It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
An Iraqi reporter called visiting U.S. President George W. Bush a "dog" in Arabic on Sunday and threw his shoes at him during a news conference in Baghdad.

www.iht.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I just got this breaking news on my cell phone but had to check it on the internet
And I found it on this web site
www.iht.com...

I don’t know but it looks to me that the Iraqi people has had enough of bush and those leaders in iraq

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They made mention of this about an hour ago on CNN. Apparently there's going to be a video clip of it available later. Funny stuff. Dude has bad aim though

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

I don’t know but it looks to me that the Iraqi people has had enough of bush and those leaders in iraq

Yeah that one man is the entire Iraqi population!
Some nut throws a shoe and he has the pulse of the nation.

I know that slapping somebody with a shoe in that part of the world is supposed to be a major insult.

But I dont think he speaks for the entire country.

Protesters are everywhere in the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I know that slapping somebody with a shoe in that part of the world is supposed to be a major insult.

Indeed throwing your shoes at people is an insult, and be called a dog is also a huge insult. That aside when Scholars (i guess the journalist is a scholar) starts throwing huge insults onto "wannabe" worlds policeman who maybe the most protected man on earth, i think it surely is a pointer to how the rest of the people feels.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

True but again not everybody is happy with averything in the world.
There are always people who are unhappy

Side not what happened to your avatar?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well I don’t know about you and what you think and from where do you get your information it up to you my friend , but keep in mind that all of my Iraqi friends do not agree with what is happening in Iraq ever since the invasion has began and all of them hate all those new leaders and bush with his administration .

And with regards to what you mentioned about this guy not speaking for the whole nation its clear to every body in the middle east that its not easy to express your opinion in any way against the government or visiting president . so that means that this guy has erupted in their face , probably he knew too much

Im sure he will be punished for the rest of his life and no body will hear about him in the near future for it is still lead by dictators

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I dont know how they mean it, but in other countries, calling someone a dog is to call them the lowest form of animal there is.
Of course, that is not really the custom here.

'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

One man with bad aim throwing a shoe is "the Iraqi people"? Interesting. So, if someone throws a shoe at Barry during the inauguration will mean he's unfit to serve due to him not meeting the Constitutional requirements for the office of President, right? I'm gonna have to look into this further. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah right here are some more examples of people not happy with something and expressing it.

Do these people speak for the whole country?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Or may be it's another way of saying georgie Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Indeed Slayer, those people you linked with that youtube videos properly do not speak on behalf of their countrymen. But the devastating destruction in whole Iraq is properly an issue which is upon all Iraqian woman, man and kids lips, and i for one believe that the people of Iraq (and i mean all of them) do not have high hopes for mr.bush.

Best regards.

Loke.

Ps.
Gonna fix my avatar soon, but i would rather discuss and have intelligent talks here on ATS than waste 2 hours messing around in photoshop. But because you pointed it out i will do that now then

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thanx for the examples

But do you think they’re not happy with something or is it that they’re not happy with someone , cuz to me its not the same , to me its not happy with something done buy someone

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm watching the video on FOX right now
not a one liner

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

this may be a one liner but it is a serious question

do you REALLY believe iraq doesnt feel that way towards bush

i mean do you REALLY believe iraq as a majority is happy with bush?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

do you REALLY believe iraq doesnt feel that way towards bush

i mean do you REALLY believe iraq as a majority is happy with bush?

Do You think he speaks for the entire country?
Do you think it matters that they are happy with Bush he is leaving and now the Iraqis will be throwing shoes at their new government or pies.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok I just saw the video of the man throwing the shoe

Hey I wished Bush moved that fast with political issues I thought it was funny actually!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Austin Powers....

I mean, who throws a shoe??? Honestly!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes,as an Iraqian I think that Bush gets what he deserve and this journalist represents the majority of Iraqi people.in Iraq throwin a shoe on someone or call him a dog is a major insult ,what about both?. American occupation destroy our country in the name of freedom.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ahh the only thing funnier would have been if he had quoted Austin Powers afterward :
"Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!"

Cat like reflexes I give him that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go watch that a good 10 - 20 more times

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join