It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monopoly on Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right section but...

After thinking a lot about certain problems and issues discussed on this site I have come to the conclusion that many, if not all, of society's problems is a result of the corporate media.

The monopoly on "news" and truth allows people to rationalize away anything that does not get mass media attention as insignificant or false.

I think on the whole we are suffering from the mass delusion that things that are "nice" are good.

Nice looking people, who talk nice and dress nice, and who try to sell you nice things...must be nice...and nice = honest.

I think the MOST important step in waking people up is showing them that national news is not real information and nothing more than an instrument of the corporate world.

I am asking for help to find the BEST examples of how untrustworthy the national/mass media is.

Examples of blackouts, lies, manipulate, etc.

and also including the MOST trustworthy alternative news sources.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Frontline Exposes Bush's Media Manipulation

crooksandliars.com...

"In a great new 4-part series titled News War, PBS Frontline examines the battle between the White House & the national media and how they both fight to set the national agenda. In the first part that aired on Tuesday, Lowell Bergman investigates the Plame affair and breaks down how the Bush administration manipulated the media, which, in turn, manipulated and exaggerated the threat posed by Saddam Hussein."

Operation Mockingbird: CIA Media Manipulation

nationalexpositor.com...

"Many Americans still insist or persist in believing that we have a free press, while getting most of their news from state-controlled television, under the misconception that reporters are meant to serve the public."

join