It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-matter is a soul slayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
well here we go time to ruffle some feathers.

okay lets for a second pretend god exists. and so do souls. first off a soul has matter right? because its part of us. second of all when a person dies the soul leaves. like when we die we get absorbed into the ground the circle of life continues.

BUT

antimatter would destroy all matter. does that mean your soul is wiped out? i mean if soul isn't matter then what is it?

if antimatter wiped you out then you cant go anywhere because you completley don't exist anymore.

thoughts comments answers questions.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Why would it only attack your soul once it's left the body?
I mean we are made of matter.... so why would the anti-matter not be attacking us or the soul already?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is obviously highly speculative, but I would postulate that the soul (assuming one exists and they are quantifiable etc.) does not consist of conventional matter, but rather of energy that may or may not be electromagnetic in nature.

Most theories about souls, astral bodies and the like also seem to suggest an extradimensional anchoring of sorts.

In other words a soul would not react like any matter or energy known by current science. (mainstream science anyways...)

I would also postulate that consciousness, (or souls or life energy, whatever you want to call it) cannot be created or destroyed, only change forms. (density?) Just like matter & energy are never created but converted from other states.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

antimatter would destroy all matter. does that mean your soul is wiped out? i mean if soul isn't matter then what is it?

if antimatter wiped you out then you cant go anywhere because you completley don't exist anymore.

thoughts comments answers questions.

I believe the soul is pure light rather than matter. Its is a life force energy and is not of conventional matter. A soul can exist without any form or body, it does not need matter as we know it to survive. It survives because it is of the pure light of the creator. When we die our soul I believe continues on its journey with no need of a body (matter), it joins again with the original light until it decides its time to learn again.

Prior to the big band we as souls were part of the light, the light being the creator, all that is, God if you wish. From this light all matter became and formed the Universe. The light was split into millions of individual parts which then made the Universe and us. Although matter and our souls both came from the light there is a difference, matter is a solid manifestation of the light, whereas we ARE the light. So our souls are of the light and no amount of anti matter can destroy the light because the anti matter itself came from the light.

When its time for this Universe to end, all will re join with the original light and be as before, before time was created. Time is an illusion of our existance and once a soul re joins the light time does not exist. So you see its impossible to say "if antimatter wiped you out then you cant go anywhere because you completley don't exist anymore" because you would need time for this to actually happen. To not exist anymore is a concept of time.

These are my thoughts and comments on your OP as you have asked. They may not be everyones as Im sure we will soon find out!

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I do not beleive tha tthis theory is possible.

As was already stated the antimatter destroys matter. The soul, if it exists at all, is energy as best we can figure. So the two can realy have no relation, other than the antimatter destroying the body in which the soul is housed.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why would you think that a soul is matter? If they were matter, then they would be an object, and we could physically gather them up and move them around and such.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Amazing! I like your perspective Mr. Green!

I have been trying for a long while to connect light and our existence, mostly since I was trying to equate time dilation to light and then to our existence. For if we age slower as we near the speed of light, then we must be connected to light somehow right?!
Man I love physics and philosophy. Thanks. You made my day.

ttyl

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yes the soul being matter is something i brought up. i consider it matter. some say its energy.

my whole arguement would be flawed if soul is just energy. if a soul is energy does that mean a dieing person has less of a soul? or then why would evil people have no soul

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Anyone here familiar with "Balefire", from RJordan's "Wheel of Time"? Similar to your anti-matter "Soulslayer", in that if a human is hit with it they are unable to be reincarnated and simply cease to exist.

Robert Jordan was a physicist, so I assume this was his interpretation of a magical anti-matter weapon.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Amazing! I like your perspective Mr. Green!

Thanks. You made my day.

ttyl

Thank you, thank you very much. This is something I feel and know within my very soul.

Your most welcome and your reply has now made my day. May your light burn bright.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

although i don't quite agree with that i find that a very interesting possibilities. but then if we are all light then what about black holes? basically im trying to figure out what can destroy the "soul"

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Anti-matter does not 'destroy' matter. Nothing is created or destroyed, just transformed. When matter and anti-matter collide, they convert eachother into energy. That's it.

What this means for your soul theory, I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that when the universe was created, msot scientists think that there were equal aprts of amtter and anti-matter. It's a mystery why there happens to be so much matter in our part of the universe.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would assume that since light cannot escape after a black hole's event horizon, then neither could we.

In general relativity, an event horizon is a boundary in spacetime, an area surrounding a black hole, inside which events cannot affect an outside observer. Light emitted from inside the horizon can never reach the observer, and anything that passes through the horizon from the observer's side disappears.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ahhh. Spooky.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

although i don't quite agree with that i find that a very interesting possibilities. but then if we are all light then what about black holes? basically im trying to figure out what can destroy the "soul"

Nothing can destroy a soul I believe it is endless. As for black holes I really have no idea, but I like the thought that they are worm holes, points of immense energy into parallel Universes. They are possibly anomolies that have been created as the Universe and its many parallels have evolved, I really like many, have no idea.

Do you think the soul can be destroyed?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe this is the thread I been waitin for.......
I'll make it very short and simple"it's theory" I have no facts....
I cant help but think there are less "einstiens" now than 100 years ago, yes, less genious's.....
My theory is that life"or soul" is a "given" or constant power, that does not change with population, easiest way for my simple mind to put it in words is....
If you have a 500 watt generator, you can have 5x100watt bulbs burning"living" or you can have 100x5watt bulbs going...
Anyways you prolly get where this is going, I just have to wonder, if we "PPL" lived with much more than we will ever know in the past...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
I would assume that since light cannot escape after a black hole's event horizon, then neither could we.

In general relativity, an event horizon is a boundary in spacetime, an area surrounding a black hole, inside which events cannot affect an outside observer. Light emitted from inside the horizon can never reach the observer, and anything that passes through the horizon from the observer's side disappears.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ahhh. Spooky.
[edit on 17-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

The speed needed to break free of the gravitational field of a black hole is faster than the speed of light, this is know as the escape velocity. Since matter can never reach the speed of light you could never escape a black hole.

However I believe the observers perspective described on wikipedia is incorrect. The closer an object gets to a black hole the longer it takes light to travel back to the observer. From the observers perspective it would appear that the object is slowing down, and eventually may appear that the object has stopped completely.(Assuming the observer lived that long) The object may even appear to be frozen for millions of years after it had already passed through the event horizon.

I am not scientist or anything so my understanding could be completely false. Please correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The soul, in many traditions, was regarded as "spirit", while the body was "matter". It could be inferred that "spirit" is a form of energy. Perhaps that energy is unique unto itself and not any of the forms currently identified by science. While light cannot escape a black hole, perhaps spirit is unaffected by gravity and, therefore, is not susceptible. "Spirit" may exist completely separate from our material universe.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If you, just for a moment, project your consciousness out of the window to tree on the other side of the street...and just hover there for a moment...you might notice that your consciousness is made of "nothing" as far as physicality or matter are concerned. I would guess that it is very, very, very difficult to "destroy" this nothingness, this point of awareness which is not limited by time, space or matter.

Quite possibly, everything that is not this pure-awareness-unit could be destroyed...even an "astral body" we might temporarily don.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Maybe this is the thread I been waitin for.......
I'll make it very short and simple"it's theory" I have no facts....
I cant help but think there are less "einstiens" now than 100 years ago, yes, less genious's.....

Is this maybe because there are less ground breaking things to discover these days? I also think "einsteins" have always been rare and probably appear at the same rate they always have. I look upon Steven Hawkins as possibly our lastest einstein thats appeared in recent years, but these minds have always been rare and I dont think this is due to soul energy becoming diluted.

new topics

top topics

join