It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What I don't get is why Gaza wouldn't declare it's own Independence from all these other countries and set up their own system in such a way that it would benefit both them and the bordering countries.

If Egypt has a problem with sudden inflation due to them coming in then why not allow only certain members to purchase food and bring it back to Gaza. These same people could be considered transporters.

Then allow those who want to sell their goods in Gaza to gain access right on the edge of the boarder to set up and sell goods. But at the same time warn them if they have problems they are on their own. Then Gaza could set up security teams to protect these folks who want to sell their goods along the edge. Any security member caught taking advantage of the merchants will be shot on sight, until a court system can be established and criminals tried and convicted if they are guilty.

Am I missing something here?

When it comes down to it they are their own worst enemy in this case. Do these people have some type of system in place that is being suppressed or are they just running rampant under the old adage "looking out for myself"

I see a lot of possibilities and potential on their part but I don't see any one trying to use this potential to gain a political high ground to ease their suffering. Are they that stupid? Or what am I missing here?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is simply crazy. The world stands by and watches our fellow humans suffer???
This is so dissapointing to see, and the country of Israel should be embarrased after all they been through to allow this to happen!!

Give them food, Give them dignity and maybe they wont be so hateful to the the jewish state. Lets all say a prayer for these poor souls. For me it makes it harder every day we get nearer to Xmas to even think about a festive meal when I know stuff like this is going on.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1
...Israel should be embarrased after all they been through to allow this to happen!!

Give them food, Give them dignity and maybe they wont be so hateful to the the jewish state.

Either you are just trolling this thread, or you are smoking something.

Did you read WHY Israel is doing this? Don't make yourself look foolish.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'd suggest a private food help fund to load a ship filled with food and MSM reporters from all over the world and ship into Gaza. See what the Israelis are gonna do then.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A few weeks ago a ship from Libya carrying aid was turned back off the Gaza coast by Israeli gunboats. A week or so ago another vessel carrying aid - food and medicines etc, as confirmed by the police who boarded it and searched it - this time from an Israeli port was not allowed to even set sail and several crew were arrested. The Israeli navy have been harassing Gazan fishermen and even spraying them with noxious chemicals preventing them from fishing.

And now, the Iranian Red Crescent is sending another vessel with aid which, I think, is due to set sail very soon. I wonder what the Israeli response to this will be?

Maybe I am smoking something its making me see this on this thread. Lets just see what happens when Iran sends food.

reply to post by ATS4dummies

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

Iran funds the weaponry being fired into Israel and can never be trusted with all the rhetoric coming from Ahmadinerjad. The Israelis are under attack by Gaza after giving it independent rule. The terror must end and then a solution may be found.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by mystiq

Any people with half a brain realise that you cannot fight a war without having the basics in place.

Even if Palestinians wanted to wage war, should they not spend their money on food first before rockets?

They haven't and thus are consigned to their fate via their own stupidity.

There are intelligent ways to fight occupation (Gandhi) and then there are moronic ones (Palestinians).

Excuse me sir, would you prefer to live well fed in a prison, under occupation, your land and rights stripped away
or get weapons, stand for your freedom and your land?

And also could you explain why ships containing food and aid are turned away by israelis?

[edit on 14-12-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You got it! What right does anyone have to deny the ability to have food. Seems to me they have bitched and complained about this since world war 2 only to do in my opinion an even worse thing.

If only I still had my magic wand!
reply to post by TheOracle

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Israel does not ocupy Gaza. What occupation? When Israel was occupying Gaza conditions were much much better. And what Palestinian land exactly? Look at UN partition plan - area surrounding Gaza is Israeli.
So if you agree with Hamas way of fighting to the death, why are you so worried about lack of basic stuff in Gaza. Fighters indeed need rockets. Civilian ballast that wants to live like a human being is just a pawns in a game.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Have you noticed the people in this thread saying Israel is at fault?
When you give them a logical retort, they don't address it.

If Israel turned away a ship, you need to say ***WHY*** did they turn the ship away.

You are all just providing examples but giving no logical reasons.
You make yourselves look foolish when you leave it to someone else to provide a logical reason which contradicts your position.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
YOU SIMPLY DO NOT ATTACK CIVILIANS.

Exactly which Gazians are the civilians who disapprove of the massive and continuing attacks upon Israel? Good luck finding any. As I said - they either are part of the attacks or they approve.

I don't care if Hamas uses artillery on Israel,

Obviously.

The only reason why Westerners are still on Israel's side is because of the stupid media, intelligent agencies, and idiots.

:shk: Idiots eh? Get educated already.

Originally posted by Darthorious
What I don't get is why Gaza ... Are they that stupid?

Yes.

Give them food, Give them dignity and maybe they wont be so hateful to the the jewish state.

That's a pipe dream. The Palestinian children are taught in school that Jews are apes and pigs. Yes - exactly that - apes and pigs. That they aren't even human. And as far as giving them dignity - the Palestinians are the ones that have lowered themselves to the value of animals by their behavior. If they'd behave in a civilized fashion then they'd earn some respect.

If the Jews to gave 'food and dignity' it would do no good. The Palestinians were given land that they had no right to and still they hate the Jews. Those in the Gaza are scum that even the Arabs don't want on their land. Their brothers in Egypt won't even let them in. So quit pointing at the Jews.

Lets just see what happens when Iran sends food.

Riiiiiiiiight. Food and what else in those containers?
Considering Iran said it wants Israel wiped off the map - I'm sure that those 'food containers' on the ships have more than just food in them. Arms and ammo for those in the Gaza to kill Jews. No doubt. Israel knows this and Israel is right to turn away any alleged Iranian 'food' shipments.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Israeli navy have been harassing Gazan fishermen and even spraying them with noxious chemicals preventing them from fishing.

Hey, I'm reasonable. Give me a link to a news story. What kind of chemicals (If this really happened)? What would their motives be (IF that actually happened)?

If you don't do this, people are going to think you are stupid. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, so meet me half way here.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The point Sir is do you need food? What would your response be when your land, food lively hood and all else is taken from you?

I guess its "Stupid" have compassion? Do you really need a news thread to see whats going on ?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The Israeli navy have been harassing Gazan fishermen and even spraying them with noxious chemicals preventing them from fishing.

No, the point is you just made an outrageous accusation and when someone calls you on it, you do not defend your own words.

Where is the link, and photos of being sprayed. ANYTHING! I'll take it but I doubt you will respond to this and just deflect the conversation again. Prove me wrong please.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The point Sir is do you need food?

Then perhaps the idiots in the Gaza had better start playing nice with the rest of the world and start behaving in a CIVILIZED manner especially with the countries on their own borders. Only morons would attack a larger and much more powerful country on it's border. Like I said - they deserve the Darwin Award.

Israel is under no obligation to supply the freaks who attack them with food. If Gaza isn't getting food in, then it's their own damn fault. They have continually attacked Israel so Israel naturally doesn't want to help them. And they behave so poorly that Egypt and the other middle eastern countries don't want any part of them.

They made their own bed. They are now sleeping in it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies

No, the point is you just made an outrageous accusation and when someone calls you on it, you do not defend your own words.

Where is the link, and photos of being sprayed. ANYTHING! I'll take it but I doubt you will respond to this and just deflect the conversation again. Prove me wrong please.

www.sundayherald.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

electronicintifada.net...

www.uruknet.de...

There are plenty more accounts of Israeli attacks and harassment of Gazan fishermen but it rarely gets mentioned by the MSM. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thanks for the links, I'm checking them out now...

(2 line post...)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you bother to do a little research, you'll find that other Arab nations and even Israeli Human Rights groups are trying to deliver food and medical aid but Israel will not let it through.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The piece in question was posted earlier by "Brit Guy" and unlike you I did the research.
For a people that have had the worst treatment any human can imagine to not even allow UN food go in is total. BS and they should be ashamed
lets ask Brit guy to show you his links

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Um, maybe if they didn't keep attacking Israel... Israel wouldn't have to do this. If no one attacks them they don't need to defend themselves. If no one attacks them they don't need to build walls and seal off areas. So maybe they "oh so poor" Palestinians should stop blowing up school buses and hospitals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join