It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Forbidden Secrets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

nice, glad you decided to join

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manbearpig

OMG! Thank you so much. New knowledge gives me a better understanding. This is why I enjoy ATS!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
overall i think this book was a good read although i personally feel they could have used more evidence to support some of the theories...still challenges the way you think

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

Welcome! I've found ATS to be a nice cross-section of skeptics and believers. You will find lots of food and fodder - the hard part is exercising your critical thinking ability. This is an ability that is slowly being socially engineered out of us. ATS is a great place to 'work-out'. This particular post is a great example.

Oh, yeah - don't take anything some people might say to you personally. Most of the 'haters' are overweight slobs living in their parents' basements and surviving on a steady diet of soda and chips - or they could be government disinformation agents - but, then what's the difference?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
One of the most interesting books i have ready, but is flawed in quite a few aspect.

1. Igan claims there is no depiction of Egyptians building the actual pyramids. I cant find the photo right now but there was a Discovery program a while back which clearly depicted many men hauling large block stones, it was depicted on a massive wall inside a temple.

2. Igan claims that bananas are a mysterious fruit? Bananas exist the way they do because of the way that humans farmers cultivate them, and they cannot sustain a human being with all the necessary nutrients.

3. He relies on Sitchin too much once he enters the Sumerian aspect of the book. It has been proven that a lot of Sitchins work has been directly mistranslated. I still think that a lot of it has truth to it though.

4. The Bible Code is VERY, VERY questionable, i dont deny its existence but one could find a code in almost every book by using a computer program to look at every possible combination.

Theres a few more but those are just of the top of my head. I do respect the author though, a lot of what he says is interesting and correct and i really feel this book is more of a ladder for those who read it, to do their own research and perhaps even continue on it and expand our current knowledge.

Good work Maxwell, looking forward to the History Makers.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just finished the book. Very interesting indeed. I have already come into contact with much of the information, but it was nice to have so much of it in one place.

For me there has never been any doubt that there is a link between all ancient civilizations and religions. There is absolutely no way these ancients could have understood the heavens so clearly without "outside" information.

It would be smart if he would go back over the text, correct spelling and clean up some of his wording. It would give it a much more polished effect. Overall I enjoyed the book very much.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome Manbearpig & RaDios!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could i make a kind request to Mr.Igan if he visits this thread to keep us updated as to how his new book is going and to answer some of the queries members have in this thread in regards to your book.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Be sure to check out Max's new interview with Michael Tsarion and John Lipscomb: www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker9991

I thought he bandied around the word "Fact" a little too freely - i read all 259 pages and while there was some intiguing stuff in there, he makes massive leaps from one mystery to another.

It didnt really follow much of a logical argument and he seemed to be trying to desperately piece together every conspiracy theory into a meta-conspiracy...

Interesting read.... highly dubious though.

Dave

.... btw, the references to australia were cool!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

hang on the irish meaning of ian is gaelic for john i should know cause im called ian and there is no gaelic word for ian

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
love the book

nice work connecting the dots

one question for Max, or anyone really

if the Mayans went through vast amounts of effort to predict celestial events to the greatest precision

...and they inherited their celestial knowledge from Sumer, which also has calendars to predict all kinds of celestial events

...then why is an accurate celestial notation of the movements of their own home planet Nibiru, and its predicted return missing from the calendars of Sumer and the Maya?

thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I've read this thread and find noone who noted that most of the physical evidence by this author for prehistorical man is in a previous book Forbidden Archeology by Micheal Cremo. It is a great read also.

Cremo's conclusions are more that modern archeologists simply systematically ignore these discoveries and the press will only report them eradically as they are discovered.

Michael Cremo has been on C2C several times.

Some of these discoveries have been debunked and most cannot be proven beyond a doubt unfortunately. It is best to look closely at each discovery with an open mind rather than accept them all.

I still believe in his theories for example the Baalzebob incredibly large stones (100 Ton?). There is no way to move that even today and we do have some incredible capabilities. Don't try to tell me that ancient man did it with pebbles and levers and intricate wooden supports. I've moved several ton loads before. The explainations I've seen so far would never move anything close to that Baalzebob stone!

Or how about the closely fited stones in SA or the Great Pyramid! Try to imagine how they did that with plant juice as someone theorized!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

" “To see the future you must look backwards” - the book of Isaiah "

A companion Bible a concordance and a good teacher will do more to help one see the future than you can possibly imagine.

But I'll take a quick look at the book. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I read the whole book, and have to say I am pretty impressed by the questions it raises. The biggest premise of the book is that creationism and darwinism are both flawed and he seems to prove his point quite well. His bibliography is also quite lengthy which is nice. I think he does a good job of breaking all this down by starting with the basics, and then going a bit further and further... someone who had never heard of any of this theory/ debunked conventional wisdom can read this quite easily from beginning to end, whereas they might be blown away and not give any of it serious thought if they were to instead start closer to the middle or end. So I think this is a very good primer to get the brain to thinking outside of the box that has been created for us by school, religion, government, and the media. I am so sickened lately by the barrage of the same old "news" that is always on. They really don't want us to think for ourselves at all! Sorry if I am rambling and preaching to the choir--this is my first post.

Howard

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

you would love the chapter on the bible code

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Who writes such long books? I've got a life!

I'm on page 150/260
Is it just me or do we need a complete Forum to discuss all the topics in the book!
I'm still wondering if he comes back to the mars counting system (i.e. dozen). If not I'm going to have to do some research myself. I think nobody has actually quite figured out where the 7-day week comes from and that could be a complete bashing for a lot of cultures and religion *hope* *very evil grin*
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!111oneoneoneeleveneleveneleven

BB,
Samuel

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
i've only begun to read part 1, but will research the points as i go along. Here's one view i've came across...

The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC. - - - - - - - On 6th July 1960 the U. S. Air Force responded to Prof. Charles H. Hapgood of Keene College, specifically to his request for an evaluation of the ancient Piri Reis Map: 6, July, 1960 Subject: Admiral Piri Reis Map TO: Prof. Charles H. Hapgood Keene College Keene, New Hampshire Dear Professor Hapgood, Your request of evaluation of certain unusual features of the Piri Reis map of 1513 by this organization has been reviewed. The claim that the lower part of the map portrays the Princess Martha Coast of Queen Maud Land, Antarctic, and the Palmer Peninsular, is reasonable. We find that this is the most logical and in all probability the correct interpretation of the map. The geographical detail shown in the lower part of the map agrees very remarkably with the results of the seismic profile made across the top of the ice-cap by the Swedish-British Antarctic Expedition of 1949. This indicates the coastline had been mapped before it was covered by the ice-cap. The ice-cap in this region is now about a mile thick. We have no idea how the data on this map can be reconciled with the supposed state of geographical knowledge in 1513. Harold Z. Ohlmeyer Lt. Colonel, USAF Commander - - - - - - - The official science has been saying all along that the ice-cap which covers the Antarctic is million years old. The Piri Reis map shows that the northern part of that continent has been mapped before the ice did cover it. That should make think it has been mapped million years ago, but that's impossible since mankind did not exist at that time.

Source: www.world-mysteries.com...

It's worth noting, that if some things that this guy Max allude to are true, there is a heck of a lot of dis-information being served to us by governments. Reminds me of Zeitgeist i guess. I took an anti-Zeitgeist stance on here very recently, basing it on what i could research as historical stuff on Horus. If we are being fed history that is BS, we are discrediting, potentially, the truth.

We gotta remember, from a very early age we are being told what way the world has been, and is. From school, we are constantly being taught be the establishment what way the world is. It has been going on so long, so big a part of us still beleives it all.

The effect of this is although some of us are attempting to be 'free-thinkers' (as i was with Zeitgeist), we are too easy to dismiss all alternative thinkers. This is not to say all are true, but we must also look at whatever evidence we use to debunk such people.

There is a chance, through our lifetime conditioning, we are still doing what the governments want, albeit sub-consciously.

If history is to be believed, throughout time, many free-thinkers have been labelled as idiots. By the people in power, and then the general population.

I've noticed a pattern emerging though. With the Zeitgeist film, and now this guy Max. If the banana thing that MAx wrote about is so obviously wrong, it is curious he included it. Also, Part 1 in Zeitgeist is largely inaccurate, if we believe history, as in Egyptian mythology. Why are these guys including stuff that actually makes folks doubt the whole veracity of the work. I think i'll ask them.

Take care
Wayne

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
manbearpig - are you related to the author?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I do not have a personal problem with Max Igan ( in fact i have never heard of him) but for such a controversial topic i believe that one should do your best to stick to people who have at least managed to get themselves published. To get published is a massive hurdle and to do so on these topics says a great deal.

If your not going to be spending money on this subject matter i wouldn't go anywhere other than the local library and get some classics. You can probably buy the books or find a book list at Mr (edit from c to v: that wasn't funny at all ) von Daniken site.

www.daniken.com...

After that type of classics you can go in many, many directions Jonathan Gray being but one of them:

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_product_top

www.beforeus.com...

If someone can buy some of Jonathan's books that might reduce the volume of the perpetual 'specials' he keeps wanting to sell me; feel absolutely free.

There are many more authors on this specific subject matter but i have not read as widely as i could and i would just later kick myself for leaving some out or putting them in order. If anyone has some time to spare i think it would help to make a list of published authors we can support.

Stellar

[edit on 22-12-2008 by StellarX]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join