It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microspheres in WTC dust, another smoking gun.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
What the "9/11 Liars" seem to be forgetting is that eventhough these spheres occur in other places, they DO NOT occur with the chemical signature of thermate inside of them.
Big difference there, if this can't be seen then there is no hope for you.

Personal attacks are not allowed on this forum. If you can't refute the evidence as requested, then just say so.

The responses to questions number 2, 4, 5 and 11 demonstrate why NIST concluded that there were no explosives or controlled demolition involved in the collapses of the WTC towers.

Furthermore, a very large quantity of thermite (a mixture of powdered or granular aluminum metal and powdered iron oxide that burns at extremely high temperatures when ignited) or another incendiary compound would have had to be placed on at least the number of columns damaged by the aircraft impact and weakened by the subsequent fires to bring down a tower. Thermite burns slowly relative to explosive materials and can require several minutes in contact with a massive steel section to heat it to a temperature that would result in substantial weakening. Separate from the WTC towers investigation, NIST researchers estimated that at least 0.13 pounds of thermite would be required to heat each pound of a steel section to approximately 700 degrees Celsius (the temperature at which steel weakens substantially). Therefore, while a thermite reaction can cut through large steel columns, many thousands of pounds of thermite would need to have been placed inconspicuously ahead of time, remotely ignited, and somehow held in direct contact with the surface of hundreds of massive structural components to weaken the building. This makes it an unlikely substance for achieving a controlled demolition.

Analysis of the WTC steel for the elements in thermite/thermate would not necessarily have been conclusive. The metal compounds also would have been present in the construction materials making up the WTC towers, and sulfur is present in the gypsum wallboard that was prevalent in the interior partitions.

wtc.nist.gov...

If I were you, I'd write Steven Jones and see when he retracted his claim.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas

What the "9/11 Liars" seem to be forgetting is that eventhough these spheres occur in other places, they DO NOT occur with the chemical signature of thermate inside of them.
Big difference there, if this can't be seen then there is no hope for you.

Personal attacks are not allowed on this forum. If you can't refute the evidence as requested, then just say so.

If I were you, I'd write Steven Jones and see when he retracted his claim.

That's not a personal attack.
And for YOU of all people to be lecturing anyone about personal attacks is a joke.

As for Mr. Jones when I find proof that he has retracted any of his claims I just may do that.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As for Mr. Jones when I find proof that he has retracted any of his claims I just may do that.

And if you find he hasn't, you're going to ask him, "why not?", aren't you?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas

And if you find he hasn't, you're going to ask him, "why not?", aren't you?

Nah I'll leave that to you, since you're the authority on all 9/11 related material.
Wouldn't want to take away all of your fun.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

And what do you think the "event" will be to trigger the sheeple into accepting US Military posted in every city?

9/11/01 was a military/industrial coup.

They are now positioning themselves in our country to "insure domestic safety" as I write this.

Worried?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alupang

They are eager to give up their freedom for security. Security for what, is a good question.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
dont want to "steal" this, and i cant remember whos sig it is. but..."any society that would giv up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve niether and lose both" ben franklin...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Flyash is used in concrete. There would be many opportunities for release during collapse. The tons of thermite needed would not have released nearly as much flyash as the concrete during collapse. GenRadek has provided analytical information on flyash compositions from a coal and coal-pet coke combustion. What would be in the concrete would likely be coal based, as that is the predominant fuel for power plants in the US.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I just think how conveinent the US ignored the 9/11 warning,FBI pulled away from the terrorists by not allowing 2 FBI agents to search one of the terrorists computer before 9/11.How these unconstitutional laws passed and then be convienently ready to have this one world govt run by the United Nations who intend to take away registered gun owners guns.If we hadn't had 9/11 the United Nations wouldn't of had their foot in the door like they do now.They have Agenda 21 sustainable development where they take private property away from the homeowners and move people to cramped settlements and return over 50% of the US back to the wilderness.Its amazing how everything has convieniently fallen into place and signing petitions,getting on youtube,writing your congressman is not doing a damn bit of good cause there sitting in Washington D.C. laughing at us as they take away more liberties.Congress and the president take an oath to protect the constitution and I read in wikipedia that in certain states that could be called high crimes or treason to lie about your oath you took. A large number of people across the USA need to demonstrate peacefully in all the cities cause Bush isn't going to be impeached.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alupang

What, me worry??? Just kidding. I am beyond worried and have moved into preparation mode. Yes, the Military/Industrial complex runs the country and manufactures events to ensure the people's docility and complicity with their plans.

What would it take to ensure further compliance? I'm not sure as I believe that they may have already achieved it to the degree necessary to execute their overall plans. The thing is that there are still those of us who know better and will never accept the full militarization of America; including some in the military.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is a very interesting discovery. Its very odd how any time someone brings up that thermate was found, they say... oh sulphur is in drywall and it is stupid to find drywall and claim it is thermate. Well firstly nobody even mentions sulpher most of the time that excuse is used, and secondly that is just one of the 4+ parts of the thermite signature.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Where was thermate/thermite found?

Finding those materials, unreacted, would be a major piece of evidence for the conspiracy theory folks.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Finding those materials, unreacted, would be a major piece of evidence for the conspiracy theory folks.

Why? Iron oxide, aluminum, sulfur, and barium nitrate are all used in building construction. Didn't you know that throwing these chemicals together makes a thermate reaction? Just like throwing flour, eggs, and sugar together makes a wedding cake naturally? [/sarcasm]

My point is that its pretty convenient to use something that can't be specifically traced back. "Plausible Deniability".

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Where was thermate/thermite found?

I've been looking on the internet for the spectrum analysis and am not so sure now. While Steven Jones claims to have found thermite evidence, I don't see a point where he shows a similarity between the spectrum signature of the dust compared to the range of what may be expected from combusted thermite or even uncombusted thermite. Its very strange because his entire show could be reduced to the side-by-side comparison graph, but it appears he does not even have one in the first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Its almost impossible to find a clear unobstructed slide of "professor" Jones' slide of the "thermite" signature on the web. All we have is from the video is a blurry slide where you can just barely make out the peaks but you really can't get a clear shot of the elements found or the amounts.
Plus from what I can make of it, the "signature" of "thermite" is very similar to the flyash composition.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Elemental sulfur would be unusual. Barium nitrate is not common. Black iron oxide could easily be present. Aluminum was abundant from the airplane. Finding unreacted thermite/thermate would be what is needed for proof but that is not what is claimed.
Doing an elemental analysis and finding the elements in various oxidation states is not proof of anything other than that the elements are present. Jones may be a fine nuclear physicist but he is completely out of his depth when it comes to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join