It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As I said elsewhere - looks like a lax in security for the POTUS.
And - that 20 year curse can still get him. It isn't over yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Here's the video.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I need that reporter to call my house, and apologize to my dogs.

I'm sure there differing opinions on Bush, in Iraq.
Some may even like him, and are glad he invaded.
Others probably hate him.

And others?
I would guess there is a lot of resentment that this war is taking too long, but America needs to stay, in the policeman role. They want us to go, they NEED us to stay..I would resent that situation.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Name-calling Bush 'a dog' tells me maybe certain people don't like dogs. And dogs are man's best friends. I love dogs they are loyal, by the way, and serve their masters well. Shoe-throwing is not nice, either. Someone probably lost his only and best pair of shoes that day. What a waste of time!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Man, he almost clipped the decider in the forehead.

Where the hell was the SS? They should have seen that coming a mile away.

I would say that ole Dubby better take that as an omen and not travel too far from home, particularly anywhere that is a straight shot to the hague. lol

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Deftly avoided two shoes tossed at him.

Mission Accomplished.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

"Hey, fellow Iraqis! I just thought of a way to insult the President, and it won't make us look worse than we already do or make us look immature - I'll throw my shoe at him. That'll teach him..."

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Looks like we finally found the second shoe...ter?

(Runs after telling the joke for fear of its dryness)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A longer version of the video that show the whole thing
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I see President Bush doing his Matrix moves! nice...i wish they wouldve let Bush wrestle him old school style. i bet the old man knows some moves from back in the day where he used to have bar fights in good old Texas; instead of shoes, he dodged beer bottles!

PS: actually dogs to arabs are considered as dirty as pigs, and i agree!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

I think it would be an interesting fight to watch

VS

[edit on 14-12-2008 by EgypTer]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Pretty soon the press will only be allowed to wear rubber flip flops ! :-)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Exactly. I don't think Bush was humilated. I think he was amused.

It was nothing more than a cheap trick for the media with low risk of comeback.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to post by TruthParadox

Exactly. I don't think Bush was humilated. I think he was amused.

It was nothing more than a cheap trick for the media with low risk of comeback.

If it wasn't humiliating or insulting why would the guy get beating by the secret service and guards also why would US news channels cut the video and not showing it all ?
Please watch the whole video in here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EgypTer

Wow, he got beat by the Secret Service? Lucky he didn't just get shot.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Dramey

do you REALLY believe iraq doesnt feel that way towards bush

i mean do you REALLY believe iraq as a majority is happy with bush?

Do You think he speaks for the entire country?
Do you think it matters that they are happy with Bush he is leaving and now the Iraqis will be throwing shoes at their new government or pies.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

no i agree with you that the entire country does not agree with either bush or the shoe bandit

but, from what it seems to me, at least the majority does feel that way

and by capitalizing really i didnt mean it derogatory as it may have seemed i just meant it as an emphasize on really as in truly believe that the majority does not agree with that, because like i said from what ive seen i have the opinion formed that iraqis are not big fans of bush, but if you have reason to believe that they do support bush then i would be fully open to reading about that as i am interested as to the iraqi side of things

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Bush is the man.

His mastery the matrix is now proven as he clearly dodges shoes better than Neo did bullets.

Seriously though, has anyone else noticed how haggard and beaten he looks these days?
Is it me or does he look someone...broken?

I am compelled to pity him.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Pity it was just a shoe.
Where's Richard Reid when you need him?

What a humiliation for Bush to have to duck,
The most powerful man in the world, made to cower behind a podium thanks to one peasant man and his footwear.

Its symbolic, and all you halfwits who go on about this man showing Arabs to be immature idiots is actually more symbolic of your own restrictions.

For all the torture, murdering, bombing, lying, thieving, manipulating, kidnapping and pain caused by this man and his government against the Iraqi people, they still have the nerve and the courage to show Bush he's nothing but a coward, hiding behind his presidential seal.

Real man stand in a crowd of security services and taunt the criminal,
cowards like bush and many people posting here, criticise him for not bending over backwards and taking the 'Great American' up the rear.

This man will be praised around the world, and rememberd.

Let us pray next time its a grenade, when he's alone and scared.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Muntazer may have missed Bush, but managed to hit the American flag with both shots.

I'm probably being paranoid, but this seems like it's being used to set up something else. It's flaunting the fallacies of the presidents security. Wouldn't be surprised if this some how becomes a citation which adds credibility to Obamas' (possible) assassination.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hilarious!

This made me laugh for a good half-hour.

Personally, no American can say if he speaks for the majority, because America is even more isolated from the truth than any other allied nation in Iraq.
You are told what to believe by your media.

Personally, I'll bet that the majority are angry, because they are not seeing an improvement in their lives, they're seeing little or no investment in their future. Yes the Iraqi regime needed to be overthrown, but that doesn't mean the "American International Heroes" should have been the ones to "free the people" (urgh, the sheer arrogance of that makes me want to puke!)

America went into Iraq to secure the Oil. As seen by the fact that the Oil fields were secured while the hospitals, schools and infrastructure were left to fall apart.
If you were going into a country to "free the people" isn't the infrastructure, medical care and security more important than the oil?

Bush deserves a whole lot more than a couple of shoes thrown at him, but if that's all he gets, at least it's something, and at least it was leaked so the world could enjoy it.

I also saw a report that this man wouldn't face punishment, it was considered a way to prove that now there is freedom to protest in Iraq where there wasn't before. Not surprisingly, they've changed their mind on that it seems.
I only hope that people don't loose track of him, because if the media let him fall into obscurity, he'll end up labeled as an "enemy combatant" and held in a cell without rights, without defense, and without ever seeing the sunlight ever again.

Funny, that sounds exactly like what Saddam was accused of.
Apparently he locked people up without charge and without reason, he disappeared people regularly.
Guantanamo, anyone?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join