It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would like to debate me one on one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I would like to get this straight, in your view there is more evidence for a Creator then there is of Evolution? I'm not saying your right or wrong, but to say that you believe in god because of evidence instead of faith, is a new one to me.

In any case where is OP?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
No not quite. I'm saying evolution does not mean there is no creator, also in my opinion the nature of the physical universe that we can document and explore is so complex and exists in such a state of balance with everything else (with self correcting mechanisms in place for when "problems" arise), that to make the assumption their is no creator and it was all random chance rising up from the cosmic soup is a very biased and illogical conclusion to draw.

Again in my opinion people who ascertain the idea their is no god as a fact because their is no proof, don't want to see the proof there is.

As a very simple example if I make something, a building say, with lights and plumbing and heat controlled rooms, a thousand years from now it is discovered by a team of non-human explorers who do not know our history, do they assume some other form of life they haven't yet encountered created the structure, or do they think this building randomly came into existence because the local building blocks of the universe randomly happened to form into a complex structure. I'm not living in the building, I never did, I didn't leave a mark or signature on the building saying GYV WOZ ERE 2008, my bones aren't there, there is in fact no proof at all that I ever existed, at least not in that vicinity, only the building stands to prove that I ever existed, and yet apparently that's no proof at all.

However what I mean by god/creator is not what the majority of christian's view god as i'm sure.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You're going to get nowhere if you are merely basing your facts upon Science.
Our Science has merely scratched the surface.

Human kind was created by a certain alien species.
We did not evolve.
It is impossible that crocodiles have existed since the dinosaur era,
and yet have not evolved as we have. They have stayed the same,
for millions of years.
Yet when the ape/monkey is introduced, humans start to develop not long after.

It is impossible.
I really dislike the scientific-only minded people like you.
You have no idea what's really happening.

I won't be returning to this thread.
Happy hunting with your chosen glory.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Erytiel

except crocodilians have evolved as have sharks as have ceolocanths

they look similar to what they were because they are well adapted to thier enviroment so only small changes get to stick around

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Erytiel

except crocodilians have evolved as have sharks as have ceolocanths

they look similar to what they were because they are well adapted to thier enviroment so only small changes get to stick around

also didn't crocodiles used to be twice the size back in the day? I beleive they have shrunk as did most other species that have been around for a long time because being huge proved to be a worse thing through evolution. food runs out quick when your stomach is the size of an elephant!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sciencenewby
also didn't crocodiles used to be twice the size back in the day? I beleive they have shrunk as did most other species that have been around for a long time because being huge proved to be a worse thing through evolution. food runs out quick when your stomach is the size of an elephant!

yeah there was a real monster Sarcosuchus is its name it grew a little under 40 feet long and is estimated to have weighed in around 7-10 tonnes

there were also 2-3 foot long species that no longer exist, fully marine crocodillians with paddle tails

www.bbc.co.uk... probabily my favorite exstinct shark that dorsal fins awesome

[edit on 15/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Noob . . . good call!!

You say tomato, I say tomatta . . .

I prefer Deinosuchus . . . same size but without the elongated snout, giving it a modern apperance . . . yet, 50 feet long . . . with a 8 foot tall bite!!

I've even convinced my son to turn from Utah Raptor and Therizinosaur (both found in my home state of AZ) . . . and proclaim Deinosuchus "the baddest dude of Cretaceous"

As for the OP . . . I'd be willing to debate (officially) too . . . you just need to pick a topic . . . as others have pointed out . . . you are all over the map. It appears you aren't "anti" evolution, but anti-science that goes against Genesis.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
just my 2 cents but having gone to school for herpetology boas and pythons have spurs which may have been the precursors to legs which led to lizards. watch how lizards walk and they move very much like snakes. and also doesn't the flu virus evolve constantly? even if not a living organism

omg where did you go for study! i've been looking for a herpetology class for forever and cant find one that i really think is great.

now for the on-topic bit. It looks as though the OP is completely Scientifically Illiterate. i want to see this all blow up in his face, can anyone link me to the debate thread?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I think the OP has decided not to take any of us up on an actual structured debate, since he was online earlier and posted in various other threads but not this one.

Maybe he u2u'ed FSBlueApocalypse, but I kind of doubt it.

On my part, the offer still stands: if he wants a real debate about some one topic in the chemical/biological sections of what he's calling "evolutionary theory," I'd be willing to fight.

FSBA has also expressed willingness to take on the biology end of things.

I don't know offhand of a current Fighter who does cosmology and astrophysics, but maybe one of the couple of people who have posted on that end of it in this thread would be up for joining the Debate Forum too.

But no way will I do it out in the open forum. There are plenty of threads going constantly for debating the merits of creationism with random input from all sides and no agreed-upon goal or definitions

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I u2ued him earlier and got no response back for what it's worth, not that I really expected anything different.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

i think he has given up as were not willing to play by thier dodgy agenda

and actually want to debate science 1 thoery ata time like they deserve not a mass raft of it in one go so they can drag out all the strawman collection

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
I prefer Deinosuchus . . . same size but without the elongated snout, giving it a modern apperance . . . yet, 50 feet long . . . with a 8 foot tall bite!!
newer setimates on size place it around 35 feet which is why i went for the other fellow

it was purley a size thing

id still rather go with dinosaurs then crocodilia, they just pip them on coolness

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I am only looking to debate one person in this and I seek to tackle these parts of evolutionary theory:

- Cosmic evolution ( Big Bang - origin of matter)
- Chemical evolution (higher chemical)
- Planetary and stellar evolution (origin of the stars)
- Organic evolution (origin of life)
- Macro-evolution - animals changing into new kinds
- Micro-evolution (variation)

This is quite a tall order! You are including too many fields of study into one...

You want someone to talk about Cosmology, stellar evolution, abiogenesis, and evolutionary biology?

You're going to be hard pressed to find someone who understands all of those individual fields of study...

You should try picking one of the sciences, and go from there.

Edit: Oh, nevermind... I see that you've had this pointed out, and several challenges to an actual debate... and haven't responded since...

Guess you just wanted to do some fist shaking and to walk away?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
another day spamming the forums with the hitler loved darwin crap and still independant refuses to return to thier own thread

whats the bets he/she is running around telling all thier friends everyone to scared to debate them?

just had a look back throuhg my u2u's

theindependentjournal 26/11/08 @ 03:54
still unread from the last time i called him/her out for a proper debate rather then hit and run forum spamming

[edit on 19/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wanna debate..but only with weapons.....Thank You...and let me know...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose Head
isnt that called agressive negotiations?

that not quite the same as debating
trial by combat that could get rather messy around here with all the conflicting views

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

Originally posted by Moose Head
isnt that called agressive negotiations?

that not quite the same as debating
trial by combat that could get rather messy around here with all the conflicting views

Isnt that the point though?...do we debate to enlighten or to try to make others think like we do....think about it we start a debate when noone agrees with anyone and tempers flair we yell goooooo!!!!!!!!!...we all pull out our weapons and ...last one standing wins the debate....seems like fun to me....plus theres more at stake not just anyone will enter this debate...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join