It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Dooper, why are you still pushing that Media propaganda? We all know its bogus and many of the attacks are caried out by paid mercs and patsies. What that has all got to do with the Israelis stealing the Palestinian land I don't know but back on track. Peace will only come to Israel/lebanon when both sides accept that they have to live together.

The Jewish people more than anyone else should realise that you cannot extermninate people without paying for the consequences. The Israelis have a choice they either make peace or they cease to exist as a nation. I'm sure they dont' want that who would but it must be recognised that their continuing crimes cannot go unpunished.

The Palestinians too also have to realise they they cannot justify their claims by killing Israelis. that said the majority of Palestinians aren't kiling anyone, they jsut want to farm their land and live in peace. Until the Israelis stop taking the land and preventing the Palestinians from providing for themselves this running sore will never heal.

Perhaps neiher side want this perhaps they would rather keep on figthing as it it gives some meaning for their existance.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hello Mr. Dooper

Just a reminder, the topic here is titled 'Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border'.

Pseudo intellectual? Not in the slightest, I am not even an intellectual. But thanks for the compliment.

You, however, are a dissembler and a practised obscurantist. My question is, for whose benefit are you writing to me? Clearly you and I will not agree and I do not buy an iota of what you peddle so why bother.

I really don't know why you even engage with me on points you wish to force. Just a reminder, this article is about Palestinians resorting to eating grass to stave off the hunger imposed by the Israeli blockade.

Why do you direct your condescension and hostility towards me for merely being horrified, expressing my opinions on a public forum and refusing to uncritically accept your distortions?

Do you not believe in a free and plural society? Do I have to passively accept zionist dogma in the face of the inhumanity mete out to Palestinians?

If you do not wish to engage with me in this forum as any other normal ATS member, please cease and desist from communicating directly to my posts.

[edit on 033131p://pm3112 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A quote from a well respected Isreali.

"David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?"

Lets see who can argue against that one.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Israel is a historical fact of life. I have a collection of lawn mowers. One Is an electric Flymo, another is a Honda petrol type, the other is a Dutchie one with a Jap motor (half the price of a Honda). They cut the grass and feed it into a collecting device which is emptied into a pile of manure. Keep it green, keep it environmental.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

A train wreck is a news item and Israel is train wreck every day. Keep it real. I have many pairs of shoes, one is good for walking, another good for driving and many pairs are good for aiming the soles at those that take a pound of flesh from our bodies.

Manure is good for those that celebrate scatology. Know wot I mean?

Please stick to the topic which about Israeli war crimes against the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Stick to Israeli war crimes? This thread is about Arabs eating grass. Tesco doesn't sell it. Some folk do smoke it. Never met any folk who eat it...........................just cows!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Mush, those numbers of Islamic religious murders are real, and deep down you know it. You can't refute them, so you deny them.

Intellectual dishonesty. That's the spirit.

Israeli's are not stealing Palestinian land. The land was won in 1967 from Jordan, revalidated again in 1973, and absolutely belongs to Israel. You can't steal something that is already yours.

If these Jordanians, posing as Palestinians don't like the current landlords, they should relocate to more suitable living arrangements.

The Gazans too. The Israeli's have pulled out of Gaza entirely, let them have that territory, and that's just not good enough for them.

Like little dogs, they yap and yap at the big truck, but they aren't stopping that truck, nor have any hope of changing the direction of the truck. They keep running in front of it, and they just may get run over.

The Gazans are eating grass? I hear that in Jordan, and even in portions of Egypt, the grass is truly greener on those other sides.

Even cattle are smart enough for that.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I refer you to my earlier post re what the first Israeli prime minster said. The Isrelis want the Palestinians dead end of its as simple as that and if you support that view then you support crimes against humanity and genocide.

I support the view that we all have to live somewhere and no one has the right to steal some one elses land. I don't care if it was made legal in law it still is not right. Just as American are being cleared off their land right now that is not right also. But what makes it worse is the fact that the Jews hate all none Jews and this is proven by their actions. But they do not need to hate anyone, no one is saying they don't have right to land or to exist yet they are saying and doing it to others.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Prime Minister Ben Gurion stepped down in 1963.

The Israeli's won the land, and it became Israeli land in 1967.

Ben Gurion's statements then in 1967 became moot.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
His comments have not become moot, he said they stole the land from the Arabs full stop. It does not change history does it. He is not the only Jew to say it. The land was obtained by the use of force, that is called stealing, theft of some one elses property.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Fascinating to observe a zionist claim that you can win land. It clearly show a disassociated mentality indifferent to being of the land.

Reminds me of the Judgement of Solomon, Kings 3:16-28.

Wiki....where two new mothers approach Solomon, bringing with them a single baby boy. Each mother presents the same story - she and the other woman live together. One night, soon after the birth of their respective children, the other woman woke to find that she had smothered her own baby in her sleep. In anguish and jealousy, she took her dead son and exchanged it with the other's child. The following morning, the woman discovered the dead baby, and soon realized that it was not her own son, but the other woman's. After some deliberation, King Solomon calls for a sword to be brought before him. He declares that there is only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cries out, "Please, My Lord, give her the live child - do not kill him!" However, the liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaims, "It shall be neither mine nor yours - divide it!" Solomon instantly gives the baby to the real mother, realizing that the true mother's instincts were to protect her child, while the liar revealed that she did not truly love the child. Solomon by his wisdom avoids the destruction of the subject matter of the dispute (the baby). There is no reason to believe that destruction was ever his intent.

One can not win land; you can conquer lands by invading then absorbing or exterminating the inhabitants. Land is not like poker chips or a competition. the US invaded Iraq but it has not won it. It can conquer it and take possession by absorbing the Iraqis but I don't think that is the objective.

However lands that have been won are the US, Canada, the continent of South America, Australia and New Zealand. Israel is not amongst this group but is similar to Apartheid South Africa. It will not absorb the Palestinians due to philosophical principles nor can it use ethnic liquidation methods for obvious reasons.

The tactic Israel has opted for is to concentrate the Palestinians in ever decreasing areas while stealing the land from underneath their feet. The shock troops for this conquest are the settlers creating facts on the ground. Another zionist state apparatus is the Wall.

While this is going on, life for the Palestinians is being made incrementally more difficult. This is to assuage the concern of Western citizenry and get world opinion accustomed to the situation. There will come a point when Palestinians will pack up and leave of their duress induced own accord and settle in foreign refugee camps.

When this happens, zionist will have finally won an emptied land.

[edit on 063131p://pm3127 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Don't they have a border with Egypt? Why can't the UN go in through the Egyptian side?

Hey, quite bringing common sense here, everyone on ATS knows that Gaza is completely surrounded by Israel.

This thread is strictly for people who hate Israel, and we all know the collective noun for that particular group.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

One cannot win land?

Ask the Finns about that. They lost a pretty good chunk about six decades ago.

Ask the Jordanians. They lost land.

Geez, what a statement.

Every national border in existence today has been the result of war, somewhere in the past.

Break out a history book.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Don't they have a border with Egypt? Why can't the UN go in through the Egyptian side?

Hey, quite bringing common sense here, everyone on ATS knows that Gaza is completely surrounded by Israel.

This thread is strictly for people who hate Israel, and we all know the collective noun for that particular group.

Perhaps you should do your homework?

and:

The breach of the Gaza-Egypt border began on January 23, 2008, after gunmen in the Gaza Strip set off an explosion near the Rafah Border Crossing, destroying part of the former Israeli Gaza Strip barrier. The United Nations estimates that as many as half the 1.5 million population of the Gaza Strip crossed the border into Egypt seeking food and supplies.[1] Israeli police went on an increased alert due to fears that militants would acquire weapons in Egypt.[1]

Israel has controlled the Gazan side of the border since the Six Day War of 1967; Egypt closed its side in June 2007 days before the Hamas party took control over Gaza at the end of the Fatah-Hamas conflict;[2][3] The breach followed a blockade of the Gaza Strip by Israel beginning in part that same June, with fuel supply reductions in October 2007.[4] A total blockade had begun on January 17, 2008 following a rise in rocket attacks on Israel emanating from Gaza.[1]

Although Israel demanded Egypt reseal the border due to security concerns, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak ordered his troops to allow crossings to alleviate the humanitarian crisis, while verifying that the Gazans did not attempt to bring weapons back to use against Israel.

The United Nations Human Rights Council condemned Israel for the 15th time in less than two years on January 24, calling the blockade collective punishment.[5] However, the proceedings were boycotted by Israel and the United States.

On January 27, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert promised that Israel would no longer disrupt the supply of food, medicine and necessary energy into the Gaza Strip.[6] President Mubarak meanwhile announced plans to meet separately with representatives of Hamas and Fatah to come to a new border control agreement.[6]

In the first five days, Gazans spent some US$250 million in Egypt's North Sinai Governorate's capital of Arish alone.[7] The sudden enormous demand there for staple products led to large local price rises and some shortages.

On February 3, Gaza's Foreign minister, Mahmoud al-Zahar, announced that Hamas and Egypt would cooperate in controlling the border without Israeli oversight.[8] The border was closed, after 11 days, except for travelers returning home.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...(2008)

Additionally, the Arab League has called to start supplying aid through Egypt.
Try again, now without mirroring perhaps?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You cant compare Finland vs USSR to Israel vs Palestine.

- War was announced to begin and to end
- Finland was never occupied
- Civil population stayed behind front lines
- Land what we lost was accepted in peace treaty
- Both sides respected rules of engagements
- Lost territory was evacuated before regime change
- Both sides had uniforms and organized army
- No collective punishments was made
- Civil rights was respected even in battles

I cant see anything same, but in both situations politic is made with weapons.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
'In Gaza, all dreams and hope have gone'

"Merry Christmas from Zionist regimes!"

"During the months of the blockade, everything in my life has changed. Before, I would wake up and hope that tomorrow would be better than today. But it never happened. The reason is simple. It is because I live in Gaza, where all dreams and hope vanish because of the situation we live in."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
One Yacht Made Its Way To Gaza!

Katia Nasser, one of the correspondents of the Qatari-based Al-Jazeera TV network, was on board the ship and reported from there that it carried expensive medications to treat cancer and acute depression in addition to other medicines for children along with baby milk powder and toys.

www.uruknet.info...

- Thats the way to use wisely those luxury yachts!

Gentlemens, Start Your Engines!

[edit on 21-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Boy that Chertoff is a beauty. That is definitely an Eastern European face probably Transylvanian. No way is that a Semitic face.

I see that the US has hired Skeletor as head of H.Land Security.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just watched a reportage on Dutch television in which citizens of Sderot. Sderot is a town close to the Gaza border which is attacked on a daily basis by Palestinian terrorists.

They teamed up and are in touch with Palestinians living in Gaza on a daily basis by telephone with the mere purpose of sharing experiences and to support each other. One of the Sderot citizens said ''we feel responsible for the inhuman situation they live in''.

It's admirable and good to see there are actually people who do understand that the majority of Gaza inhabitants condemn violence and talk instead of using violence, in contrast to some retards on this forum.

The reportage furthermore indicated that both these Israeli citizens and Palestinian citizens lost trust in their governments. I can imagine, both of their governments are totally screwed.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I notice that in an AP report from Gaza City that another Palestinian rocket squad fired 10 rockets and 23 mortar shells into Israel, and the only person killed was a dumbass member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade.

Since the goal of these men is to become martyrs, I don't understand Israel holding back. Help them all reach their goal.

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join