It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

"Kyllä Perkele, nyt alkaa riittämään, Saatana!"

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Israel has no obligation to feed its enemy. Hamas should ditch the rockets and start farming- they should take care of themselves.

Well the Palestinians have tried farming but Israel keeps bulldozing their harvest so that the Israeli settlers can extend their farms living near by.

So the only solution for Israel is either they return the Palestinian lands back or keep eating bombs from Hamas.

sty

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I expect that the video shows only a partial truth. I agree people do suffer, but something is too cheesy in the video . You just have to watch another video , made by the other side - they would show "terrorists" bombing cilvil jewish cities , kids being torn apart by bombs etc. As long as both sides believe they are right this war will never end.
And about palestine - someone said they should start farming - how in the world can you do that if you have such a small portion of land with 1.5 million people? I believe that Egypt should try to annex Gaza . and this could end up the suffering. People of Gaza should be asked to vote if they wish to become Egyptian citisens.. this would allow a flow of humanitarian help , electrical services etc to come into Gaza..this would also give more security to the borders.. maybe this could be a begining for an Arabic Union after the EU model ? this would create more power balance in the middle east..

[edit on 14-12-2008 by sty]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
so why dont Egypt open there boarders and let them have supplies and movement to come and go as they please.. oh thats right i just remembered the last time they got into Egypt they robbed the place blind and the Egyptian security walled them back inside Gaza ..

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-12-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Perhaps the Palestinians ought to start focusing on their own quality of life instead of fighting an unwinnable war against Israel.

If they can muster the manpower to mount repeated terrorist attacks against Israel; if they can source and fire rockets... then why can't they feed their own people?

Israel has no obligation to feed its enemy. Hamas should ditch the rockets and start farming- they should take care of themselves.

These people are having their lands, and communities invaded by Israel. They are being murdered and deprived basic human rights. If it was happening here all hell would break loose. They're an invaded people. I really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Do you have a clue what this is about. I'd be fighting for my children tooth and nail let me tell you. I know you would be too!

[edit on 14-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well i certainly understand your anger. Situation in Gaza is awful. Israel has it closed and sealed.
But you know what - i eat my meals without any second thaught. And the reason is THERE ARE ROCKETS BEING FIRED DAILY ON ISRAEL. There is money for rockets, there is support for rockets, there is manpower for rockets - and yet all the fields that Israeli settlers grew food on (for Israel and export, in large ammounts) are not worked on. And it is now Gaza. It is not under Israeli occupation. So it is nice to look defender of weak and feader of hungry. But it is the strategical choice of Palestinian leaders in Gaza to keep its own , not Israeli, population hungry and broken. So what exactly Israel should do to stop rockets, tell me? Invade Gaza and kill thousands?? Or crawl in the corner and die? And don't tell me - peace process. Hamas, democratically chosen Palestinian government, does not recognise Israel's right to exist. Their spokesman openly state that Palestinians should prefer death and sucrifices over normal life.
As for ordinary people (majority) - as this family - that probably (or maybe not, it is not the point) hates Hamas just as Israel, policy of their leaders is not their choice. But its consequences are for them to pay. I would advise to try and leave Gaza in anyway possible - to Egypt, to Palestinian authority territory. But i will not protest against policy of my government - just as them are not protesting against theirs, since there is no good choice. I refuse to agree to "normal" situation when entire Israeli south is bombarded daily.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

Well the Palestinians have tried farming but Israel keeps bulldozing their harvest so that the Israeli settlers can extend their farms living near by.

Would you be so kind and show me the source for that? And as for very uneducated farmers remark - border between Israel and Gaza did not change, all the Jews were evicted from Gaza. What Israeli settlers are you talking about?
I mean - there are tons of wrong info on this thread - like Israel controls all the borders of Gaza, like Palestine being constantly invaded when land controlled by Palestinians increases every year. Like Israel shelling Gaza for every mortar/rocket.
Come on guys - at least pretend to be fair, i am not talking about objectives. Zionists are real Nazis and Hitler just a cute boss. Come on!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Israel is attacked constantly by rockets fired by Gazans. Hamas should stop this act of terror. It does nothing. Israel is responding in a very limited fashion regarding this terror from Gaza.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
There is no justification to this...

:shk:

Those in the Gaza have repeatedly attacked Israel. Those that haven't attacked, have either approved or turned a blind eye to the attacks.

Israel is FULLY within it's rights not to support those who wish it destroyed.

FULLY. And I approve.

Those in the Gaza have made their own bed.
Now they can sleep in it.

They can use Egypt for a food source.
Unless they have been idiots and attaacked them as well.
The GAZA gets the Darwin Award. They are idiots.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I havent heard Palestinians making "terrorist" acts in Israel for a long time...

Then open your eyes and educate yourself.

List of Palestinian attacks
Go ahead .. pick a year.

fatalities list
More Palestinian Attacks
Israeli gov't lists victims of Palestinian Violence
ADL lists major terrorist attacks by Palestinians

[edit on 12/14/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Any people with half a brain realise that you cannot fight a war without having the basics in place.

Even if Palestinians wanted to wage war, should they not spend their money on food first before rockets?

They haven't and thus are consigned to their fate via their own stupidity.

There are intelligent ways to fight occupation (Gandhi) and then there are moronic ones (Palestinians).

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
By the way - fresh news:
compare this

The Palestinian group Hamas will not renew a truce with Israel in the Gaza Strip that expires later this month

news.yahoo.com...
and this:

Israel is willing to renew a six-months old ceasefire deal with Hamas in and around the Gaza Strip if militants halt all attacks against the Jewish state

news.yahoo.com...
Or those evil Nazis. Want to renew truce if not fired upon. But good guys will not go for it and keep starve their voters - it is for good cause.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
WHOA....
Hold on folks, did you read the article?
Do you know why they closed the boarders?

Well here is why:
Israel says it will open the borders again when Hamas stops launching rockets at southern Israel. Hamas says it will crack down on the rocket launchers when Israel opens the borders.

So here is the situation...
1) Hamas/Palestine bomb Israeli buses
2) Hamas/Palestine bomb Israeli cafe's
3) Hamas/Palestine bomb Israeli markets
4) Hamas/Palestine bomb Israeli schools
5) Hamas/Palestine bomb Israeli roads
6) Hamas/Palestine bomb their own people if they get in the way.

THAT is why the border is closed.

Maybe if Hamas spent the money they get on ==> food for their own people instead of rockets... then the borders wouldn't be closed.
Right? RIGHT?!!!!

How can these victims be Israel's fault when the whole reason these victims cannot get food is they live in a land where the Palestine leadership chooses to spend money on things that go BOOM rather than feed their own people.

The whole reason these people need to cross the border is because Israel has always made good, smart decisions and has a healthy economy because of it. In short, The leadership of Israel behaves rationally. The reason the Palestine Leadership has virtually no economy is because they are hell bent on spending every last dime they have on blowing people up. If Palestine had treated Israel as fellow human beings from day 1, Israel would have treated them as a member of their own family and would have done anything to help them in any time of need. Instead, Palestine and everyone else in the entire region became the neighbors from hell.

Here's what it really comes down to... After thousands of years, Jews were finally given a patch of land they could finally call home, and NOBODY has welcomed them EVER.

Israel is surrounded instead, by people of a broken culture, who have no desire to improve their lot in life. Their whole self identity is based upon an "enemy" mentality. That is why the ONLY way Israel will have peace in THEIR own land is to seal the borders.

If the others refuse to get along with Israel, then let them build their OWN economies. Israel is finally fed up, and I don't blame them at all.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think Israel has the rite to defend its land, but I also think they could help out their neighbors with some food and needed things for the people. Love your enemy.

When US when into war with Afganistan, I saw videos where food was taken to the civilians .

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
From what information I could find online, Egypt controls its side of the border with Gaza and could reopen it if they wish. I imagine there are reasons of safety for Egypt that would dissuade it from doing so, as Israel is not likely to view Egypt kindly should it choose to do so.

One or two of you mentioned that the Gazans looted Egypt when the border wall was torn down earlier this year. I was unable to find any mention of this. What was said was that due to so much Gazan money flooding the Egyptian markets, Egypt suffered severe inflation and supply shortages in affected areas (the affected region continued as far as Arish). Gazans purchased and brought into Gaza enough food to last them three months, and enough fuel for two days. Egyptian merchants entered into Gaza during this time to sell their wares.

Reading the events of the wall breach, it appears that Egypt, after allowing the crossings for a few days, began to attempt to slow the influx and pursuade Gazans to return. The idea had been to allow them to gather goods and return to Gaza, but Egypt failed to consider the fact that Gazans would not eagerly return to the confines of Gaza.

[edit on 14/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You see, when you're mad at another country you don't take it on the civilians. YOU SIMPLY DO NOT ATTACK CIVILIANS.

Attacking civilians will create nationalism on the victim's side and chaos will ensue. Luftwaffe in England in WWI targeted civilians when it should have targeted strategic locations. As a result, Britain fended off the German attack and received a decent morale boost.

I don't care if Hamas uses artillery on Israel, Israel is committing atrocities that are ten times worse.

The average person Palestine lives on 3 LITERS OF WATER PER DAY.
The average Floridian uses 1500 LITERS OF WATER PER DAY.

The only reason why Westerners are still on Israel's side is because of the stupid media, intelligent agencies, and idiots.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Then why are Palestine bombing Israeli schools, bus stops, pizza parlors....

C'Mon man! you MUST be JOKING!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes indeed, blame those evil Israelis.

Of course, you don't blame the Arab fanatics that keep shooting rockets at Israeli towns. You don't blame the extremist Palestinians that tunnel under the border and attack Israeli settlements, and abduct and murder Israeli's.

You don't blame Hamas, which has murdered thousands of Palestinian's that support Fatah, and has blocked their families from obtaining food and other necessities.

You do not blame Hamas, which encourages the attacks against Israel.

No of course you don't, because it is all the evil Israeli's fault.

More than enough food is allowed into aza. It is Hamas that controlls who gets it, and who does not. Hamas and Israel had an agreement that allowed the flow of all materials (except for munitions) into Gaza, so long as Hamas stopped the attacks against Israeli civilians.

Hamas broke the agreement, not Israel.

You want to hate someone, choose the right people to hate. It is Hamas that has never kept a single agreement that they have signed.

Isn't it strange that the West Bank has no shortage of food, or of anything else.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Perhaps the Palestinians ought to start focusing on their own quality of life instead of fighting an unwinnable war against Israel.

If they can muster the manpower to mount repeated terrorist attacks against Israel; if they can source and fire rockets... then why can't they feed their own people?

Phew!! lol. I was starting to panic there I thought maybe I was the only one that felt like this. Keep in mind that this viewpoint doesn't justify isreal, people. It just shows me that the ptb in palestine are more concerned about killing isreal than feeding it's own people. It's insanity. Didn't the palestinian people elect hamas? I can't imagine a concept more at odds with self preservation than enabling people who voted for the government that calls for your destruction. Is it a justification for isreal? NO. But is it a reason? yes (isreal is however must more justified than the us was with iraq, so anyone who judges isreal and is from the states is a hypocrite, or didn't do enough-sad but true). Oh and also why can't the un just enter from somewhere else??? I mean c'mon. No we HAVE go in through isreal because...ummm.......they like to feed the mouth that bites them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join