It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadows flying on the walls and TV turning on and off rapidly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hey, I was just wondering If TV's turning on and off rapidly is a usual phenominon with spiritual hauntings? My girlfriend moved into this new development about two years ago, with new houses that were all built about 4 years ago... it was all old farm land in northern NJ and it even has a very very very old little fenced in cemetery on the road of about 20 houses. But just the other night, she was home making dinner while i was on the phone with her, her parents were out, and suddenly her big screen tv started flashing on and off rapidly, the remote was in plain site on the couch and nothing she did would make it stop, and before she was about to pull the plug, three letters showed up on the screen in red... i cant recall the exact letters but it was something like ssd (red squigly weird letters) as she called them haha... but it stopped after she pulled the plug... She always tells me how her room is always so cold... and her parents room is also... But these are really nice new houses...... there's no reason for her room to be so cold... we were all in the living room one day, it was just me her little brother and her sitting on the couch... then for the first time ever in my life, i felt that weird cold breeze on my leg, as if there was a window open.... or wind for that matter... but there wasnt. And i kind of felt uneasy about that... but she's told me about sometimes seeing shadows running across the walls... and that day while we were in the living room... she saw a little kid, that she thought was her brother run across the doorway into the foyer, which she thought was her brother, but I was like ummmmmm no, because get this.. her brother was in the computer room with the two sliding doors shut, playing music. And i was absolutely certain he didnt open the doors and come out. What is my girlfriend seeing in this house? I didnt see a thing. Alot of things with this house strike me as odd... She would complain about having all these nightmares, and i told her to pray to god more... and to take some holy water and splash it on her bed say some prayers for protection.... and for the next few months her nightmares went away.... The other very odd thing is the basement.
The security system in the house has 4 different zones, and the 4th being the basement door which looks out to the back yard. On the main control unit, sometimes the 4th zone light flashes as if it would if the door was open, then it will stop for a while and do it again, it never stops. They've had the people come and replace the security parts with no avail. So they just ignore it. And finally, i remember around last summer that she heard some weird noises coming from the basement, she ran all scared to get her dad, he went down to check it out and there was nothing there. Her parents seem nieve, they arent believing any of this. So he just went upstairs and said it was nothing.

I beg to differ, but the only thing i've experienced is the very weird chills you get in some of the rooms. very very odd

I do believe if this is a haunting of any sort it isnt friendly it seems mischievious

well?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
looking for a paranormal investigator of some sort

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
porche ..the things you are describing could certainly be signs of possible paranormal activity, they certainly are indicative of further investigation....you say these are new houses, what was on the land before?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Its a great amount of energy coming from some source. Definitely paranormal--meaning other than normal and not necessarily ghosties.
The energy can be coming from her. Or a byproduct of conflict

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
porsh you post so many unbeleavable cool things that sometimes its hard to beleav so much can happen to one person..

but, Im sure if you look in you newpapper u can find some typ of "ghost" investgator to come and take a look,

and if you can please post some video or pics

(i realy do think ats needs a large file server for stuff like this)

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
porsh you post so many unbeleavable cool things that sometimes its hard to beleav so much can happen to one person..

Dude you have NO idea! Yeah I know. I'm so glad I found this site! hahah

I have no pics or video... yet... I am tempted to walk around the house with the digital video cam, will have to do it when her parents arent home... dont want them thinking im nuts!

To answer the question what this land was before, It was all farmland and my girlfriend said she was told it was old indian grounds possibly burrial... but i dont know if i believe that. The owner of the land still lives on that street in a farm house... I'm intreagued to go talk to them about the history of the land.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I once lived in a house that my family built when I was growning up that had a similiar problem. We had a security system that included all door & window openings, motion sensors & pressure pads under the carpet.

When I was at home alone with the alarm set weird things happened that agitated both me and my dog. Mostly weird noises & such that could be anything, but the strangest was on that the vacuume system would turn on at 2-3 in the morning. I even turned on the pressure pads for added security as I knew their locations & could leap over them.

Later I was told that the house may have been built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

There were also some other weird synchronicities associated with the house, but I think they were just one of those things and you might find them amusing. The contractor my dad hired had the same first name as my dad. The contractors wife had the same first name as my mom. The contractors kids had the same first names of my my sister and I. That's 4 names & 8 people. The stress from all the problems while building the house helped cause both couples to get divorced.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ever watch the movie poltergeist? well if it's an native american burial ground i would bolt. it's not so much that it's haunted that would cause me to scurry along, but rather the fact i have way too much respect for native americans, whether it was a burial ground or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yeah I think im going to take a trip down and talk to the owners of the land...

And another thing i forgot to mention is that her two dogs and cats, sometimes just stare off in space and at the walls as if someone was there.

That was one of the first questions I asked her and her little brother.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You might have faulty wiring in the house. Just because it is new does not mean that the wiring is perfect. Any little disturbance can send bad wiring into an uproar. Also, electrical signals outside of the house can effect those things. Solar flares, although they are rarely powerful enough, can stop signals and disrupt satellite transmissions.

Shadows running on the walls could also be any type of illusion of the mind. The mind is really bad at "shadow games," thus our eyes are easily fooled (and our minds) by simple magic tricks. It simply has to do with how the brain extrapolates information from the 5 senses.

IF it is some sort of paranormal phenomena, I'd suggest you try to figure out what the "message" of the occurance is. However, I still go with the natural causes explanation.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
lol look at all these unbelievers! they almost pass for ignorants! people people, ghost are REAL. why cant people accept a fact of a little teeny tiny ghost LIVING in their house!? i mean. how many revolutions have taken place on our SOIL? do you all know how many dead/lost/confused souls that is to roam our planet for all eternity!?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hey... walk around taking pics with a 35mm camera and a digital cam... use both... digital cams are good for taking ghost pics, but, they do suffer from more side effects, such as dust causing orbs and smoke really messes up a pic on a digital cam...

the 35mm is best for ghost pics.. take 1 pic with the 35mm then the same pic with the digital cam.... that way, you'll get the negatives and you'll see the image with the digital camera...

heck some places dont charge for pics that have weird anomalies in them

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
ok guys stop that now.. *GulP*

top topics

join