It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Forbidden Secrets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

That's called Wales.

It's so good you have to pay to visit Wales when crossing the severn bridge but it's free to visit England

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hello everyone, my name is Max. I authored the book you are discussing. Unfortunately I dont remember my ID here as I dont visit that often due to time constraints and so I have been forced to post anonymously.

I thank you for pointing out some typos that I made and for the unfortunate error in linking to the wrong image in the case of the Franco Rosselli map of 1737. I have since replaced that picture with the correct image. I did check the book for typos but some may have still escaped me so if you find any more please do not hesitate to let me know.

The book represents the route I took in acquiring knowledge about the past and where the journey had taken me up to that point in my life (about 6 years ago). There is very little talk of anything of an esoteric nature, it is merely an objective look at history. It is my attempt to take the reader on that journey with me and share what I had learned and the conclusions it had led me to draw in one concise package in the hope of helping them with their own quest for knowledge and perhaps pointing them in the direction of some interesting things to research for themselves. Of course, I have learned a great deal more since that time and am more than willing to listen to anyones further research into any of the topics mentioned. Life is about learning after all and as Socrates once said: "Wisdom is knowing how little we actually know". I had almost completed part 2 but lost it due to a hard drive failure a few months ago and unfortunately I am now forced to either start again from scratch or abandon the project altogether though I suspect it will be the former.

I hope you enjoy the first book and I thank you for taking the time to read it and I hope it is of some assistance to you all on your own quests for knowledge and answers.

Peace and good energy on your journeys my friends
max

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm reading it, and he's starting to rant a little too much about the real meaning of conspiracies too much around page 18.
Started off good though. I'll keep reading and see how it goes. I just hope he keeps it informative and professional.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by manbearpig

Great Post Thank you so much ..Videos and book just great ........

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

How could the ancients move blocks of stone? Here is an interesting site that shows that it might be easier than we thought .... if you have a smooth roadbed or platform to work on. The individual is a retired carpenter who likes to figure things out and is not limited by preconceived notions. I found the site interesting.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

At the suggestion of a few readers interested in discussing this further while staying on-topic, I have started a new thread "How the Ancients could have moved large stones" with a snippet from the above website and a reposting of the link. This guy is really clever.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by pteridine]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow Ihave just read all the way to the beginning of the 3rd chapter and you just made my day and probably my week. Just reading this leads me to build my own theories. I'll post one if you want to hear it

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Possibly an apostrophe in 'Earths' [Forbidden History], and another one in 'Authors' [Note], champ.

That's just what I've noticed upon opening the file...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by HunkaHunka

How could the ancients move blocks of stone? Here is an interesting site that shows that it might be easier than we thought .... if you have a smooth roadbed or platform to work on. The individual is a retired carpenter who likes to figure things out and is not limited by preconceived notions. I found the site interesting.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

THIS IS AMAZING!

Yes.. this is exactly the type of thing I mean. It is so stupid to assume that our ancestors couldn't figure out different ways of doing things or approaching problems than we do.

Thanks for this post!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I ran across this article on something called a cradle runner. It attaches to a stone block. Once attached, the block can be rolled where needed using a lot less labor.

Cradle runner

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Thank you for sharing this website Pteridine, Anyone claiming the pyramids can't be done just needs to look at this and watch some of the videos.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You Rock Max!!!! Thanks for the amazing book

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Before anyone else bashes on the book read this quote from the website.

"It is my hope that people will not simply take what is said
in this book as the truth, but will research and find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized."

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
still reading most of the information have seen from various different sources. The "stone softening plants" that ancients used to build seemingly imposible stone temples and such... Interesting

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Very interesting reading, and the Dropa story was really cool. Here is a further link on the Dropa disks:

www.crystalinks.com...

Photos claiming to show Dropa Disks are in fact Bi Disks, thousands of which have been found throughout China, mostly in the Southeastern Provinces. Bi Disks range in size of a few inches to several feet, and are most commonly made of jade or nephrite, with a round or square small central hole.

Most Bi Disks date to the Neolithic Period (c. 3000 BCE), but are found up to the Shang Dynasty Period. Bi Disks beyond the Shang Period are usually more ornate, carved with dragons, snakes and sometimes fish, and used in ritual ceremonies.

Most Neolithic Bi Disks were found in gravesites, buried beneath the head or feet of the deceased. It is theorized that this was to assist the deceased's spirit. No Bi Disks have been found to contain writing or spiral grooves as described in the Dropa story by authors such as Hartwig Hausdorf.

The Dropa Disks are said to be only 12 inches in diameter. However, one black and white photograph claimed by Hausdorf and others to display a Dropa Disk clearly shows the disk resting on a seat, and it is clearly several feet in diameter and has no markings whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Israel's Stonehenge older than the Egypt pyramids

godssecret.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I will flag the thread at least to give props to the poster bringing this to attention and of course for the writer that went to all this trouble to offer us some free content, although I do believe there is going to be a "sell" button soon for the "sequels".

I am going to read the whole PDF, but honestly it looks like the work of some recently unemployed person that previously used to deal with publishing etc or someone with too much time on his hands that decided to make another story from already widely publicized and widely known facts, pretty much like the Terra Papers. To give a hint, even religious groups used and still use that stuff for attracting peoples' attention, like the WatchTower society for the Jehovas' Witnesses church, that used to quote many of Erick von Daeniken work.

I do appreciate the work though, but come on, don't present anything like the TRUTH about the Human race, please. Just tell the world that it is about a nice fairytale.

How can you discover if something is original or not.

Well here is the trick. Anything of historical significance, although controversial but with really firm grounds HAS TO deal with the Greek scholars. if it is not mentioned, forget it, it does not exist. OF COURSE there is a problem there, nobody has the balls to touch myths, literature, and ancient scholars in such an "out of the box" approach because, the academia will shred this effort in to pieces and you know something? The academia will be probably right!
Now if you have Egyptian or Sumerian or any kind of folklore that this epigraph could mean one thing and then another 10 different things, it depends on how much you have to drink that day, you know? I mean you see a symbol of a crocodile for example or of a dude with a human body and a crocodiles' head, and then there is a chance that some people will interpret this as for example. the symbolic depiction of a proposed father of the reptilian race, that might be the father of the little grays from zeta reticuli that abduct people... You get the meaning..

On the other hand there are the myths.. oh yes, no one touches the myths, they are plain myths, ..BUT oh..well look at this crocodile depiction in Gizah, isn't it cute? Ok lets make this one the alien father of the human race..

Phlease!

[edit on 15-12-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This sounds very interesting! I have downloaded the book and will begin to read it tonight. Will post my thoughts when iv finished.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have to say this is a great read. I've been going through different parts but cant stop! Can I buy this book in any book shop? I prefer sitting down with a book rather than reading from a screen.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

"I do appreciate the work though, but come on, don't present anything like the TRUTH about the Human race, please. Just tell the world that it is about a nice fairytale."

-------------------------------------------

Read the whole thing before throwing out such aggressive statements. Ive finished the whole thing (gave me messed up dreams last night) and it doesnt seem like Max is really forcing anything as the "TRUTH". Its more of a "heres some interesting anomalies" which he encourages the reader to research on their own and take it as they see fit.

Most of the stuff in the book I was pretty familiar with...except... for the bananas. He made some great points about the bananas and I'm going to wiki them today as all I know about them is that they make some great smoothies and prevent muscle cramps.

Peace

Thanks to the OP.. Star for this awesome free read.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Dropa Mystery is one of te great stories of C20th. If it is true that is. I read that Eric Von Daniken admitted to making it all up. There are no official records of the mysterious doctor. This does not mean it didn't happen as Chairman Mao may have destroyed the evidence. There are a lot of discussions on the web, although all research heads back to the same sources.
Does anyone have a definative angle on the dropa?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join