that 1000 yard stare when he raises his hand eh.

More on the attacker, and further that BUSH Went through the Baghdad streets not in the green zone!!!

Zaidi, a reporter with the Al-Baghdadia channel which broadcasts from Cairo.

Bush laughed off the incident, saying: "It doesn't bother me. If you want the facts, it was a size 10 shoe that he threw."

He later played down the incident. "I don't know what the guy's cause is... I didn't feel the least bit threatened by it."

Earlier, Bush ventured out in a motorcade through Baghdad streets, the first time he has gone somewhere other than a military base or the heavily protected Green Zone.

Image and External Courtesy of Sydney Morning Hearld

I think I am more surprised he went out of the green zone than this...

You can see in the Journalists face real passion and hatred, and I have been wondering since I posted this if he planned to do it, or it was just a "Crime of Passion" as such, he just lost control of his anger.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm more embarrassed that the Arab missed him by a long shot. Thats an embarrassment. When Obama comes in, I hope they don't miss next time.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That guy was a good shot, but his timing was poor. Should've thrown it while Bush was looking at the other guy. Or just picked a seat further to the left so he could've blindsided Bush with his projectile footwear.

Now we'll see, no journalists at presidential press conferences will be allowed to wear shoes inside the building.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't care how unpopular Bush may be to the whole world. The video shows how some people are capable of hurting others. And throwing anything at anyone, especially one's shoes, is just, well, rather an insult, really. Besides, Bush should not be entirely to blame for the current woes of the world. After all, he did inherit Clinton's administration, remember? And now the president elect, Barack Obama, is installing Clinton's people in his cabinet. Sheesh!

[edit on 2008-12-14 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Why was the journalist not shot to death?

He's an Arab Muslim. He should have been shot by a dictator who despises Muslims. It doesn't make sense. Not to mention he could have arrested that man and put him in Gitmo. I think this is a setup.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Yeah but strangely most of the world loves Clinton and doesn't throw shoes at him.

EDIT: Actually I'm just mind boggled at how you can even say that. If you compare Bush with Clinton, Clinton looks like freaking Ghandi. How can you say Bush is unpopular because of an inherited situation left to him by Clinton?

This is not a rhetorical question, I'm not American and have only taken interest in politics in the last few years, I certainly didn't care too much when Clinton was president. So if you can expand a little on the situation Bush inherited I would appreciate it.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Lazyninja]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

Yeah that was a good football break!

And yes, he has damn good reflexes... for a deer caught in headlights.

AAC

boy he does have great reflexes,and doesn't let his feathers ruffle,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join