It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are American Unions that are now in place a pyramid scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Are American Unions that are now in place a pyramid scheme

Example, if I where to want to work for the big three in any capacity at their plant, would I have to become a member of a union? If then yes, would not my dues go towards the workers that are already employed by them. What if I just wanted to work and get the pay they offer without the union plan. Would I be looked down upon and would I be criticized for not becoming a member?
I think the time has come to let the employer as most do, provide the health insurance and the employee pay his share. Why do the unions have to provide the employment for the big 3?.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.nlpc.org...
GM had seen labor costs escalate to the point where its continued presence in America was in jeopardy.
www.nrtw.org... The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, established in 1968, is a nonprofit, charitable organization providing free legal aid to employees whose human or civil rights have been violated by abuses of compulsory unionism.
www.pww.org... For example, if you check out the UnionFacts.org page on “Union Leader Fraud and Corruption,” they list $400 million in “labor racketeering” fines and civil restitution in the last five years.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com... Union Is Caught Up in Illinois Bribe Case

Michigan Auto Workers Officials Convicted. While there is nothing new about union leaders pressuring employers to hire family, relatives and friends, doing so in order to prolong a strike carries extra weight, especially when it’s against the nation’s largest automaker. Nearly 10 years ago, General Motors pickup truck assembly workers in Pontiac, Michigan went on strike. It was a costly walkout for company and workers alike. A few years later, members of United Auto Workers Local 594, sensing they’d been sold out by their own leadership, filed a class action suit against three union officials. After a prolonged investigation and various court rulings, a federal jury this June returned a guilty verdict against the two surviving defendants on charges of extortion and conducting a scheme to generate around $200,000 in bogus overtime payments. www.nlpc.org...

conservablogs.com... Where is the most innovative, cost effective, and modern auto manufacturing plant in the world? It sure as heck isn’t in the USA. Why isn’t it here, in a country that has traditionally been at the top of the game for innovation?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
every single company in existence is apart of the pyramid scheme. all companies are owwned by bigger companies.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Most companies I have worker for were not that way. Take for an example, I worked as a broadcast engineer in SC, now if I worked as one here in the North East I would HAVE to become a union member. Unions where great in the day when we needed them. Now that we have regulation to take care of workers, we no longer need to feed the union. What I see from the post I have provided is that if you are not a union worker, then you do not get their protection. Seems like a sceme to force you to or pay or no play. Racketeering comes to mind here as well. The laws that are in place NOW will take care of you. We no longer need the union to be there to take care of us, now workers who are with a union may disagree, but the fact is their money is going to the top of that growing list of non-voted in members.

[edit on 12/14/2008 by zman]

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
October 25, 2019

FYI: Agreement Reached: The General Motors strike ended today.

www.cnbc.com...

top topics

join